1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this is still so crazy to me. what the hell? It keeps getting worse. who is this dude?

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Thank the LORD he is gone, I have a feeling if this had come out prior to the trade it would not have happened. Thank you Cleveland and good luck with ALL that :D If he would have come clean when this first came out and admitted he just wanted a rub and tug this would all be over but he had to "fight" to clear his name and prove to all of us what a good Christian man his mama raised..........he is an idiot. 66 women over 17 months......yea it was all for "medical" reasons just as Rusty said, I wonder if Rusty is regretting this one now :rolleyes: We got draft collateral and the Browns got the shaft

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is damning.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

"Yet a New York Times examination of records, including depositions and evidence for the civil lawsuits as well as interviews of some of the women, showed that Watson engaged in more questionable behavior than previously known.

The Times’s review also showed that Watson’s conduct was enabled, knowingly or not, by the team he played for at the time, the Houston Texans, which provided the venue Watson used for some of the appointments. A team representative also furnished him with a nondisclosure agreement after a woman who is now suing him threatened online to expose his behavior."

Two Sandwiches and ROCKSS like this.
  5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Jesus what a scumbag. I've never openly rooted for a player to fail in his career but here we are.

cmoak1982 and ROCKSS like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

“Oh most definitely always professional,” he texted. “I even have a NDA I have therapist sign too.”

My massages are so professional you can't talk about them or I'll sue your ass off.

This is coercion, intimidation, exploitation, and predation all rolled into one.

So glad this piece of **** is gone.

ElPigto, BMoney, UTSA2step and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not the Texans problem any more. Move the thread.

8. H. Christopher

DeShaun is one sick b*stard

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. Damion Laverne

He should've gone to real whores that offer massages. There are plenty of them in this town.

Way cheaper.

10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

For THE FIRST TIME IN TEXANS HISTORY….

we might be on the right side of one of the biggest fleecings of all time. Say what you want about Caserio- but he handled the Deshaun situation pretty much flawlessly. So glad this weirdo is not a Houston Texan anymore.

Shark44, BMoney and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. magman

magman Member

If the Texans provided the NDA to give to the women.... The Texans need to get dragged for enabling Watson, and any feigned surprise from the Texans as to not being aware is BS as well.

What a ****ed up situation. Whoever was involved along with Watson in the cover up is despicable too.

BMoney, javal_lon and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sex addiction 101… but Watson’s ego too big to admit it?

He’d have been the first high profile athlete to come out with this “problem”… and like I said earlier, once enough awareness raised, he would actually start to come out on top of this (no pun intended).

Its likely to be his only recourse now. Browns fans (who haven’t benefitted from him in any way) are turning on him, women everywhere turning on him, the NFL will be forced into a harsher punishment than previously discussed, public opinion already decidedly against his actions… and the worst thing he can do is claim that they’re “all lying”.

And this is all before the inexplicable largest guaranteed deal in NFL history, and how a team supposedly “did their homework” before giving him that offer. In many ways, team Watson coerced/convinced/manipulated the Browns much like he was able to coerce/intimidate these women.

UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hoping McNair can get fired for this. Organizational enablement of harassment.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Isn’t that why they got rid of Amy Pallicic? Makes more sense now given how highly regarded she was around the league.

And the Texans let the story come to light once team Watson made their trade demand. Much like the Browns inexplicably gave him $230 million guaranteed, the Texans were trying to protect their franchise player. It would be different if they were actually going out and finding these women and paying them off for him… that didn’t happen and I don’t see the Texans getting much more flack for this.

Bobbythegreat and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Did you read the article? The Texans provided the masseuses and NDAs; it's not over for us

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont condone what the Texans did providing Watsib with NDA's, but I wonder if they knew the extent of Watson debauchery. I can see a team letting their star player engage in SOME hedonistic activities and covering for them a little.

but this is crazy I dont think Texans covering this much unless i missed something.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Of course they knew it's impossible to keep something like this a secret in a locker room -- maybe if it's just a few women, but when it becomes dozens his situation becomes the classic 'open secret'.

liveguy, UTSA2step and DreamShook like this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Common knowledge that Cal and dem had something to hang over Watsons head... Once he spurned them, gloves came off!... Its not as farfetched as people think

liveguy and DreamShook like this.
  19. liveguy

liveguy Member

So the Texans knew he was a weirdo all along and dropped the Ace card on Deshaun once to DEMANDED to be traded.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out….

javal_lon likes this.
  20. liveguy

liveguy Member

I hope the McNairs have to sell.

Team needs new ownership.

BMoney and javal_lon like this.