1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Podcast mailbag

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Lachard Binkley

What's up, Rocket fans! For the next ClutchFans Rocket Fuel Podcast, we will be talking about some of the hot forum topics and also want to answer questions exclusively from the ClutchFan community. So any questions you have, let us know, and we will answer as many as possible in our second segment.

2. xaos

xaos Member

Great idea

I'll just throw out one so I don't just consolidate all the topics into one post:
    • How confident are you that Sengun and Banchero fit together as starters on a championship level team during or before their second NBA contract is over?

Lachard Binkley likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How do planes fly? I still don't really get it. I can understand a helicopter, but a plane? I'm confused.

Also, what would be the most effective way to convince KPJ that we don't need him as a PG? I feel like he wouldn't take that well no matter how we approached it.

4. mightybosstone

A year from now when all of the big contracts are off the books, who are some free agents you think the team should be targeting with all that cap space? What's the dream scenario for that offseason look like versus a more realistic offseason?

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good to see newer outlets and platforms come back to the MECCA of Rocket basketball talk for input!

(just ignore our dysfunctional bickering we really do love each other :D)

Question: Does Banchero slimming down allow him to be the full time 3 for this team and if so how does that alter the roster construct?

Rashmon and Lachard Binkley like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Thoughts on best archetype to build a team. (ex: free agents vs homegrown). Where do Rockets stand amongst the other teams?

How tall is Jalen Green really?

To be finals contender do you need top 10 offense and top 10 defense?

How long is too long for a rebuild?

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How do you think Rafael Stone should continue to build around Josh Christopher? Which of the top 3 picks do you think will mesh best with Christopher?

8. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

When will the Rockets redistribute the money that Kelvin Cato stole from us?

C'mon, I could really use the money. These gas prices are killing me!

9. TimDuncanDonaut

:eek::D

Williamson and Lachard Binkley like this.
  10. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Which non-lotto projected player do you think will be the hidden gem/draft steal in this class?
    2. Are the Rockets done tanking, or are we going to tank one more year for a chance at Victor Wembanyama?
    3. Who is on your list of the most jacked NBA lineup of all time?

11. opticon

opticon Member

Will tune in to hear the answer to this the world needs to know.

Williamson and Lachard Binkley like this.
  12. Lachard Binkley

That question has to be answered and we will dive deep into it

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Really enjoyed your last podcast. Looking forward to the next one. Just a suggestion, but I’d love for you to explore how we can turn the assistant coaching into a big asset for the organization.

14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

1. Would you trade down from #3 to get an unprotected pick next year from a team like Sacramento?
    2. If you could change anything about the Rockets online community, what would it be? (for me, it would be to stop all the whining on Twitter about unfair media coverage)

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The latest ESPN(+) mock draft has the Bulls taking Tari Eason at 18. @Clutch recently started a thread featuring the thoughts of Jonathan Givony and Bobby Marks about the draft and related rumors. The pair likely had a lot to do with creating this mock draft. Do you think they are deliberately teasing Clutch and the board by making Eason, one of the draft 3&D favorites here, available at 17? Are they mocking ClutchFans??

If Eason is available at 17, I'll eat my new ClutchFans hat (when it arrives). Well, if it's eatable. As a follow-up to that, do you have a favorite ClutchFans t-shirt, OP? Inquiring minds want to know.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

are we still primarily a team of analytics?
    watup with Mahmoud Abdelfattah?

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Best podcast ever.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Who's the Royce White of this year's NBA draft?

19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Is there a chance the Rockets move Wall plus assets for Kyrie, and how far would this set back the rebuild? Would this lead to the playoffs next season?

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

1.) Would you trade the pick for SGA?
    2.) We have all this cap space to spend next offseason, who specifically are you willing to overpay to get here?