1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Care About The Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The conquistadors of spain came and gave all the aztecs disease and they all died
    do they count?

3. Homey the Clown

I was extremely being kind with that word.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Don't flatter yourself. I didnt say you in particular. You asked what it meant I answered. You're talking about me. When I post these opiions I have formed my own opinion. I didn't post for anyone in particular. The inner city is dysfunctional. The government can't fix it. That's my life experience.

You are the one insulted even though I'm obviously not talking about someone like you. Pointing out dysfunction is the first step. The federal government has done all it can to correct this country's mistreatment of blacks.

So where does the issue now lay. It's in our laps.

#224 pgabriel, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You are a special kind of idiot if you think the government has nothing to do with dysfunction in the inner city. Who do you think organizes zoning and tax laws that segment different classes and demographics?? Put the poorest of the poor people in one area with limited resources. East Houston is the perfect example where they literally planned to drain the ground water from targeted areas specifically without any regards to the fact that it would make the land sink and flood anytime it rained. The government has everything to do with inner city dysfunction.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Sinking ground is the reason young Black males kill each other? Houston is known for zoning? It's known for zoning or lack thereof but I'm sure there is a dysfunction problem you can lack of zoning for

7. dobro1229

Indirectly it could be. Anyone from Houston knows about the history the city has with its East side and flooding in some of the poorest neighborhoods. The city was in charge of the ground water that was pulled from that area that led to destroying generational wealth of an immigrant and minority area.

Look up the history of Houston’s 5th ward for a lesson on city planning failing ethnic minorities and immigrants. Nowadays it’s different down there but us legacy Houstonians understand well that the government has a lot to do with creating a bees nest for minorities that leads to crime and violence.

The Southside of Chicago is the modern grand daddy of a failure of government planning.

But none of this has ANYTHING to do with mass school shootings like what happened yesterday. This isn’t a territorial gang war. This isn’t the mob or gang violence. This is terrorism that one political party in America refuses to do anything about because they benefit from it. It’s senseless violence meant to strike fear and cause pain for the sake of it.

And we could do something about it today but we do nothing for the sole purpose of profits for gun manufactures and a political party who wants a fearful public because it creates a climate for autocracy to be manifested faster. A simple background check and “cooling” wait period along with banning high capacity mags and military style ammo and upgrades won’t stop every death but it could save some lives at least. Maybe half of those children are still alive today. Hell… maybe if the cops weren’t so out gunned maybe he’d never have made it in the building.

To me… it’s worth the small price to pay even for a sliver of a chance at saving an innocent child’s life like my daughters or a teachers life like my wife.

This is apples and orangoutangs. Not even the same ball park of issues. You going to “but black on black crime…” just shows you just either aren’t very smart or are a very insincere person…. Or both.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If only the liberal manics cared about border control as much as gun control…since 1999, let’s say 200 have died in school shootings but compared to fentanyl from Mexico ….estimates put the death numbers at minimum of 250,000 and upwards easily

Imagine if we built the wall and made it less easy …we need reasonable border control then we can talk about gun control after that. I’m all about preventing deaths and tragedies but let’s prioritize based on numerical threats. I think this is quite reasonable and sensible from a quantitative measure.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not a gun nut. I'm a I want black men to live full lives nut

Gun laws aren't an inner city problem because those guns aren't legal. The killers are kids really too young to buy guns legally.

We can't change the past inner city problems aren't about wealth, they're about a lack of direction and ignorance. The government can invest in education but it's not lack of help from homes, it's a fight against what's learned in homes

10. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

You're comparing little children who were in a school to addicts who CHOOSE to partake in illegal drugs.

WTF.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are getting really desperate. Drugs are a problem but a completely different problem with completely different solutions.

Also...

LOL at thinking a border wall stops the drug trade. Smuggling is an entire industry my man.

deb4rockets and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Wait a sec you think it’s only non children that are only affected? Yea WTF back to you with all due respect- it’s about saving lives

is the goal to save lives?

https://www.fox6now.com/news/milwaukee-mother-sons-death-probable-fentanyl-exposure.amp

I want to use the same argument liberal manics use about gun control because some of what is said has actual validity such as let’s do everything we can do to keep guns out of bad people hands because if it is harder to obtain a gun it may save a life … well conversely let’s do everything we can to save a life by keeping the border out of bad guys hands …if we make it harder, put more barriers and stop encouraging open borders then we make it harder and we do save lives

Let’s save life’s and put the priority behind the greatest threat. I care about your children after all

#232 ROXRAN, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  13. dobro1229

Again it’s apples and oranges. Inner city violence and terrorist mass shootings are different animals completely so your whole OP is pointless. It’s like saying I don’t care about SpaceX because I care about curing cancer.

If you took away all the guns and left the poverty and struggle for a way to make a living you’d still have issues. The Mob found many ways of committing violence and gangs are just as capable. But gangs aren’t going into schools and mowing down toddlers just because of it. That’s when things like access to high capacity magazines matter.

So it’s just obviously different and you don’t solve a medical issue like you’d solve a home construction issue. You can care equally about both man.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What you don't know is the gun manufactures still profit from illegal sales. You can buy a gun illegally but you are ultimately getting it from a licensed dealer who is selling them illegally. They can do that because the state grants them immunity and the penalty is very slight, and it's difficult to trace an illegal gun sale back to a dealer. This is by design.

The gun industry wants lots of guns in the hood. That's more profit for them.

You have to understand how the system works, including the illegal part of it and how it ties to an industry.

15. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

10000% lol. This describes @pgabriel to a tee.

Reeko likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Educated negroes who think being honest about broken homes is self loathing are self loathing. You're worried about how you look to white people by being honest about ghetto stupidity.

Black problems will never be solved until our leaders stop worrying about dumb **** like if we talk about the criminal element they will think we are all criminals. That doesn't help anyone especially the people in the cycle of poverty.

#236 pgabriel, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Aside the ineptitude of talking about gun profits in reference to ghetto dysfunction, you don't understand how the system works if you think gun control is gonna affect gun manufacturer's profits significantly

The NRA fights gun control, Smith And Wesson not so much

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I am more bothered by kids being shot. Both issues are the same Iin terms of he shooters imo. I'm not worried about White Supremacy. I m not against fighting it but it's not a pressing issue

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's really ironic you say this. Let me give you some knowledge.

Smith & Wesson once tried to put trigger locks that made it only possible for the gun owner to fire the gun in exchange for immunity to lawsuits with democratic AGs. The gun industry got really upset, the NRA orchestrated a boycott and forced Smith and Wesson out of business.

Why was the gun industry upset by this? Because of the danger it could become defacto and thus cost them tons of sales - which depends on the illegal transfer of guns from one person to another.

Newlin likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well . . . sort of.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/what-is-smart-gun-technology