1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors break up, Rockets regression, next decade is Celtics as champs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fish36floor, Sep 26, 2018.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Boston can keep their Core intact
    they will have a dynasty. Their problem is they have the same issues as the Warriors.

Kyrie is up for a Max extension this summer.
    Horford has a player option this summer.
    Rozier is up for an extension this summer.
    Jaylen Brown is up for extension in 2020
    Tatum is up in 2021.

They could potentially lose a key piece each summer for the next three years. I see no way they can keep all these players.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Even though OP isn't around anymore or he could be actually under an alternate, The way this has aged pretty interesting

Since then Tatum/Brown have turned into stars, tatum becoming one of the elites And horford just made his way back with both formers being much better. And they're now true contenders with a real shot at going to the nba finals

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Man just watch Tatum. Length matters so much. Miami is long too. We need to focus on length and versatility. Defense of course being critical. But damn, we need length.

BHannes2BHonest and roslolian like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

red5rocket, kpdark and Aruba77 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can see Celtics win 1 or 2 championships depending on their opponents but this thread was premature ejaculation.

I doubt the Celtics have a dynasty.

roslolian and saleem like this.
  6. mightybosstone

Why do you keep bumping posts about the Celtics in the GARM? Isn't there a place for general NBA discussion on other teams?

Also, OP was only partially right. The same Warriors team that was supposed to break up is about to be in the Finals with the Celtics.

I agree with your overall point, but it's twice now you've bumped old Celtics posts and it just strikes me as odd.

DreamShook and roslolian like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bumps can happen anywhere on this board. Discussions take place whether it’s dish garm college wherever. There’s no rule that says threads can’t get bumped just bc they’re in the garm

Lets not act like threads stay in topic where they’re supposed now. It hasn’t been that way for a long time

8. mightybosstone

I'm aware. But if you want to talk about length and defensive versatility as a goal for the roster moving forward and use the Celtics as an example, you can do it without bumping old threads, especially garbage threads like this one.

You do you, man. Maybe it's just personal preference, but it feels like you could have started a thread or posted in one of the many other threads about the draft with the same point.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's funny because Boston wouldn't be in this position without Brooklyn's help almost a decade ago. Jaylen Brown? Via Nets' pick. Jayson Tatum? Via Nets' pick.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

who said i wanted to talk about length and defensive versatility as a goal.

I also don't need to start a thread for the very reason this thread was bumped. my bump wasn't even about the draft to begin with. The forum is littered with threads (a lot of dumb ones) that don't need another one to be recreated