1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Right...It's important to Johnny Depp. Not to you or anyone else not named Johnny Depp or Amber Heard. You get that, right? I'm concerned (not really) that you live in this strange fantasy world where you think Entertainment Tonight, TMZ, and Access Hollywood are actual news programs.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

You said it Ted. You are a boot licking sycophant with no pride and no spine. You are also a lying traitor.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Ted Cruz delivered a positively brilliant speech at the NRA convention in Houston this last weekend, where he spoke in response to the shrill, hysterically wrought, politically insidious efforts of the radical left to try to render Americans positively defenseless, yet again. Under no circumstances ever should we radically eliminate rights and pass laws emotionally motivated in a mob-style frenzy. Not now. Not ever. Especially when the people we are most in need of being able to defend ourselves against is this same mob of dominance and control obsessed radical leftists.

Ted Cruz nocked this one out of the park. He is exactly right. Mark this speech down as the potential beginning of his 2024 presidential campaign run. And what a great start it is.

Ted Cruz Asserts "We're Not Responding To Tragedy By Giving Up Rights"

Speaking at the NRA conference in Houston this past weekend, Cruz stated “It’s far easier to slander one’s political adversaries and to demand that responsible citizens forfeit their constitutional rights than it is to examine the cultural sickness giving birth to unspeakable acts of evil.”

“It’s far less comfortable to ask why despair and isolation and violent hatred is so prevalent in America,” he further urged, adding that “the elites who dominate our culture” are intent on pushing the idea that “firearms lie at the root of the problem.”

Cruz continued, “Tragedies like the events of this week are a mirror forcing us to ask hard questions, demanding that we see where our culture is failing, looking at broken families, absent fathers, declining church attendance, social media bullying, violent online content, desensitizing the act of murder in video games, chronic isolation, prescription drug, and opioid abuse and their collective effects on the psyche of young Americans is both complicated and multifaceted.”

“It’s a lot easier to moralize about guns and to shriek about those you disagree with politically, but it’s never been about guns,” the Senator further declared.

“Taking guns away from these responsible Americans will not make them safer, nor will it make our nation more secure,” Cruz said, adding that “In an age where elites embrace defunding the police, when homelessness runs rampant, when gangs dominate entire communities, and when radical district attorneys refuse to prosecute violent crime in cities across America, rarely has the Second Amendment been more necessary to secure the rights of our fellow citizens.”

Watch:

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Needed a good laugh this morning. You "nocked it out of the park".

Rashmon, ROCKSS and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Part of the reason there’s declining church attendance is because people keep getting murdered at them by bad people with guns.

larsv8 likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Id take Trump/H Clinton/Biden over Cruz. Annnnd I don't like a single one of them. I would seriously consider moving out of the US if he were president. The man is a fake hollow shell of a human being that would say or do anything to dupe people like you. Bravo

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So, what is Ted gonna do about broken homes, absent fathers, declining church attendance, social media bullying, violent online content, desensitizing the act of murder in video games, chronic isolation, prescription drug, and opioid abuse? Is he going to fix those things or does he just want to make sure he has a gun to shoot the victims of these problems if they ever come near him?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe gods smiting them for their hypocrisy and false worship and whatnot

Or maybe they just aren't praying hard enough

Difficult to tell

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The “not now , not ever” reminds me of something segregationists would say regarding integration . “NOT NOW , NOT EVVVVERRR !1!1!1”

isn’t that in a movie somewhere ?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

70% of Americans disagree. In fact, I would imagine "brilliant" is the last adjective they would use to describe that cowardly traitor, especially on a day like today.

#2931 deb4rockets, May 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

13. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I cannot even think of a comment to make about this.

Edit: I guess this was 2 months ago. Did not know of this until it popped up on my youtube recs last night.

14. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Jon Stewart with a response to everyone's favorite garbage senator.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jon Stewart deserves an enormous amount of respect for his advocacy for kids with autism, and 9/11 first responders.

but, he and the daily show bear as much responsibility for our current political dysfunction as does Joe Biden, and his actions during the Bork, Estrada, and Thomas hearings.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? The Daily Show was a positive. Are you saying that if Biden had called the other witnesses who also had claims of sexual harassment against Thomas, He wouldn't have been confirmed? If that was true, then Biden does deserve blame. But Biden didn't vote for Thomas to be confirmed so he deserves credit for that. Biden did keep Bork off the Supreme Court so that is another positive and job well done.

17. Buck Turgidson

I understand your other point, but the larger point to me is:

How was anything he just said in that video actually wrong?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. basso

Supporting Member

I was responding to Stewart's role in our fractured politics generally. I have not followed the latest Cruz Cerfuffle.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Senator Cruz eloquently and very correctly addresses FBI Director Chris Wray with regards to the political weaponization of the DOJ and FBI under the current administration, and going back the the Obama regime.

Right on. This is an enormous problem and certainly an issue that needs to be addressed as a high priority by presidential candidates in the 2024 campaign. The FBI and DOJ have very sadly become thoroughly corrupt and are no longer trustworthy arbiters and administers of matters of justice in this country.

20. basso

Supporting Member

the lasting legacy of the Obama administration: the politicization of the FBI, Justice Department as a whole, and the IRS, and the weaponization against ordinary Americans. And the Democratic Party and the liberal press (but I repeat myself) stood by and did nothing.

A scandal more profound than any leveled against Trump, or indeed, any of Obama's predecessors.

MojoMan likes this.