1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could any 18-year-old center that ever lived have fixed last year's defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, May 26, 2022.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I just can;t understand you young guys and your love for Alperen ! He is a very much an amateur with several seasons to go before he is a worthy
    player for the NBA. Y.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I have watched every Rockets Game! Sengun i needs a lot of coaching and practice! Y

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s complicated as hell to try and build a championship from scratch. There are several potential ways you can.

I would say that though you have to look at the Nets picks very hard and what do you really want to do with them after this next season. I suppose it depends on how the recently drafted players play this next season.

For example:
    Wood/Tate and #17 for a good pick next year
    Bucks pick rockets own pick
    Trade all of Nets assets

Even if the rockets do find themselves automatically in the top 4 next draft you should be able to have a top 5ish pick and top 10ish to add to Green & Jabari/Paolo and Sengun

Then following the next season going into Green’s 4th season you could sign a good FA guys are going to want to play for this team at that point.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What's his weird political personality?

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i wouldnt WANT to trade Sengun - but i aint walking away from the right offer... whatever that may be...

jiggyfly and raining threes like this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I typically disagree with almost everything you say but I will concur. I saw a good Defensive player before hus (ankle?) injury. After that he was so-so.

7. marinara

marinara Member

Sengun and JC should be here at least for their rookie contracts unless it’s a trade for a proven player who is at all star level with our pieces obviously.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sorry that was meant to concur with BTG.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Offensively I think he's solid .... its the defensive end where I feel like he's lacking the size, length and athleticism to play the 5 spot.

What I see is a hi/lo post 4 who can distribute and get his too - all he needs to do is develop a 3 ball to be a complete offensive player.

But the defense ....

D-rock likes this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Of course. No player is absolutely “untouchable.” If the Mavs offered Luka for Green, I’d take it. But both Green and Sengun are essentially “untouchable” in the sense that I seriously doubt any team would offer a package I, personally, would accept.

kjayp likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've never seen an 18 year old where that wasn't the case.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's not exactly weird (for this country) but it's definitely different from most NBA players. Having different opinions normally isn't much of an issue but Isaac is a bit like Kyrie in that he leans into it publically and is very vocal. Maybe not a problem in our locker room, maybe it would be, depends on the players. Chemistry is important and it is something I'd think about when moving significant assets.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1345644/jonathan-isaac-talks-coronavirus-vaccine-nba/

D-rock, AroundTheWorld and King1 like this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

His injury history scares me more than whatever political or social beliefs he has off the court.

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Right those are the 2 issues I mentioned. You would think political or social beliefs shouldn't be a big deal but I can't help but imagine key players on some teams would give a "nope" to the FO when asking about bringing him in. Jalen Green seems laid back, but if we had someone like Jalen Brown? I could see some serious clashing that could affect team chemistry.

Clearly, Tilly would love Isaac, but KPJ might slap Isaac in the face with a hot dog at any given halftime.

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  15. steddinotayto

I’ll tell you what deal I would take for Sengun

Sengun, #17, Milwaukee’s 1st, a 2nd rounder

for

OKC’s 2nd and 12

You secure 2/3 of the top 3 bigs and use #12 to either take Williams to play the 5 or use it on Eason.

Bobbythegreat and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. steddinotayto

Jaylen Brown is not in the same realm as Isaac in terms of off court distractions.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not saying that, I'm saying Jalen Brown is someone who clearly deeply cares about his political and social beliefs, and if Isaac came into that locker room it might become a me or him got-to-go scenario rather soon for the Celtics.

jiggyfly and steddinotayto like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sengun was the MVP of a very well respected European professional league at age 18, which is hardly news around here. He's been through his rookie season in the NBA and considering how weirdly, in my opinion, his time on the court was handled, including who he was often playing with, I think he did very well. I'm a huge fan of the guy and was thrilled when Stone dealt for him.

In other words, Alperen Sengun is hardly an "amateur." That might describe your post, however, with all due respect. Perhaps you were kidding? By the way, I'm hardly a "young guy," although I'd like to be a heck of a lot younger!

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Thanks. Had never heard about that before

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

[​IMG] Maybe this guy?