1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Marvel Movie] Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 12, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uh no. Comics are woke, man. They have always been "woke". X-men is literally about the civil rights movement. However Disney is laying it on a little thick all of sudden, I will agree.

I just haven't liked these movies that much. Even Spiderman No way Home I thought was just fine if you take out all the fan stuff.

Invisible Fan and Ziggy like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Boys and I are seeing a late show with D Box seats. I’ve avoided spoilers though I’m not sure it matters.

Xerobull likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

what is your excitement level for this one going in blind? what are you hoping to see? Just curious.

4. mikol13

Supporting Member

Honestly, I’m only looking to be entertained. I’m not looking for the Marvel formula or for it to be tied into something else. I’m just hoping for a little fun.

Everything has changed since Endgame, so, no expectations right now.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I just saw it and I’d give it a solid B. America Chavez wasn’t as bad as I thought she would be but her character amounts to a potentially wildly overpowered gimmick. Her backstory is very forgettable and I can’t say I really care to learn anything more about her.

The ending was solid and I’m not going to nitpick too much with powers and scaling etc. I hope Marvel at least continues this route for the movies. Going a bit darker and dramatic rather than the random joke to lighten the mood.

There was something with this film that I couldn’t pinpoint but I felt more attachment/involvement in the first Dr Strange but not as much with this one. I don’t know exactly what it was. Maybe someone else can point it out for me

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

God damn, I really really liked this movie. Just watched it today. I loved it, really. Better than No Way Home. It was very Raimi-ish, and I ate that **** up. Going in, I really wanted a lot of Wanda - and I wanted a Bad Wanda. I got what I wanted.

I'm thinking about asking Elizabeth Olsen to marry me. She just grabs my attention like no one else right now.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is pretty close to how I felt too for some reason.

Slyonebluejay, Xerobull and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. mikol13

Supporting Member

We loved it. I kept looking over at my sons and saying man this is great.

Were there some things to nitpick? Sure. Still, I wanted to be entertained and I was.

Slyonebluejay and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

One pro was that Christine actually did something, however hackneyed they shoehorned her character in to working for the Illuminati, then they closed the door on her character, thank-****ing-god. I really don't need a Gray's Anatomy subplot. Bleh.

Slyonebluejay and Jontro like this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pretty crazy stuff here:

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I did an amazing job avoiding spoilers, but too well, bc I stuck around to watch that pointless after credit scene.
    Enjoyable movie.

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

caught it late. strange docter is my favorite marvel hero, and can prolly rewatch this multiple times with the same excitement, much like the first.

disappointed there were only 2 woke scenes: american mothers and captain carter and marvel lasting longer than their useless male counterparts. also, anyone else laughed at what happened to professor gender x?

also i need to know what special powers the third eye gives you, cus it apparently didn’t do jek schitte for evil strange.

lastly, secksy wanda needs to don the real bikini scarlet witch suit.

14. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

This and Captain Marvel needs to wear the original outfit from the comics in the Marvels movie upcoming. It might make the Carol Danvers character a little more likable lol

Jontro likes this.
  15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Streaming on Disney+ on June 22

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mikol13, Xerobull and Ziggy like this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

FYI - There was a deleted opening scene where 616 Mordo tries to hunt Scarlet Witch per his vigilante arc from the first Doctor Strange and she straight up decapitates him.

Cut for rating purposes and to hide the SW as the villian arc.

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I heard that too. That's cool. I think they could have had her take him out some other way. Hiding her villain arc isn't convincing because her villaining ways were revealed within 5 minutes of her being on-screen.

I was wondering if they took out the scene because they might want to use him in a later Strange movie. Ejiofor is a great actor. (Serenity 4 da win.)

Slyonebluejay and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

finally watched this movie this past weekend…Idk why it took me so long to get around to it since Dr. Strange is my favorite character, and I like his skillset the most

this movie gets a 9/10 for me, I loved it

I was a little surprised at some of the deaths they showed…I wasn’t expecting that from Marvel

Scarlet Witch fcked the Illuminati up, gawd damn…they were acting so smug before they faced her too

I had no clue who Black Bolt was before this movie, and sheesh…she turned his brains into oatmeal

Reed Richards too…he got turned into spaghetti…my man became a pasta dish

the lengths that Wanda is willing to go not just here, but in Wandavision too, is crazy

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Black Bolt is in this?

They really should have added the Inhumans into this phase 4, they should have spent that money for Eternals and did an Inhumans movie, Black Bolt was always a favorite of mine.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

How are they gonna redeem Wanda after she’s done all this?

I thought Captain Marvel was supposed to be OP, yet she got killed low difficulty