1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is disgusting!!!!! Far too many kids die by accidently shooting themselves or their siblings with their parents' gun. That mentality is horrid. The only ones that need semi-automatic weapons should be military or swat teams, not gang bangers, drug dealers, domestic terrorists, people in hate groups, people with anger issues and violent behavior tendencies, or sickos who like shooting multiple rounds into someone.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Is it semiautomatic that is the issue?
    So revolver, lever action, bolt action and pump action type weapons are fine?

That eliminates most handguns and quite a few rifles.

Genuinely asking. I’m not sure what the answer is, I do know banning guns universally is probably not going to happen.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Was pretty easy for me. Walked out with an AR15 and pistol in 30mins. Only took that long because the guys computer at the counter was giving him trouble. I said it before but I see no reason why I should be able to own an AR15 or get one so easily. I barely knew how to use it and because I pass a simply background check I can walk out with one.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You criticize the Dems what has the republicans done to stop this from happening? Tell me what has Abbott done? What has any republicans done? You shoot your mouth off about Dems making this an issue. IT is an issue. The US leads all other countries when comes to mass shootings. What agenda has the Republicans pushed to stop this?

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

You just had to pass a simple background test, in and out in 30 min with an AR? Congrats on being a stand up citizen with no criminal record...

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Glad you brought up cars. Lets have all gun owners required to have a license that they have to pass. Require people to register their guns. Require that they have to have training in order to have a license. Require them to have liability insurance. Shall I go on?

7. marky :)

Missing the point of how easy it was and it is to own one. It should not be that simple and quick to buy one.

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Because its not just as simple as guns exist so that's the problem. Schools should have been having more security. I mean, only our future scientists, doctors and lawyers are receiving their classes there. Instead we had to put up with 2 years of stupid ass masks mandates and shoving vaccines down our throats. I'm also not saying that what some republicans are proposing is right, teachers with guns? No that won't solve $hit either...

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why is it happening more here than other country in the world pretty much?

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

And you are missing the point that the reason you were able to get one so easily is because you have no criminal record. If you did it wouldn't have been easy. You would have had to get one illegally. I 100% against the sale of illegal firearms.

11. marky :)

A clean criminal record shouldn’t be the only basis and requirement to own one.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If an Iranian terrorist marched into an elementary school and killed that many children and others, are nation would be preparing for war right now. Congress would be united in those preparations.

But now they will do nothing. They will do nothing about it at all.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

In my opinion, just my opinion. Society is pretty weird right now. The U.S is the leader in liberal thinking. Children can't even decide what gender they want to be because there are people that want to push a tons of weird crap into their young brains. Paired with social media and easy access to the web its not hard to see why some people can get lost in a world of confusion and anger.

Yeah, you take away this criminal's ability to obtain a gun the number of deaths would be less today. Maybe none if attempted it in any other way. But what happens down the road? Do firearms contraband begin to happen? What about those who have a firearm for protection of their homes? How many break ins happen a year? How many break ins are disrupted by a lawful and responsible gun owner? How many people will be assaulted by the criminal who got a gun the same way he would get a gun today? Illegally? The list goes on and on. You can't solve one problem without creating more.

blue_eyed_devil and Houstunna like this.
  14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

So your fix is more security at schools? Growing up, how much security did you have at your school?

Republicans have literally done zero to fix the problem. Instead they blame mental health (and provided no additional funding for mental health). We need to do something, yet all we get are thoughts and prayers.

Regarding your comment around "stupid ass masks and vaccines" Again, it's the mindset of trying to do something rather than sitting back and just seeing how it plays out. Mind you, the democrats didn't invent mask mandates and vaccines. Literally every country on earth was doing the same thing.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

A background check is required to own one, not to conceal carry.... If a criminal gets his hands on one he did it illegally, who is most likely to commit a crime? One without a criminal record or one with? I'm not against stricter rules and safety classes before owning one.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Literally every country follows in the footsteps of this one, music, movies, sports, athletes, actors, schools, hospitals, products, advertisement and pretty much everything comes from the west in one way or another. I get it, two years ago it was better to be safe than sorry. We had no idea what this thing was, but they pushed a false narrative for so damn long people got fed up and stopped listening. The world has not ended, surprise.

This is not a Republican vs Democrat thing for me. I'm just tired of the radical tweets and political figures pushing these absurd fixes from both sides. Its stupid to say, take their guns! Same way its stupid to say, we need teachers carrying guns!

tinman likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The fat **** yelling down at Beto and running security for these sheepish cowards is Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin, who, prior to this week, is a Fox news and the Tucker Carlson White Power Hour to complain that Greg Abbott is not racist enough

Thoughts and prayers you fat ****. Hope you get a good deal on the reverse mortgage.

ElPigto, BigM and cheke64 like this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only way to individually psycho analyze each person is with some advanced technology we don’t have
    A Hispanic kid in a small Hispanic town didn’t break any laws to get his gun.

Salvy likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the first dude who confronted this kid
    Had lots of regret
    That he Forgot to bring his gun to shoot the kid

Salvy likes this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Huh? really think again. This shows how little knowledge you have outside your bubble if you actually think the US is the leader in Liberal thinking. Also if that is the case, which it is not, how does that explain why the US leads in all other countries in mass shootings? If you said gun culture than maybe you are on to something.

Explain that in other countries like Australia then? What are we trying to solve?