1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woke mob mad at Ricky Jervais like they were at Dave Chappelle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 27, 2022.

?

Woke people out to destroy Comedy

1. because woke people don't know what jokes are

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. because woke people know these jokes are based in fact

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. because woke people watch the view and think whoopi goldberg is funny, molly you in danger girl

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#1 tinman, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
    J.R. likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He's an *******. That's his entire schtick.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

They going to bum rush the stage now cause they’re feelings
    Be butt hurt

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This counter seems half right to me:

These critics are wrong. The company is not "inflicting" hateful rhetoric on its subscribers; one must consensually opt in to watch it. The "real-world harm" argument goes unsubstantiated yet remains the frequent rallying cry used by many leftists to argue for deplatforming. Recall, for example, the newsroom protest by New York Times staffers, who argued en masse that the paper running an op-ed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R–Ark.) calling for military action to pacify domestic protests and riots was putting black staffers' lives in danger.​

Netflix does forefront certain content over others through its recommendations. Adding content warnings or more options to filter out recommendations could help offset that.

6. a time to chill

That clip was comedic genius. I didn't know about this special before the controversy. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I love the new women. The ones with beards and cocks.”

“What about this person isn't a lady?"

"Well, his penis."

"HER penis you ****ing bigot!"

"What if he rapes me?"

"What if SHE rapes you, you ****ing TERF w****!"

:D

Rocket River and tinman like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

There’s also the old fashioned way of not watching what you don’t want to watch

So the trans people are purposely watching this to be outraged ?

I don’t watch those home gardening shows
    Am I suppose to be outraged if they insult my ikea plants ?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Like I said, the statement in the article is half-right.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** I remember trans jokes when I was in grade school. All the rage back then when the people telling the jokes didn't have their frontal loved fully developed.

I just remember an era when comedians punched up and not down. I just don't understand the allure to insult trans people as a butt of a joke.

If the only purpose of insulting trans people is to trigger leftists I feel sorry for the trans community catching those strays.

It sucks. These people struggle.to find a place in society. They feel like outliers and outcasts in elementary school, in high school and now in mass media. It sucks. I really feel bad for them.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Ricky Gervais sux at stand up

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

because of the built in ludicrous nature of calling a person with a beard and a **** "she" and calling people that disagree bigots. it doesn't make sense and triggers a laugh response.

tinman likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Let's say you think their entire entity is "ludicrous". Does that mean we should laugh at them? Do you think it's good for their mental health?

Let's say it's a mental illness as I'm sure that's your belief. Do you laugh at mentally ill patients? Do you laugh at their suffering and how it effects their immediate loved ones? Is that something that is funny?

Ya I get it. People have different taste in comedy. But what I don't like is when people claim that someone doesn't have a sense of humor because they don't find trans jokes funny? I mean I did once when I was a child. I get how that sounds condescending but it's the god honest truth. I found that humor funny as a kid and I feel like adults who find it funny today don't actually find the actual butt of the joke funny. They just fin "triggering people" funny which to me shows immaturity.

#14 fchowd0311, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: May 28, 2022
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Let's not say that. Let's say what I said.

The very nature of comedy is a setup and payoff where the ending is something different than what you expect and that trips an involuntary response. You probably entered it with your arms crossed waiting to be pissed which puts a stop to the entire process.

"They are ladies! Look at their.............pronouns" That's not the ending people expect.

You also missed that target of his joke. It isn't the trans person.

tinman likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Ha I get it now! Lol

17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just finished watching. :D

Spent like 2 minutes tops on trans :rolleyes:

“If you revel in someone getting canceled for something they said ten years ago, you're just ensuring that one day you'll be canceled for something you said today. You can't predict what will be offensive in the future. You don't know who the dominant mob will be.”

“The worst thing you can say today is women don’t have penises. Now no one saw that coming. There are no ten year old tweets. You won’t find a ten year old tweet of someone saying “Women don’t have penises.” You know why? We didn’t think we ****ing had to.”

“Someone tweeted me “Would you come to the bedside of a dying child and tell them there’s no heaven?” I tweeted back “Is it a paid gig?”

“I talk about aids, famine, cancer, the holocaust, rape, pedophilia but no, the one thing you should never joke about is the trans issue. They just want to be treated equally. I agree. That’s why I include them. They know I’m joking about all the other stuff but no, he must mean that. … I take on any view to make the joke funny. I’ll pretend to be right wing. I’ll pretend to be left wing. I’ll pretend to be clever. I’ll pretend to be stupid. Whatever makes the joke funny without prejudice. In real life, of course I support trans rights. I support all human rights and trans rights are human rights. Live your best life. Use your preferred pronouns. Be the gender you feel that you are but meet me halfway ladies, lose the ****.”

“… I know you can’t say Chinaman anymore. I can’t believe you ever could because that’s the laziest labeling of a demographic I’ve ever heard. So the first one lands on our shore and we gather around “Where you from?” “China” “Oh, you’re a Chinaman.” I’m a what? “A Chinaman.” “What’s my wife?” “Lady Chinaman” “Why don’t you call me by my name?” “I don’t know your name, do I?” “It’s Ling.” “Is that your first name or surname?” “Both.” “Ling Ling, Harrow?”

“Did anyone have a pedo teacher? Round of applause for pedo teachers. Unbelievable. That’s another thing, people are now trying to out-woke each other, soon people will say you can’t say pedo anymore. It’s a derogatory term. It’s offends people who are child addicted. You’re gonna have people going to the doctor who are child addicted. “Oh, you poor thing. How do you feel?” “I think I want fiddle a kid.” “Don’t worry, sit down, we’ll get you into a facility.” … “We’ll start you on dwarves. … It might work.” …

tinman and snowconeman22 like this.