1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN975) Rumor: Kyrie Irving to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 1, 2022.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Something tells me those Nets picks are going to be highly valuable, regardless of whether or not we trade for Kyrie.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I would MUCH rather have a 50% shot at a top 3 pick over your best case scenario of playing one playin game and getting killed

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It all makes sense now. TF and LTS will always go hand in hand forever.

4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tommy Beer @TommyBeer
    The biggest free agent signings in 2019: Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving
    Three years later – the team KD left (the Warriors) and the team Kyrie left (the Celtics) are facing off in the NBA Finals – 8:46 AM

Corrosion, theDude, jcmoon and 5 others like this.
  5. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I stopped watching the Rockets toward the end of the Harden years. Just bad basketball. Drove me crazy. Was not fun to watch and I turned it off. Harden is immensely talented. I'm now a Coog fan - damn good basketball! I'm so out of Rocket touch I haven't seen a Green game yet.

TheBeastSystem likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

He's worth the watch, but if you're going to watch based on wins and losses I'd prob hold off one more year of Rockets basketball tbh

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Kyrie would be terrible because he's such a flake and I don't want anyone like him screwing with the locker room

8. Raven

Raven Member

He's never going to change, and this is a disastrous idea. It's so unfailingly stupid, I worry there might be some truth in it.

Aruba77 likes this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Totally depends on package. Wouldnt surprise me if the guy just quit one day. Kind of reminds me of Ricky Williams. I’m not sure he “loves” the game like other top players.

But say they want KJM and/or KPJ and one of their picks. Would you really say no without consideration?

Granted I’m not on the ‘tank and pray’ side. If there’s an opportunity to compete quickly, I’m all for it.

VoR likes this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

what do you consider competing? Do you consider 36 wins and getting smoked in the playin game as competing? Are the spurs competing in your mind?

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Kyrie is better than anyone on the Spurs. He alone playing a full season could win 36 games. Sengun, Green, Kyrie, and a free agent? That team is better than the Spurs.

Rokman likes this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

and what do you feel the ceiling of kyrie, green, shengun is next season? lets give kryie 60 games (above his average)

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

say it aint so Rafa.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Easily could make the playoffs. With cap space you add a top free agent and we are set to contend.
    I want to win rings, sure, but I’m not looking to get the royal flush before I finally play a hand. That’s not what makes this league fun to watch, for me at least,

15. mightybosstone

Hard pass. You get one more year of your own draft pick. Trading for Kyrie so you can get 5-10 more wins and draft 5-10 spots lower in the first is completely pointless. That's on top of him being a total basket case, a horrible influence for the young guys and an awful defender. Literally zero reasons to make that trade right now.

Richie_Rich, hongxingli and xaos like this.
  16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This is the only fanbase that gets grilled for making statements that they like the idea of competition. At some point all you loser mentality fans need to get back on the winning trajectory as it does innumerable damage to the young players and the organization to continuously have the absolute worst record in the league (which is what you all desire). We now have back to back top 3 picks, so it’s time to start winning again. I am truly beside myself with the loser mentality most people on this board have. Next year we win 18 games with Silas and get another top 3 pick then you all will say just one more year of tanking so we can have 4 top 3 picks in our starting lineup. It’s ludicrous…..and we simply become the Sacramento Kings of the NBA. At some point the purpose of following a team is to enjoy winning basketball (while we are alive) and that usually comes from teams with a mix of young and vets. Once again, get it in your thick heads that we now have TWO top 3 picks in the world in our starting 5. Time to quit losing and build around those young stars by acquiring legit vets to get us back on the winning path. Being back in the playoffs would be a good start…..Memphis fans didn’t win a championship, but enjoyed seeing their young players like Morant get valuable playoff experience that our players only got by watching the games at their local strip clubs, bars, and other establishments.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Kyrie is a BEAST on offense. I was stunned at how well he played last year. . . . I don't want him on this team though. How about this we trade for him then flip him to LA for Westbrook and their future Pick. Of course Wall has to be heading to Brooklyn in this deal.

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I put in a trade earlier to facilitate Irving to Lakers, Westbrook to us and a laker pick and wall to Nets and a lakers pick to us. If we are in on Irving it should be as facilitator.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think the Lakers would give up two picks to take Irving for Westbrook.

withmustard likes this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

Didn't read the rest but we have no incentive to tank for 3 years starting 2023. There's an absolute timeline for us organically tanking. This is or at least should be common knowledge by now