1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supervillains Gather in Davos

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, May 25, 2022.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

These people are not virtuous people and neither is their agenda.

Supervillains Gather in Davos

Why do our global elites sound like they belong in a bad dystopian movie? Why can’t our leaders imagine anything other than a future of privation and control?

The 2020 confab at Davos was billed as “The Great Reset” and promoted the ideas of German industrialist Klaus Schwab for rebuilding society and the economy after the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s from the creepy WEF promotional videos making “8 Predictions For the World in 2030” that the menacing phrase, You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy, emerged.

The other predictions were that there would be new climate taxes, and you will get 3D printed organs rather than organ donations, migrants will be welcomed, and you probably won’t be eating much meat. The word “reset” started making its way into speeches by Joe Biden, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, and New Zealand’s prime minister Jacinda Ardern. You’ve seen resistance to the way of life depicted by The Great Reset whenever some young conservative says, “I will not live in a pod. I will not eat the bugs.”

{....Numerous example in the article, all backed up with videos published and promoted by the WEF, usually on their website}

It is actually a crisis for our global elites that every idea they have for solving problems involves subtracting more of our humanity and freedom from human civilization. The only vision they have of the future is of a population drugged, fed on fake food, entertained by phones strapped to their faces, and controlled by machines. They see our unhappy reaction to this, and their imagination only comes up with more elaborate gags for us, and dreams of unsolvable mazes to drop us in.

These ideas seem, almost word for word, like the hackneyed lines in a first draft of a dystopian movie, the words stuffed into the mouths of characters to identify them as the supervillains in the plot before James Bond, or Jason Bourne, or Ethan Hunt shows up to impale them on their expensive flatware.

And I mean that quite seriously. Like YouGov’s poll respondents, the Davos elite are presenting themselves as incurable villains. People who talk this way are almost begging for red-blooded men to rise up in anger to depose them violently. Honestly. It feels like a dare. I worry that my own hidden social credit score is now going to be severely penalized for even noticing that these people are saying such crazy things that the narrative propulsion of the story they are putting themselves in ends only with their repentance and conversion, or their enjoyable demise.​

dachuda86 and tinman like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think you vastly overestimate Schwab.

Nook likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

From the linked article

Screenshot_20220525-122340_Firefox.jpg

Rashmon likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Schwab dude is 84. I don't particularly like him, but he is hardly some puppet master who controls all those folks. Maybe he would like to be, but he's basically some dude who managed to organize an event that attracts the richest and most powerful people in the world, for decades. Doesn't mean they give a **** about what he says or thinks.

I think these conspiracy theories are BS.

Also, Gates is a d******d in person. Have now met him often enough to be able to say that.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's generally not a conspiracy theory, but more an implicit collusion of worldviews.

Some see Davos or the like as a driver for pushing those interests onto the world but I think the intention is for collaboration and information sharing.

Demented?
    Dickwad?
    Doucheturd?

Expand my global elitist vocabulary...

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've never been to Davos -- still got to level up a lot in the evil globalist cabal before I can get an invite -- but I used to help prepare a CEO to attend. Maybe he made important connections there to help the company, I couldn't tell, but among us employees it seemed like a massive distraction from our real work and a waste of shareholder money. We suspected it had a lot more to do with undergirding the CEO's ego than it did with maximizing shareholder value. And when the new CEO came in, a much more humble street-fighter type, he immediately dropped Davos and a couple of other high profile conferences to our delight. I still really don't know if he was right; maybe he was ceding some of the company's stature and precluding opportunities. But it did help shift the mentality of leadership away from being a "global leader" and toward the nuts and bolts of operating lean and making money at the things you actually do.

MojoMan likes this.
  7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

On a Davos Energy Transition Panel, The Moderator Asked World Economic Forum Guests To Raise Their Hands if They Had An Electric Vehicle. JUST FOUR OF THEM DID.

These are economically privileged elitists. They are obsessed with the whole global warming/climate change narrative, which is just one of several new costumes for their globalist power grab agenda. So four people out of a good sized room of people drive electric cars - estimated by the moderator to be 5%. These people are posturing, preening virtue-signalling hypocrites of literally the highest order. Also, their predictions and prognostications are routinely and pretty dependably wrong.

These people are totally full of crap. They are not trustworthy people, either as individuals, or as a group.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

MojoMan likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, keep in mind that half these elitists probably don't drive cars at all. They have drivers paid for by the company in a car owned by the company, or else a third-party vendor supplies car service by contract, maybe folded in with security service more generally. So, please don't lambast the poor global elitist for not helping with the carbon crisis, they are trapped by corporate procurement policies!

;)

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You sure you weren't thinking of CPAC?

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

[​IMG]

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Herr Schwab, the founder of the World Economic Forum, eagerly pushing for and promoting "The Great Reset". He concludes that we must prepare "for an angrier world":

WEF founder: Must prepare for an angrier world

These people are monsters. They truly are.

13. adoo

adoo Member

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Am I a monster and supervillain now?

Nook likes this.
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If you support the agenda being promoted by this group, then perhaps you should consider the possibility that you very well might be. Of course many if not most of these people are so pathologically self absorbed, arrogant and/or narcissistic that this possibility is unimaginable to them, regardless of whether it is true or not.

It is interesting how a lack of self awareness always accompanies arrogance. It is the 'other side of the coin', so to speak.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think "this group" even promotes a unified agenda at all. People have more or less controversial discussions there. E.g. I told everyone I thought the mandatory testing was ridiculous lol.

Bilderberg is happening in a few days, in DC. That's a much smaller group ;).

Nook likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll give you that...not owning electric while most of them were undoubtedly peddling the ESG craze last year and presently is downright pathetic for various reasons,

MojoMan likes this.
  18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Were the rothschilds there is all I want to know.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NRA is at Davos?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nope.