1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Paolo and liking it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 21, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

So take him out.

You find yourself now?

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Objectively would you want to go to Houston? The GM and HC are inexperienced and the owner is cheap and unproven… and the Rockets have been the worst in the league record wise.

Since the ownership change the two best players, the GM and the HC all forced their way out of town.

If I were an agent I would rather my rookie client avoid the Rockets.

5. MystikArkitect

Objectively which of the Top 4 are good destinations? Orlando has been in lottery purgatory for an eternity. Thunder are in a permanent rebuild. The Kings are the Kings. I find the "I don't want him in Houston" a little curious because if not....where do you want him? With the tried and true Magic? Or the Thunder? Of the 4, Houston is the only one that isn't a poverty franchise. And that's mainly because of where it resides. The ownership issues do stand however.

6. raining threes

I think Green is a starter on a championship team. I also could see Sengun as a starter if Lopez can be a starter on a championship team.

Rudyc281 and Zen Tabak like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Your point on Sacramento and Orlando are very valid. Sacramento is like a shittier version of Fertita and Stone…. OKC would be considered a better destination by a lot of agents because they have Presti. He gets a lot of slack because of his past.

BigM, D-rock, raining threes and 3 others like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Some permutation of "terrible team, unproven or lousy management, crappy small market that people leave" is kind of unavoidable for most top 5 draft picks - that's just life in lotto town.

9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Then there no point in the draft lottery, if an agent feels their client should avoid going to the worse team record wise. I would agree last year but Rockets seem to have a plan some what right now, and we honestly got out from Harden at the right time.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well we do have a losing culture, more so than anyone the last 2 years. Add the KPJ and Wood incidents to our record and of course people think like this. All we have to do now is start winning.

Rudyc281, D-rock and Nook like this.
  11. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I honestly think a lot of them wanted the one of the top 3 bigs to end up with the pistons so Cade could have his running mate.

TriumVirate, Rudyc281, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, they have to have it all figured out next season. Because they hit the jackpot draft (Green, Sengun, Christopher, Nix, Queen)last season and the majority of the team will be entering their 2nd-3rd seasons.
    Get those defenders now so that they can be caught up by midseason.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t disagree with what you are saying… I am cautiously optimistic but from an outside perspective it isn’t pretty.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

<Evan Mobleys Dad Has Entered The Chat>

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah maybe but what does that have to do with anything?

He will not be able to get the easy putbacks he does in college because he will be much more contested but the real question is why are you comparing the efficiency of Holmgren and Banchero when they were asked to do much different things offensivley?

The real question is do you think Holmgren could be as efficient as Banchero if he was the primary guy on offense?

I think Banchero could be as efficient if he had been asked to do the same things as Holmgren.

Banchero would be pretty good as a spopt up shooter, putback guy and trail guy in the fastbreak don't you agree?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So a all time top 30 player instead of a alltime top 50 player?

I mean is this really supposed to be a bad thing to get in this draft?

I mean not only is he taller but a better rebounder, playmaker and better defender as well.

RasaqBoi likes this.