1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: Obi-wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

was a bit disappoint he didn't do his gangsta voice. i wanted at least a "fukk da empire coming straight from da undaground"

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This show is made for three year olds who love ‘sneaking’ and ‘running away’ from their parents. Except in the show, the parents aren’t playing along. They’re all just idiots.

Disney: Listen, Hayden, baby, we might have a way to get you back in the game in the most iconic way possible, baby!
    Hayden Christensen: I don’t know, the prequels were so bad they scarred me for life and I haven’t acted in almost 20 years..
    Disney: No baby, we got this, there’s no way this show could be worse than the sequels, let alone the prequels, baby! Look at what we’re doing with Boba and Mando! Baby!
    Hayden: I guess…it’s a lot of money. And you say people will love me?
    Disney: Baby, would we mess this up? Trust us! Obi-Wan is iconic! Sacred, baby!
    Hayden: I guess I can give it a try, I’m trusting you guys!

#182 Xerobull, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    B-Bob likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

When you watch Hayden in the interviews, he looks in over his head, but I don't know if he always came across like that or not. I am rooting for him to pull this off. But the interviews scare me. You can see Ewan is a hundred times much more comfortable.

The internet has pointed out so many flaws in the writing. One moment the fortress is impenetrable, the next they walk right in. One moment the guy helps all the Jedi into the railroad, but now won't help them out in the railroad, the next minute he does. One minute Obi can't even more a stapler with the force, the next minute he's using it all over the place. Everyone wants Obi dead, but they all just let him walk away. Good Lord.

It's just frustrating nobody picks up on the ridiculous aspects of the show given the inordinate talent they should have working for them. Or at least reshoot some of it to fix the obvious problems that everyone of us feels when watching it.

As for Reva possibly flipping to good... I can see how they can play that with the rail road and what not, and it's an ironic play on her character's name too, it's a Disney thing, but she cut off someone's hand for god sake. She's a killer. So if they arc her to the good side and she becomes another reason why Obi escapes Vader I think it's lame. But I do see that an entirely plausible given the clues at this point.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

There's an epic scene in ep 7 where Leia hides in the middle of a circular rack of robes at the underground jedi department store while Obi wanders around shouting "Leia!" repeatedly.

B-Bob, Blatz, peleincubus and 2 others like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Obi Wan can't force wiggle a damn thing despite being a jedi for most of his waking life, but can slashy slashy troopers like riding a bike during the height of his ptsd years.

Not even the high ground.

It's the streaming lobotomy of fake conflicts. Wade died from a toaster throw to give consequence or meaning to a filler episode.

This **** happens a lot on "ok sci fi" Discovery and Picard.

Hey, nothings happened so far in this rat maze designed to burn 6-8 hours out of the streamer's life... let's kill off this extra who we spent zero time filling in a backstory.

Wouldn't it have been baddass and worth the wait to just redo Taken meets starwars with a 25 million per ep budget? Give Obi wan some dignity, while focusing off Leah as a mcguffin for his road trip outside tatooine?

Too toxic. We want this for all audiences despite this being more relevant to people who followed it 20 years ago.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Reva actress was good in Queen’s Gambit but terrible in this role. Her bad guy act is cringe.

They got Ewan to come back and this is the best script/budget they could come up with? Just a make a movie.

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Who would have thought that,
    She a Yale Drama grad, they don't just let anyone into that program. So she has acting chops. I've said it before but the writing is bad and the directing is just as bad. The director should have realized how bad the dialogue was and told her not to take it so seriously. Have fun with it. The way she's playing it is like she doing a stage production of a Shakespeare drama.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan
    Exactly how I feel about it. Quite cringe at times,when her character tries to be stern / authoritative. Just comes off as meh....not nearly as captivating / interesting as the Grand Inquisitor / Fifth Brother.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Still got the woke crew trying to shoehorn characters into roles they shouldn't be in. I'm not saying a woman couldn't pull this off, but I agree, she's pretty meh so far.

Kathleen Kennedy must have some dirt on someone.

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think a lot of it has to do with her look. she just doesn't looking menacing at all. She needs an Angela basset, Grace Jones look. She's just too baby faced to take seriously.

Uprising likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"This is not the Obi Wan series I was looking for"

Very disappointed in this series. I wanted Obi-Wan, the Jedi on a quest for redemption and closure, and not Obi-Wan, old babysitter.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The RESISTANCE gettin kinda urban, low key, frfr

tinman and Jontro like this.
  13. Beezy

Beezy Member

Jedi: Fallen Order did it better.

tinman likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Stormtroopers in need of some changes...

15. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It’s just…..bad. Makes me appreciate Boba Fett.

tinman likes this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t disagree that she can act, she’s just not the right person for the role regardless of how **** the writing is. And it is quite ****.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

@Yung-T and i stand by obi. he may be a useless caveman now, but we know he’ll eventually be the greatest living force fighter again (starkiller doesn’t count cus he not canon).

can’t wait for season 2 when it’s luke’s turn to act up. mad respek for obi for taking on the task of baby sitting both children, unlike midget yoda who ran away and became a tree monkey

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol I said this at the beginning and the fake nerds don’t believe it

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me thinks Jar Jar is better

20. Jontro

Jontro Member