1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Went with my sons for my birthday...

Deckard and Ziggy like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

• I recently saw Big Thief - best show I've been to in a decade
    • Excited about seeing Pavement in LA this summer
    • Friends dragging me to 3EB - it's almost a joke for me. But there's a nostalgia to it
    I did see Bright Eyes at White Oak 2 weeks ago. The singer (Conor Oberst) stumbled around and only managed 1.5 songs before disappearing off stage and never returning. The band (confused) decided to invite people in the audience to sing. I would have been pissed if it wasn't such a surreal experience due to the random, borderline absurd karaoke (and edibles).

DCkid likes this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The Warning

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You saw Primus perform "A Farewell to Kings" album by Rush in its entirety. How was that in person? The surviving members of Rush saw Primus play it this tour at the Toronto concert.

My last concert was Rush in Dallas in 2015 for the R40 tour. They are really the only band I want to see in concert. I went to around 15 Rush shows in my life. I miss it! They knew how to put on a long, quality show!

#24 Surfguy, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Invisible Fan and VooDooPope like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Coldplay: I've only been to a handful of concerts but this was, by far, the best concert experience I've ever witnessed. I live in DFW and the concert was at the Cotton Bowl and man...they put on a damn good show.

Upcoming:
    The Killers
    Gryffin

Maybe:
    Halsey
    Odesza

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Saw Jack White at the Moody Center in Austin last week. Amazing show!! But a few days later me and my wife tested positive for covid.

Blake likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know how students and "twenty-somethings" (the ones who aren't devs making 6 figures) can go to a concert more than a couple of times a year, especially bringing a date. The prices, and it's been like this for decades now, are truly a scandal. Seriously. The owners of Ticketmaster should be in prison. Calling the fees outrageous is a gross understatement. At least you can still go to a club for live music and it's usually affordable, but touring acts? Come on!

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hey man, check Vivid seats closer to the concert date!! I have had some really stupid luck on there. Like 1-2 months out from event and closer is when to check. I got floor level access and was right in front of the stage to Slipknot for $100 per ticket when it was reselling closer to $300-500 at the time and this was before Covid-19 (September 2019). The lineup also had Gojira, Volbeat and Behemoth.

I started seeing random price drops within that 1-2 month period (sometimes up to a week before).

I seriously thought it was a fake but they were real and they even mailed the tickets out so I have the actual ticket vs digital.

I basically noticed this time frame previously on a few other concerts because I think the resellers get desperate, I like to think of it like trading stock options that are close to DTE.

The other option is if you have a handicap friend/family member who wants to go you can normally find face value tickets direct from the site at the original price- and they will have seats both people can use, so if they're handicap isn't fully wheelchair bound they'll still have a seat. They also legally can't check... but I recommend taking someone who is actually handicap because I like to make sure the tickets are going to the right place.

Other option is to check surrounding cities, I'm in Austin but will travel to Houston/SA/Dallas if the price is significantly cheaper (this was before the crazy prices) but since I'll just stay with a friend/family member I normally don't have to worry about a hotel etc.

Blake and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thanks! I used to just go to shows and haggle with the scalpers but ain't nobody got time for that now.

I'll just set a reminder for shows I'm interested in and see if I can catch a deal. Thanks again.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

DFCC8799-678A-413F-B359-070838E4F2D3.jpeg DFCC8799-678A-413F-B359-070838E4F2D3.jpeg 8E40B11A-C963-4CA9-A404-A1D616D041B9.jpeg 8B7A9F85-BEAF-4836-9F6C-1FA3F32AC95D.jpeg

Primus is one of the few bands that could do Rush proud and cover an album in front to back. It was awesome! Like you I’ve seen Rush dozens of times. Primus even more. Love both bands and it makes me sad that I’ll never see Rush again live so this Primus tour is a treat. I’m seeing the last show of the tour in Vail in August and can’t wait to see it again.

in the ~30 times I’ve seen Primus I’ve never seen Les play a 6 string guitar. He plays the double neck on some of the Rush stuff and I was lucky enough to get a guitar pick from him in Austin. It’s my holy grail of Primus memorabilia.

rocketsjudoka and Surfguy like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sure thing and good luck! I think it's worth a shot for sure! I am also frugal too, I basically prefer to tell people the low price I paid vs trying to show off how much I over paid haha.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a band out of Austin called The Reverent Few that does bluesy/rock type music. They're really good. I've seen them a couple times at McGonigal's Mucky Duck.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

He played solo and sounded as good as I have ever heard him. Guitar tone is so pure and clear. He has to be pushing 70. And hilarious as usual.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We saw the Killers in NYC at The Hanger in August. Probably around 3000 there. It was their first post COVID concert.
    Outstanding show.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Buck Turgidson and Deckard like this.
  16. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I saw OMD a few weeks ago. Upcoming:
    Killers
    Pet Shop Boys/New Order
    Roger Waters
    ACL

After 2020/2021 I decided I better see a bunch of artists before they stop touring....

DFWRocket, FrontRunner and CCity Zero like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I was geeked for that show, had a small group together, then my buzzkill brother reminded everyone that it was on Easter Weekend. Booooo.

VooDooPope likes this.
  18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Brooks & Dun
    Kenny Chesney

Only the goats.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Both concerts I've bought tickets for have been canceled so far.

Pinegrove and Animal Collective.

One of these days I'll return to a show.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth! Before Ticketmaster and online resale ticket outlets you could get a front row seat for less than ten dollars for any major venue. Now scalpers and resellers buy them up and charge kids a week salary for three or four hours of entertainment. Some of those front few row seats go for more than a car payment now. That's like throwing money in the air like you just don't care.

#40 deb4rockets, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    snowconeman22 and Deckard like this.