1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you feel different about

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, May 23, 2022.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. NBA: They all look like kids and some of the rookies are young enough to be my kids.
    2. Rockets: Tillman ruined the team.
    3. Junk food: It does not sit well with my stomach.
    4. Watching News: Too much drama and not enough information. I don’t need to be told how to feel, just what is happening.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

5. Technology: used be super excited about new phones, processors, etc. now wish we could go back to landlines and no widespread personal computers.
    6. Social media: Enjoyed using FB until 2015, now waste of time and huge detriment to society.
    7. Streaming services: used to be cheaper and better than cable now worse than cable and going up in cost.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Onions

Didn't care for them when I was younger. Now, they're the greatest vegetable ever created. Onions make everything better!

VooDooPope and Xerobull like this.
  5. Xerobull

[​IMG]

Nook and Squirtle like this.
  6. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

He went off his rocker and ended up in jail I think

#86 Slyonebluejay, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
    ROCKSS likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nature vs nurture.

Ubiquitin and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Do you have one tied to your belt?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

He is serving three life sentences in prison.

He was offered a 12 year sentence and would have been out in 6 years.... he turned it down and now has been in prison for over 30 years.

ROCKSS and Slyonebluejay like this.
  10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Some commonalities here. Lime La Croix is my go-to drink while working even though I used to hate sparkling water. I also ditched basketball for football... but you probably mean American Football, I mean European. And anyone on this board who talks about videogames knows I'm still way into those!

Interesting. I fell off the NBA for several different reasons... 1) 2002 WCF and Tim Donaghy scandals eroded my confidence in the league's fairness, 2) too much shift from a physical game to a touch-foul game over the years, 3) the 3-point line. The 3-point line is actually the worst part. It's too strong of an option now, to the point where constantly jacking threes is the best way to win. It makes the game boring, to watch people shoot long jumpers all day. Hakeem-esque post-up centers are mostly dead, and that was the best part for me.

Other unrelated stuff off the top of my head:
    *I used to love chow mein with soy sauce... I mostly loathe soy sauce now. It just tastes like eating a mouthful of salt.
    *I used to like being sarcastic all the time, but I mostly stopped because I found it was too often misinterpreted as being mean.
    *Politics... was raised Republican/conservative, went the other way several years after graduating college. Which is ironic considering college is supposedly when people get more liberal, plus I went from living in a super-liberal state in my youth to a conservative one now. I think it was the especially prevalent racism and segregation in my current city that kinda triggered me (nothing that was targeted at me though, seeing as I'm a white guy, just stuff I witnessed).

ROXRAN, Ubiquitin and Squirtle like this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Interesting stuff in here, yall keep it up.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Are you collecting evidence to use against us at the trial? If so, I retract my onion statement.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

You’re French onion soup my friend.

Buck Turgidson and boomboom like this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Texans - I used to spend all of my time defending them here. Now, I just don't care anymore. Last year was the first year of my life that I didn't watch a single Texans (or previously Oilers) game the entire season. This season will probably be the second.

NBA - I'm glad to see everyone hating on the NBA. I thought it was just me. It's totally unwatchable. Just a 3-point shooting contest now. There are no more Centers or Power Forwards. Every team has the same boring offense - pass the ball around the key until you find the open man so he can miss a 3-pointer. Rinse, lather, repeat. Also, all arenas and overall game presentations now look exactly alike. No character at all. Nothing unique about any of them.

Drums - I'm getting burned out playing the drums. It's murder on my body. Been teaching myself the bass and really enjoying it more than the drums.

Protestors - I used to think they were all annoying, but now I think they're the most important part of our entire democracy - even if I don't agree with what they're protesting.

ArtV, Squirtle and Xerobull like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Texans - I used to spend all of my time defending them here. Now, I just don't care anymore.

Squirtle and Xerobull like this.
  16. Xerobull

Interesting how many people see the Texans football team is sort of a second, unwanted kid after the Oilers left and have sort of given up on them since it’s such a poorly run football franchise. I feel the same way. I’ll root for them but meh.

Squirtle likes this.
  17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I understand these feelings but I think they made a course correction with Lovie, Caserio, the upside of Mills and a smart draft this year but of course we shall see

david_rocket, cmoak1982 and Squirtle like this.
  18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Ouch - I just got dinged on 4 traits - 2 of which I can't do anything about and the other 2 I'm not changing. (I'm cheap, but also a good tipper and I get joy by throwing over the top cash at hard workers out of the blue - it's fun folks - try it).

Squirtle likes this.
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Disappointed how many of you felt this was the time to talk about your politics.

Wrong ****ing forum.

20. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lol. Just, lol.

Ziggy likes this.