1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Barry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Yep, this is the whole reason why it's so good.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

When I first started watching this and saw it had Winkler, I thought "I guess he's there because someone threw him a bone and he'll probably be an extreme minor character". Boy was I wrong. Winkler is great in this show. Stephen Root is also great...except I can't get his Dodgeball character out of my head when I see him. And of course, Anthony Carrigan might be the best actor on this show. The way he plays Hank is absolutely hilarious.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Also, the incompetence of the Chechens is mind-blowing funny.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Started watching this over the last week. It's much darker and serious than I expected. Not sure if I'll stick with it.

GRENDEL and boomboom like this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Give it a shot, I just finished binging this and it gets better and better, Hadar is really good

6. Buck Turgidson

It went from really fun dark to really dark and funny with the new season. I'm waiting to see where it all goes.

7. Beezy

Beezy Member

[​IMG]

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Only a few eps into S3 but damn it seems pretty dark this year. More so than the last two seasons.

9. Beezy

Beezy Member

Another great episode.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That action sequence that finished off the episode was pretty amazing in terms of staging and direction. Hader has some real skill behind the camera....

11. Buck Turgidson

Hilarious scene, really well done.

Love the baker/lifecoach also.

12. Beezy

Beezy Member

So that season finale was super dark, even by Barry standards. Could have easily been a series finale.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree, this whole season turned up the dark several notches. I still enjoyed it but my goodness, what an ending. My wife and I agree, it could have been a perfect series finale. If I didn't know season 4 was on the works I would be perfectly fine with it.

14. GRENDEL

It was pretty damn dark but really topped off a great season.....I'm curious to see where there go next season, I think it's the final season if I remember correctly....

clos4life likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't know why I waited, but finally binged the whole thing. This has to be one of the fastest moving shows I can think of. Like paced extremely well, even with episodes only being 30 min, just seem to pass by fast, doesn't seem to really have any filler either.

I also didn't really know much about the show and managed to miss all the spoilers...

Highly recommend it! Hader is amazing, somehow pulling off acting/directing (most of the episodes) /writing. It's really impressive how it keeps moving. Him and Berg must make a pretty impressive team.

I honestly don't know where they can go from here but it kept me really interested and with what I've seen so far I'm sure they can keep it going. I really enjoy how crazy it gets at times. The whole cast works really great together.

TheJuice, Beezy and clos4life like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

17. Buck Turgidson

@GRENDEL

Dude, he never dropped the beignets

dmoneybangbang, clos4life and GRENDEL like this.
  18. GRENDEL

I know, thought it was a hilarious thing to include in all the madness....

CCity Zero and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't watch this show. Stopped after S1. What happens in the finale that is so dark, just tell me? Spoiler it. I just cant correlate what I saw during S1 into something dark.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's worth watching, I felt season 3 is just showing progression of the character and overall tone changing with the show. The seasons get better I felt as they progressed, especially with character development/back story.

Not really much to spoiler here-

But I felt it doesn't really end on a dark note, it's just more the overall journey getting there, and the consequences of his actions towards his mental health.

#40 CCity Zero, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    TheJuice likes this.