1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Care About The Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What barriers would make it harder for drugs coming in from Mexico?

JayGoogle and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@ROXRAN

you are posting some truly hateful **** . As if it’s not a persons choice to consume fentanyl... it’s all bad Mexico and bad criminals fault .

could the border be controlled better . Could Mexico be considered a narco state , sure . What impact do you think the US has had making it such .

we could just as easily decriminalize some drugs here and get domestic production going, take the cartel’s finances out from underneath them

as for you caring about children , well maybe . But I also have to say (and this applies to most people here a good percentage of the time ) y’all seem more invested in winning arguments and controlling the narrative .

I saw post from @Salvy too scapegoating immigrants .

I come to clutchfans because I get a good mix of “liberal” and “conservative” , but that **** was classless.

I tend to agree with @jiggyfly on the Manchin thing (I’m prolly responding to 2-3 threads here )

I also am kinda resigned that you can’t do too much to stop a lone wolf , especially without trampling on freedoms .

who was the last mass shooter that wasn’t a US citizen and what’s the ratio over the last decade ?

you’re “roxran” making this about the border because of statistics. Well , if you wanna go that approach maybe we should do something about the number of fatasses in this country who die of heart attacks and push medical costs up for the rest of us .

im down to lockdown the border if we also limit coke to once a week and shut down half of the fast food restaurants

JayGoogle, AleksandarN and jiggyfly like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If people can't buy AR-15s they'll buy something else was my point.

Your example isn't ironic. Tigger locks don't hurt gun sale they are egregious to gun nuts.

You proved my point. The NRA has a hold on Republicans by digging into people's feelings about rights. The NRA doesn't hold finances over Republicans, it's a movement

You don't understand bro

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I never scapegotaed immigrants, if you want to mention me then quote where I did.

I said we have criminals crossing the border, I did not say immigrants are criminals....

As I stated, Im salvadorian.... You think MS13 gang members arent crossing freely into this country? Or Mexican cartels?

Yup, very typical.... Take one thing out of context and play the racism card....

To someone who actually is a minority with at one point immigrant parents.... Well done...

Tomstro likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea it appeared he kind of just lumped up what was actually said as something else for everyone. I think he took it as an attack on all Mexicans which was not my intention. I’m half Central American, last thing I want to do is ostracize Hispanics which I have personal connections to with family but the border lack of control is a undeniable issue that affects innocents, it’s the bad people you mentioned plus the drugs …this is undeniable, and innocent lives unfortunately do pay.

#245 ROXRAN, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
    Salvy likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah there's so many logical fallacies and contradictions to what you are saying, it's impossible to debate you.

You can't' do a drive by shooting with a pistol and the idea that if there were AR-15's they shoot people up en masse with a six shooter is ludicrous.

To argue the NRA doesn't represent the interests of the gun industry is just ridiculous.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

lol even MS13's "drug dealers, criminals, and rapists" doesn't have the balls to shoot little American kids.

Gun toting, overcompensating micro nutters otoh...

MS13 >>>>> Gun loving, illiterate Constitution holdin, hillbillies who are ok with little school kids getting shot with assault rifles

#247 Invisible Fan, May 26, 2022
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

https://www.nrafoundation.org/about-us/

The heart of The NRA Foundation’s mission is preserving the core of our American values and traditions in our steadfast effort to Teach Freedom.

Is the above mission statement about gun manufactures. Both sides talk past each h other. You're a perfect example of think you know everything and don't know ish about what you're talking about . It's not a chamber of commerce.

If you listen to conservatives on this board or whom you know personally and if you don't agree it doesn't matter, they associates freedom with guns

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't need to read the NRA's mission statement to know they are a pawn of the gun industry lol

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The gun industry didn't ruin Smith and Wsson. Gun buyers did. Their demise was an advantage forthe other manufacturers. That's a ground roots movement ruining a company

Edut: more than an advantage for other manufacturers it was a warning

#250 pgabriel, May 26, 2022
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

In the end it doesn't matter. People are passionate about issues like guns and abortion but instead of suspecting hidden intentions like profits or controlling women just listen to wtf they're actually saying

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It was the gun industry that ruined Smith and Wesson! It wasn't consumers who pushed back, it was the gun industry creating a campaign to influence consumers and create fear in them.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What people say and what they do are two entirely different things. I know this because a big chunk of my career was helping companies understand how to predict the later from the former.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe they should be able to buy tanks too

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is really ignorant and stupid on your part, you prefer one of the most brutal and dangerous gangs in the world over dumb ass kids with mental health problems.... Yeah, MS13 does not walk into a school and shoot little kids.... They only kidnap their parents first, torture them while they watch and dismember them slowly on camera before killing the children on video to set an example for other rival gangs.

Try taking a stroll or living half the life you live here in El Salvador... You won't, because you are a coward.... You have no idea what life is like in that country. There are bigger problems than the bs gun control you keep pushing over here.

You blame guns simply because they exist, because they were there for the kid to grab and use. You then remove every other factor because it goes against your political views. You don't take into account mental health, bullying, parenting, poverty, education, social media, internet.... You don't take anything into account other than your enemy.. Your enemy are guns.... Not the criminals who use them. You only see one thing and you go straight for it.

How many shootings were there before Columbine? Guns have existed in this country for a very long time, violence and shootings have happened as early as the 1800's but never like we have seen since Columbine... So what happened? Maybe we don't have a gun problem, maybe somewhere down the line its a combination of things for the youth... Gun's that are readily available do not help but lets pretend its just a gun problem. Its not...

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you think people who don't want to ban assault weapons want trigger locks. You think second amendment fanatics are down with trigger locks?

Edit:Of course manufacturers are pro NRA. Wtf does that prove?

Edit: of course manufacturers are pro NRA. Wtf does

#256 pgabriel, May 26, 2022
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro I hope reading these posts I'm clearly arguing about someone's POV. I didn't start this thread to push gun rights

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The NRA isn't a company. It's members aren't companies. Good lord don't justify your condescending arrogant ASSumptions about people you don't know. I have to deal with that ish and it says a lot about your character

Liberals who think pro life is about controlling women and not preserving what they believe to be a life are just ass holes. Especially the Christian pro choices who think this who serve the same God that tells them the same thing

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Drive by shootings are done with pistols all the time.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Companies, organizations, whatever - they all have similar goals when it comes to their marketing needs. You're trying to win an argument now on something you don't have an understanding of.