1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

mElon got a house in the Hamptons he wants to show his in laws.

2. Major

Major Member

Not quite - they are giving him data that they already sell to other people. But not the data he wants/needs - because he waived due diligence.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/08/elon-musk-twitter-data-bots

Twitter has agreed to provide a set of user data to Elon Musk, who claims he can bail on his $44 billion takeover of the social media company if it misrepresented how many of its accounts are bots, The Washington Post first reported and Axios confirmed.

Yes, but: This isn't the data Musk needs to prove or disprove his hunch.

Musk will get access to a data firehose of all public tweets, which also is something that a small group of ad agencies and other third parties already receive for a fee.

• But plenty of real people use Twitter without actually tweeting, and those accounts wouldn't appear in the firehose. They would, however, be included in Twitter's internal calculations of monthly daily active users, which is the cohort Twitter uses when determining that 5% of its accounts are fake.
    • Musk isn't getting access to this private data set, nor does he have a right to it because he waived due diligence.
    • Musk also wouldn't have access to other internal signals Twitter uses to help determine real vs. fake accounts, such as what tweets an account views or follows. These signals also help Twitter determine which "Twitter Moments" and other content to serve.
    • Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal recently wrote that the use of both public and private data is vital to determining the number of bots, but Musk only is expected to receive the former.
    Twitter declined comment, except to reiterate its earlier statement about intending "to close the transaction and enforce the merger agreement at the agreed price and terms."

The bottom line: Expect Musk to keep agitating for the private data, and for Twitter to keep turning him down.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Exiled

Exiled Member

I stayed with it , as its right now ..it did not go high enough to sell or low enough to buy more , I like the result so far , but made me Question RIVN/LCID/TSLA current market price

I don't have much of an opinion over Musk , but EV future is in Warren Buffets' hand after BYD/Lithium mines acquisition

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I didn't re-enter options before ER, but I definitely agree on your thoughts about not low enough to buy more/sell off etc.

What are your thoughts on RIVN etc?

TSLA I'm planning to trade on momentum during the day/Elon tweets, haha. As long as you're not going crazy with risks/chasing entries you missed - small plays on OTM contracts can get you nice returns. Lately I've just been moving SPY contracts during the day though, today though I didn't trade anything.

In the current market I will enter/exit most contracts same day unless it's a lotto/planned further out. I did see some crazy stuff with regards to VIX contracts getting purchased, I don't have it in front of me but I want to say July iirc.. Like these were way OTM, if I find it I'll share.

Exiled likes this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

hahaha I owe him 5% discount .

This article is very balanced
    https://www.ft.com/content/1b61d2e2-c635-46b4-9e21-3a1ea0a5fecf

I use corp account to invest solely to divert tax, so high margin of risk and long term return is not so bad for me .things being equal :the more volume the better, BYD is out of reach ,NIO is TSLA2015 : ambitious with progress (1 million sub25k line by2025) is hard to pass, Xpeng is safe pick , RIVN/LCID too slow (TSLA 2011) if you scroll back in time

This tube show NIO es8,it is so cheesy but will score high on customers demand

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t even know why I own stocks. My cash loses 10% due to inflation and my stocks lose 20% due to the Bear. I could’ve spent that money on cars and boats.

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Powell/ Fed has put themselves in a tough spot by taking a 0.75% rate hike off the table...

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I bought a car in Feb instead of putting it into the market...lol..
    I needed to feel alive. Sound of a flat-six engine purring is doing it for me..

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

expecting a nice dead cat bounce of 500 pt

10. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I am going to invest in dead cats.

Exiled and Sajan like this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I may buy a 23 Mach-E since since the oil majors refuse to open up more gasoline refineries.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What did you get, like a 911? Regardless probably a better investment than the market, lol. A lot more fun too.

As usual I missed my entry on SPY/Netflix puts due to a work meeting. I'm going to adjust my schedule for meetings going forward.

Ubiquitin and Sajan like this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

have a 87 911. got rid of my '14 911 to get a '14 cayman s.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks for sharing this, I didn't get to watch the video yet but will soon. I really appreciate it!

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn!! Very nice! Yeah, you definitely made the right choice!

I mean with getting a car vs this market craziness, I definitely hope to own a Porsche eventually, really nice imo.

#18675 CCity Zero, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

sqqq tmv popn, good luck

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

looks like another sell off today

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Let's just get SPY to 350 and restart this party.....

Ubiquitin and CCity Zero like this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Fan of the 2008 Subaru Tribeca myself.

Sajan and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

Yikes

Ubiquitin likes this.