1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly. Tate and Wood plus a future pick.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

His positive trade value is a late FRP. If we were offered more he would already be gone. We were last in defense in the nba largely because of Wood. Maybe desperate was the wrong word, but he is definitely on the trade block and has to be combined with something just to move up a few spots in the draft. We have no shot at #7 with just Gordon, Wood and #17. We might have a chance at 13.

4. Landry's Tooth

Depends on the team. Someone like Utah who can pair him with Gobert might like him more...

Teams have different needs and so players will have different values to them. I wouldn't be shocked if half the league agrees with you.

But if 3 teams out of 30 want his floor spacing without sacrificing size and have the rim protection to cover up his flaws then you get a bidding war.

He would do well in Utah, Atlanta, Denver, Philly, Detroit, Knicks, etc. where they have guys who protect the rim...

Corrosion likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

BigMaloe, cmoak1982, sirjesse and 2 others like this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lol. Great deals for us but not happening. I assume that DET would be happy to give up Grant for #7 no?

D-rock and King1 like this.
  7. marinara

marinara Member

Would rather keep Tate if didn’t need him to get it done, rather trade Gordon. Doubt we’ll trade all 3 as we will need some sort of experience for the rookies/sophomores.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But a Wood and Tate deal is better.

cmoak1982 and theDude like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

those Blazers proposals are comforting considering we’ve been proposing those exact same trade scenarios in the random trades thread for a while. I’m telling you guys, as someone who lives in Portland and is forced to watch more Blazers basketball than I care to, these are realistic deals. This is not a situation where you have to turn chicken sh#t into chicken salad. If Stone can’t make a deal this offseason i really don’t know what to say.

And I’m pretty sure the Blaze would prefer to get players over picks so the Tate proposal may be more attractive to them than throwing in #17. The guy they get there is not gonna play. They are all in on winning a championship over the next 2 yrs. That’s their perceived window.

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes bidding war for shitty picks, other than knicks

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

In a vacuum that works but we will get outbid.

Aruba77 likes this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I do not personally believe Wood/Tate to have nearly the sams value as Jerami Grant.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

#3, #17, Bucks pick and KMJ for #2 and #12.

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would say Christian Wood is generally considered to be better than Jerami Grant.

coachbadlee and D-rock like this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Exactly. At last someone with reason.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Lol

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

better at what?

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wouldn't it be Wood plus #17 or Wood and Tate.

And are we assuming Detroit would trade Grant straight up for #7, or are they looking for an additional pick?
    If I'm Detroit, I probably want another first for Grant (however well protected it might end up being)

19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want Wood gone, but I think a lot of people around the league think that he is a valuable player. And digging through the stats, I would give Wood a slight edge. And he's two years younger.

And this article on the 50 best current NBA players seems to agree. Spoiler: Wood is on the list and Grant is not.

Let me reiterate that I am all for trading Wood. I think he is a bad fit for this team and I want some fresh blood. I just think that people are selling his value short and are giving up a little too much in these proposed trades.

Corrosion, D-rock and Landry's Tooth like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

really then trade Wood for grant! Maybe you were just being funny