1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Beast (Idris Elba)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 26, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Some of that trailer really pops. But that might be the whole movie in the trailer. People are gonna think Cujo with a Cat.

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  3. Xerobull

I agree, the trailer was a bit long and 'synopsis' and I was thinking Jaws with a cat. But it's been 39 years since Cujo so it's fair to make a pseudo-remake.

Will watch, probably streaming. Date nights are still pretty few and far between with young kids in the house.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Looks like it could be good! but I'm also a huge fan of Idris... So I'll probably watch it regardless, haha

DreamShook and Xerobull like this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

39 years... ****

Xerobull likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Idris' career is pretty extraordinary.

The guy's been on Law & Order
    Played Stringer on The Wire
    Decided "why not?" and did a small story arc on The Office
    Been in a LOT of comic book movies via small roles in the Thor movies, the Ghost Rider movies, Gunn's Suicide Squad, etc.
    Did voice over work for Finding Nemo and Finding Dory
    Played a bad guy in a Star Trek movie and also in the Fast and Furious spin-off

This guy should have taken over as Bond if Daniel Craig wasn't being a diva but he decided to zig and said "I'm doing EVERYTHING"

DreamShook, CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

I like the trend of 'modern' actors not being too good to do whatever, like The Rock. Television has just as much if not more production value than movies over the past ten years, so why not? Also, their Q-Score goes up the more visible they are so they get more of that endorsement cheddar!

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Same. I enjoy The Rock's movies. I think it's inevitable that we see actors and actresses work all forms of media now because you can't be choosey and survive. Hell I never thought I would see:

Critically acclaimed actress Charlize Theron in the Fast and Furious world AND an MCU movie. Granted she started out in smaller roles but the career arc is definitely different nowadays.

CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I really wish he could have been Bond, he's basically one of my favorite actors. I need to check out that old law and order run of a few episodes, there was a period on/off where I wasnt watching law and order back then, but his acting in The Wire is what set the trend for me to be a huge fan. I really enjoyed Luther too. I think the only one I didn't see on your list was the F&F one but I'm sure it was good for action/fx etc. I also like the Rock too

I also know if he was the new Bond, my wife might actually go to the movie with me, haha, she doesn't like Craig for some reason... But Idris, she likes a ton

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. Xerobull

I'm down with Elba being bond. As for him being too old: Black don't crack and look at Roger Moore's old ass back in the day. I think they've established that James Bond is just a mantle, not an actual person.

Or why not just another secret agent in the Bond universe?

DreamShook, cmoak1982 and CCity Zero like this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh for sure, Idris could definitely be Bond, and that's a great point on Roger Moore, lol

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I thought Ghost and the Darkness with kids, but that's just me.

cmoak1982 and Xerobull like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I always felt Idris was one casting away from the perfect role. he just keeps missing his chance to be a Will Smith/Tom Cruise celebrity. He's too old now.

Idris should have been Black Panther, but was too early and was cast in Thor to be a bell man.

I think people wanted him to be John Stewart in Green Lantern too

Now he's too old for Bond.

Great career, but I think he has been unlucky.

steddinotayto likes this.
  15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Looks more like a Disney version of The Ghost and The Darkness.