1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. VoR

VoR Member

Agreed. Fanbase is still dealing with PTSD. Keep the Turkish Delight, send Wood packing.

aaquaa and Plowman like this.
  2. VoR

VoR Member

Westbrook aint never going to Utah.

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Where are you getting that ppp info ?

Among players with at least 2 post ups per game, he's in a 3 way tie for 18th in the league in PPP on postups.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/p...&dir=1&SeasonType=Regular Season&CF=POSS*GE*2

He only scored 2.1 points per game off post ups last year.

Obviously, you're not referring to actual postups. Just curious what criteria you were using for the top 3 in the post reference?

Yung-T and xaos like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't agree entirely with you on that point. Paolo will be a scorer, but I think he can be a part time distributor ie a semi- point forward if Silas is flexible enough to use him properly. I think he's an inexperienced coach. He doesn't know how to utilise his players properly.

cmoak1982 and VoR like this.
  5. VoR

VoR Member

most assists per game from ALL of the top 5 contenders.

6. aelliott

Which version of Arvydas?

Pre-injury Sarbonisi was an athletic freak. He was in the conversation for most skilled big men in the world. He was a much more skilled offensive player than Sengun. He could beat you with speed or power. Defensively they weren't when in the same universe.

After the knee and achilles injuries, Sarbonis was a much larger (300lb) version of himself without the athleticism and mobility. By the time he got to the NBA, he was a shell of his former self. Prime Sarbonis would have been among the NBA's elite rather than the backup center that he was in Portland.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There is the issue with the Rockets specifically. There is no offense, and even still, it’s yet to be seen if his handle and lack of blow by ability is going to lead to off the bounce passes. Which is what he excels at.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Who Paolo?
    3.2 assists isn’t something to write home about. Ivey had 3.1 as a combo guard.

Paolo wasn’t even close to the leader on his own team in assists as the highest usage player.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You might be right. I do think Paolo can push the ball even from the backcourt with a good entry pass with his court vision. I do think his scoring efficiency in the front court will improve with experience. His footwork is quite strong, despite his lack of explosiveness.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. VoR

VoR Member

Jesus. **** off you little cunt. I spoke the TRUTH. He has the most assists per game as a ******* forward. Now **** off and cry in the shower.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Sengun is as untouchable as Pau Gasol in his prime. He has at least another 4 years at this type of production. Has way more pro experience than Banchero.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you're actually considering trading Sengun for the sake of drafting Banchero then you just don't know ball. It'd be one thing if Sengun were KPJ's age but he's literally the youngest player on our current roster.

RudyTBag, Ramo$e, Zen Tabak and 3 others like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Quit crying you little p***y. Don’t get mad for calling you out on facts about your boy toy, little sensitive b****.

Edit* Moore is a forward and had more assists on Paolo’s team. Fvcking idiot

aaquaa likes this.
  14. aelliott

Where are you getting the idea that Bonchero is inefficient? He had a 55.7 TS% this year at Duke. While that isn't Harden-esque efficiency, it's certainly nowhere close to inefficient. If you have that high of a standard for efficiency, then I assume that you also feel that Sengun was inefficient this year? His TS% was 55.2% this year.

Interesting that you mention Tatum. That's a great comparison - one and done Duke forwards. If you look at their Duke numbers, they are incredibly similar.

Games Tatum 29 Bonchero 39
    Pts/Gm Tatum 16.8 Bonchero 17.2
    Reb Tatum 7.3 Bonchero 7.8
    Ast Tatum 2.1 Bonchero 3.2
    Stl Tatum 1.3 Bonchero 1.1
    blk Tatum 1.1 Bonchero 0.9
    TOV Tatum 2.6 Bonchero 2.4
    FG% Tatum 45.20% Bonchero 47.80%
    3Pt% Tatum 34.20% Bonchero 33.80%
    2pt% Tatum 50.40% Bonchero 52.50%
    FGA Tatum 12.6 Bonchero 13.2
    Minutes/gm Tatum 33.3 Bonchero 33.0
    3pt Attempts Tatum 4 Bonchero 3.3
    FT% Tatum 84.90% Bonchero 72.90%
    FTA Tatum 4.8 Bonchero 4.8
    TS% Tatum 56.60% Bonchero 55.70%
    USG Tatum 26.2 Bonchero 27.5
    AST/TO Tatum 0.808 Bonchero 1.33
    WS Tatum 4.1 Bonchero 6.1

Those are very similar numbers though I will point out that Bonchero's assist numbers were much better. 1.5 times as many assists and less turnovers.

I'm certainly not a Bonchero guy but let's not pretend like he's some inefficient chucker.

TAB, BHannes2BHonest, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Inefficient as being below average for what is expected in the NBA. Sengun was inefficient last year as well except Sengun was playing NBA players while being on a bad team.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s more efficient in some areas but still not efficient compared to averages.
    4th on his team in 2P% 5th on his team in 3P%
    5th in FT% barely above Williams, 4th in TS%

And that’s not including part time players.
    Furthermore, there are dips from college to pros. If he maintained his percentages from college to pros, it would be average for a 3 besides FT% but below average 2P% for a 4.

He’s a high usage guy in college, with solid playmaking for a big guy (he’s not a lead guy) acceptable shooting splits but not anywhere close to efficient. Has functional athleticism but isn’t beating anyone on sheer athleticism.
    Where is his position in the pros?

Also, if he is anywhere near Tatum, which I agree they are similar in college, he would have to make a ton of progress to reach that level. That would be huge for us, and I would absolutely take it. I just don’t see it happening.

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Paolo is advertised as the most NBA ready; but if he comes out bad first half of NBA season.

Are we going to hear stuff like:
    • hE's OnLY a rOokiE, giVE hIM Time.
    • Silas don't know how to use Paolo.
    • Don't let Sengun playmake, let Paolo practice more passing.
    o_O

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Paolo is weird in that he's got parts of his game that are NBA ready. He's likely going to be able to score a lot of points from day 1. He'll probably roll through some of the weaker teams, but I worry his efficiency is going to struggle against better defenders.

No Worries and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Every rookie should have the benefit of more time before drawing super quick conclusions...

Zen Tabak likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

In which case 'the most NBA ready', might not amount to much as far as rookie production.