1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a dark day and one of many dark days for this country. Today also comes on the anniversary of the killing of George Floyd by a man sworn to protect and serve. That death set off days of rage here in Minneapolis, around the country and even the World.

I often try to have hope, try to keep equanimity but a morning like this it's really hard to have hope. There will be another Uvalde, there will be another George Floyd, there will likely be another January 6th.

Thoughts prayers and nothing.

Hakeemtheking and Andre0087 like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...ims-of-the-uvalde-elementary-school-shooting/

Remembering the victims of the Uvalde elementary school shooting
    19 students and 2 adults were killed in the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School on May 24, 2022

UVALDE, Texas – Instead of making summer plans, the families of 19 school children and one teacher at Robb Elementary in Uvalde are making funeral plans.

Their young, innocent lives were ended by an 18-year old gunman with just two days left in the school year during what is now the deadliest elementary school shooting since Sandy Hook.

Before they were victims, they were children, brothers, sisters, and elementary school students.

Here’s what we know about them.

This article will be updated with more information as soon as it is available.

Amerie Jo Garza, 10-year-old 4th grade student
    [​IMG]

Amerie Jo Garza, 10, was just finishing her 4th-grade year at Robb Elementary. Her father waited hours for news about her whereabouts after Tuesday’s shooting only to learn that she was among the victims.

Angel Garza, her father, wrote on Facebook: “Thank you everyone for the prayers and help trying to find my baby. She’s been found. My little love is now flying high with the angels above. Please don’t take a second for granted. Hug your family. Tell them you love them. I love you Amerie jo. Watch over your baby brother for me.”

Xavier Lopez, 10-year-old 4th-grade student
    [​IMG]

The first student to be identified by family as one of the 19 killed on Tuesday is Xavier Lopez. His family said he was in fourth grade.

His mother was with him at the school during an awards ceremony just hours before the shooting, not realizing it would be the last time she would see him.

Eva Mireles, 4th-grade teacher
    [​IMG]

According to her bio on the school’s employee page, Mireles was married to a Uvalde CISD police officer and had one daughter. She loved her pets and loved running and hiking.

Audrey Garcia, whose daughter was a former student of Eva Mireles, said she was the best teacher her child has ever had.

Garcia’s daughter is diagnosed with Down Syndrome, and Mireles was constantly going the extra mile for her daughter and integrated her into her classroom, she said.

“My niece, Eva Mireles, approximately 17 yr teacher for UCISD along with another teacher and 18 children lost her lives to a senseless tragic shooting. I’m furious that these shooting continue, these children are innocent, rifles should not be easily available to all. This is a my hometown a small community of less then 20,000. I never imagined this would happen to especially to loved ones. not all the facts have been released yet all we can do is pray hard for our country, state, schools and especially the families of all, ” said Lydia Martinez Delgado, aunt of Eva Mireles.

There are 18 other children and one adult who were killed in the shooting. We will share their stories when their families release the information.

ABC News contributed to the reporting in this story.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I will take down the photo. There was a concurrent post that said supposedly, the post was meant to put a face to the killer.
    It came from a very liberal leaning Twitter feed.

I don’t mind owning my mistake, but I’m not going to be lectured from you about who and where I “get my info” from. A bit pompous and full of yourself if you think any political side or affiliated media is credible.
    The rush to get information out can fool anyone.

Nook and cdastros like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are like a broken record. Your solution to this problem in America? Mine is to definitely to not vote for NRA money Republicans. They care more about guns than people killed by them. Tax the hell out of ammo and guns. Make everyone goes through an extensive written and practical exam before being able to purchase a gun, and only then after proof of insurance and a license. If you need to do that to drive a car then you sure as hell should need that to purchase a gun. How about adding in carrying a gun under the influence too?

Some blame it on mental health. Well guess what? Our GOP politicians don't want to spend money on free or affordable healthcare. Our mental healthcare is piss poor in this state. We are ranked 45th in the nation. Don't believe it? Well, here's the link.

https://healthcareinsider.com/best-states-for-mental-healthcare-346733

#225 deb4rockets, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    ROCKSS likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Not much more to say then most of the posters on here, this is tragic but I am afraid at the end of the day nothing will change and we will be back to this sooner rather then later offering more prayers to the victims. At a minimum, cant we control access to schools with multiple armed guards and access points to know who is coming into the school. I haven't seen much from Lyin Ted but then again he only shows up to tell you what the woke left is doing wrong with no solution of his own, his beloved NRA is off limits and he would have to stand up to them and we know that wont happen. As tone deaf as the GOP is I cannot believe they will still have there NRA rally this weekend........right?? They would not be that insensitive

Reeko, Andre0087 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Nevermind! Turns out he was wearing the armor but didn't even have the plates in. And they still couldn't stop him!

A good guy with a laser guided bomb perhaps?

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My son's HS is in lockdown because some kid brought an unloaded gun to school today.

**** this place.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not just have the rally. They're having the rally in Texas. Self awareness be damned.

There has to be better ways than turning our schools into well armed forts. Many schools already control access. You have to go through the front office, many of which are now behind glass and you have to be buzzed in.

The assault weapons ban needs to be reinstated. Anyone seeking out an assault weapon should automatically be evaluated for mental health issues.

TheRealist137 and deb4rockets like this.
  11. Xerobull

Most schools don't have manned metal detectors to catch guns being snuck in. Like my son's HS, which was just locked down due to a student with a gun.

jiggyfly and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What school is this?

13. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

welcome to the world of Tomstro.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Clear Brook High School in Friendswood. I'm sure it will hit the news soon. Kid was arrested, no ammo. Still, it's ****ing insane.

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Well, your kids could certainly imagine it happening at their school since they get trained on how to react when someone starts blasting away.

What a trash country.

Nook likes this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

get bent you ****ing moron.

jiggyfly, Spooner, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Not to derail too much, but what problems does Canada have? I know some of course, but not sure since I've never been.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I guess you have never heard of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam.
    I don't even own a gun. In fact, I have probably done more to get guns out of the hands of criminals than anyone else on here, certainly more than 99.9%. I care about the law, and the law of the land says Americans have a right to keep and bear arms.

19. Xerobull

It's ****ing cold.

AleksandarN and Squirtle like this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Judge Cullen when Britain decided to ban handguns after a school shooting. Amazing how the rest of the world realizes that you can’t solve this problem without dealing with the guns not just the bad guys.

https://qz.com/1216653/britain-ende...ne-single-massacre/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo