1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall for Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 26, 2022.

?

Would you trade John Wall and the Brooklyn pick for KD?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2022.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See, I wouldn't do that with Embiid's injury history nor would I do the 3 for Durant......but the 17, and a future pick...yup....I don't think we will be picking them we will be trading them.....our core is here after the number 3 pick.

DD

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a stupid suggestion……. No way Durant wants to go to a rebuilding team.

raining threes and King1 like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Can't be serious.

wlekfjv923n and raining threes like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And LOL at the people saying "stay the course"...

This thread is going to be good for a lot of laughs...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Can’t even get the trash corpse of westbrick, but KD is an option!!

raining threes and Reeko like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

this troll thread is a huge joke, but I guess this is what people do for attention these days

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't see BKN doing that for just one pick, they'd want a lot of their picks back, they are not trading Durant just to rebuild with only one of their picks back.

They will want all of their picks back and Sengun even which depending on who you draft becomes expendable if you get Durant anyway.

Now, consider the right price, consider that Durant would be 100% in to playing here (which I doubt, but for the sake of this scenario) maybe you do it if you want to compete ASAP. Durant is not a bad vet, in fact, he's the very opposite. We will contend for homecourt RIGHT away and Green, Sengun, Paolo (whoever) will all improve with him being around.

So let me argue for this for the fun of it...I don't think it's that crazy of an idea of adding a Durant like talent to the team even at his older age, especially considering the picks we owe OKC and that pretty much our tanking days are done with thanks to that past 2023...so we do need to be competitive by this point, eventually we will have to make a big splash move. KD solves that and yeah, he's 34, that's fine, he'll pass the baton to Green who would have hopefully learned a crap ton from an all-time great player. Durant is a complete team guy, he's proven this time and time again, he'd instantly be into seeing guys like Jalen and (Paolo) succeed, he'd be their biggest cheerleaders and defenders.

But again, the price would be A LOT higher than just one of their picks, they'd ask for all of them back or nearly all. With that change it is a huge gamble because what if Durant is done for? You've essentially done the Westbrook trade again...but I could see a scenario where it works out. Where Durant has a CP3 like impact on the team, makes us a top West team ASAP and helps Jalen and the young guys all play better and hopefully win something out of it then retire.

But the trade as you suggested is something BKN wouldn't even consider. They'd want all of their picks back or they might even ask for some of their picks + our current 3rd pick. The price of Durant, especially with his current contract, is not going to be that cheap.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve seen all 3 proposals in this thread and I like the lineup.

KPJ
    Green
    Durant
    Giannis
    Embid

Giving Bucks pick back, Nets pick back, and #3 pick to the sixers.

you ppl crazy

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this title a figured it was sarcasm, oh well guess I was wrong there. No way KD wants to be here come on DD you know that 1st of all plus if they trade KD they aren't taking Wall even in a 3 way.

Let the young guys figure it out.

raining threes likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

All the time you wasted on that post is gone forever.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

I would do the trade for a few picks but not all and then flip Durant IMMEDIATELY for some much better assets.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Won’t happen

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You type 20 words per minute or something?

15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Lol are you really posting this because clutch reposted this trade idea on Twitter as a joke and you thought it was serious

This is just sad

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I didn't see Twitter - but I thought it might be interesting, would we trade all our Brooklyn options back for KD?????

Or just one, or a few etc...

DD

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Durant owed mega monies till 2026. Reaching close to 50m a year. He aint winning much for them and will probably just milk contract, and nets will hand over the #13 pick every year or worst for awile. Kyrie is probably retiring, or doing the same.

2023/24 $47,649,433
    2024/25 $51,179,020
    2025/26 $54,708,608

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y would we bail out Brooklyn?

Kd isn't gonna b making us contender status. Waste of time.

Double d acting like this is 2k where we can dump our garbage players for all stars

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not saying your idea is remotely possible, for a myriad of reasons you can likely come up with yourself, but this is one post I can get behind one hundred percent.

No Kyrie, no how!

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Bring the Flat Earther to NASA town!