1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Critical Race Theory.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, May 17, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is straight B.S.

The Galveston hurricane is in the TEKS and has to be taught and tested on.

Here is a lesson plan.

Lesson Plan for Galveston 1900: Storm of the Century ...
    https://essaydocs.org › lesson-plan-for-galveston-1900-sto...

... the 1900 Hurricane, the deadliest natural disaster in United States history, had on Galveston by examining period accounts and photographs. Teks §113.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not commenting on what you've learned, but what you have demonstrated that you haven't learned.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

oh I gotta remember that one!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Well, that's blatantly obvious.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You gonna hop on one thing I didn't remember from high school. I have a simple argument. All kids have enough to learn. We're the only ones needing the government to fix our kids lack of pride.

Conservatives don't want government training kids which is wrong but they are involved Too many Black parents aren't

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anthea Butler's tweets are protected

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is there no topic that you will not try and stir **** up?

You really are a despicable human being and such an attention w**** as well, Does your family know sad of a human being you are?

I mean really WTF dude, why do we care what random wackos are saying about this tragedy, I get next you are going to start spamming this thread with conspiracy theories?

Your life must really suck for you to have this much energy to spam this board constantly.

Newlin likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Repent for you have sinned your jiggygod

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that's exactly how I felt to see your usual attention w**** posting in a thread like this.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

does the term "people of color" make sense?

The Unified Field Theory of Non-Whiteness

https://glennloury.substack.com/p/the-unified-field-theory-of-non-whiteness?s=r

excerpt:

The term “people of color” attempts to unite an extraordinarily diverse segment of Americans of many different racial and ethnic backgrounds, of different classes, and of different cultural predilections under a single umbrella. What is the justification for this? Some progressives will tell you that all “people of color” share a common experience, which is that they have suffered the oppression of white supremacy or systemic racism. Even granting the existence of such universal oppression (which I do not), would it justify describing the experiences of, say, a newly arrived South Korean delivery driver and the second-generation child of Harvard-educated Bahamian lawyers as, in any meaningful way, “the same”?

Of course not. To group two such people together, you would have to ignore everything about them except the fact that they are not white. You can’t even call this “racial essentialism,” since the only race it essentializes is the so-called white race. The “people of color” moniker doesn’t so much propose a coherent theory of non-white identity as it quietly legitimizes an even less respectable, more dangerous theory of whiteness. Advocates of “people of color”-type identity politics will tell you they oppose white identity. But I regret to inform them that they are, in fact, perpetuating and empowering white identity.

A cynical reading of this situation could lead one to conclude that Democratic strategists, progressive pundits, and identitarian radicals need a broad non-white coalition to exist because, without it, whiteness would cease to have any meaning. And without the insidious specter of whiteness, the demands of Black Lives Matter-type activists would cease to have any force. As long as Democratic national strategy relies on linking the fates of a broad, ethnically and culturally diverse non-white coalition to a narrow set of grievances about black-white disparities, the left needs to keep the fiction of whiteness, and of racial essentialism, alive and well.

In the following excerpt from our most recent conversation, John McWhorter and I ask how long the center can hold. The immense diversity and vitality of first and second-generation immigrants cannot be reduced to the archaic politics of black and white. It’s only a matter of time before “people of color” whose values don’t align with those of the narrow segment of black society that have come to represent them start peeling off in the voting booth. What will happen to our politics when the Democrats’ unified field theory of non-whiteness is definitely disproven?
    more at the link

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They do have in common that they are treated unequally by the people that hold power.

They aren't all identical but they do have a common struggle and hardships.

Of course the last thing the people in power wants is for those that are ignored and discriminated against to find common ground.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

People if color is huat a way of saying everyone white as inches country is still a white majority white and predominantly controlled by whites.

I do think some who use the term to group people whim you may not connect connect for the purpose of making an issue connect to all when In reality it may not

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Interesting discussion from the video in link. I agree with their viewpoints...POC sounds like a revamped version of Other Race checkbox on the old censuses, a lazy one-size-fits-all tool designed to simplify and demarginalize real differences among races/ethnicity. It also emphasizes whiteness much like how Satanism owes its power and existence to Christianity.

The only place I'll use the word POC is in a professional setting to signal or defuse whatever uncomfortable DEI discussion is being thrown upon a captive audience.

As for the last part of the vid:

Values. These people often affirm a conservative value of family, of sexual modesty, of birth within the sanctity of marriage, of respect for parents, of a kind of parental et cetera, et cetera. Which I regret to report is not always manifest in the behavior and the value matrix that characterizes much of the lower strata of African American society. Of course, I'm not supposed to say that. I'm not supposed to say that. But it would appear to be the case. So the coalition is grounded on a kind of eliding of these very fundamental differences in worldview characteristic of various elements, components of the people of color aggregate.
    This is being glossed over in mainstream debate because any voice can easily make it sound racist, paternalistic, or "entrenched in racial or ethnocentric bias". I want to believe all parents want their kids to share those values, and there are credible points that if those parents are poor and overstretched by 2 shifts or maybe is a part of a single parent family, then the kids will struggle.

I just don't think the lagging academic indicators is primarily due to racial or cultural biases (maybe 25% but what explains the rest and what are the numbers or metrics that can start the process of goals based experimentation). If that's the case then it's more like pure capitulation or dread that enables self serving apathy over family centric sacrifice.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DeSantis New Curriculum in Florida regarding racism:

upload_2022-6-12_23-32-13.png

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Libs will be up in arms with anything monkey and racism related.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

the article is very careful to state that this is not an example of critical race theory

Oregon Health Officials Delayed a Meeting Because 'Urgency Is a White Supremacy Value'
    A second public health official cited the work of antiracist educator Tema Okun after several people on the thread objected.

https://reason.com/2022/07/02/urgency-is-a-white-supremacy-value-oregon-health-authority/

excerpt:

The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is a government agency that coordinates medical care and social well-being in the Beaver State. During the pandemic, OHA was responsible for coordinating Oregon's vaccination drive and disseminating information about COVID-19—both vital tasks.

The agency's office for equity and inclusion, however, prefers not to rush the business of government. In fact, the office's program manager delayed a meeting with partner organizations on the stated grounds that "urgency is a white supremacy value."

In an email obtained by Reason, Regional Health Equity Coalition Program Manager Danielle Droppers informed the community that a scheduled conversation between OHA officials and relevant members of the public would not take place as planned.

"Thank you for your interest in attending the community conversation between Regional Health Equity Coalitions (RHECs) and Community Advisory Councils (CACs) to discuss the Community Investment Collaboratives (CICs)," wrote Droppers. "We recognize that urgency is a white supremacy value that can get in the way of more intentional and thoughtful work, and we want to attend to this dynamic. Therefore, we will reach out at a later date to reschedule."

The email was sent from Droppers' state government email address, and drew sharp rebukes from many who received it. One such community member replied that "as a person of color, I am calling BS!" Another recipient, a health equity manager at a medical group, said she was "thrown" by the claim.

"Please, educate me on what the state means by urgency is a white supremacy value," she wrote. "Also, I would like to know how this gets in the way of the RHEC/CAC work. I have struggled all morning with how to communicate the reason for the postponement to our CAC."

Droppers did not follow up on her initial email with an explanation. A county health official, however, responded that "I too was taken by surprise on the statement and decided to investigate it for further comprehension and wanted to share a link that I found."

The link redirects to a website that purportedly identifies aspects of white supremacy culture. The website was "conceived and designed" by Tema Okun, a white antiracist educator who has popularized the idea that several benign and widespread traits are actually characteristic of white supremacy. Among these are preferring quantity over quality, wanting things to be written down, perfectionism, becoming defensive, and yes, possessing a sense of urgency.

Okun's work makes frequent appearances in educational equity workshops; similar work by Judith Katz, also an antiracism expert, was included on the website for the National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Okun's work is not critical race theory (CRT), a catchall term now used by many conservatives to describe all progressive antiracism activism. . . .
    more at the link

19. SuraGotMadHops

I blame white supremacy
    "This behavior is encouraged and they are told at school, at work, by politicians and everyone else that they aren't responsible for their behavior. They are told that society is at fault, and anything they do is a product of that . . ."

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So that's why you hate minorities?

ROCKSS likes this.