1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brag about our kids thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Nov 13, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t want to make a thread on this. Does anyone here though have any experience with soccer camps in Europe? Trying to figure out one to go check out for a week this summer.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Are they in a league or on a team? This isn’t a camp but my boys participated in this tourney many times and loved it.
    https://www.gobysa.com/tour-cups/norway-cup/

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

A friend of mine's son went to Europe after HS to train professionally. I can ask him some questions if you want to pass them on.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Just my individual son going.
    I was considering Chelsea or Real Madrid but am open to any suggestions. It’s hard to find a lot of information regarding these camps online.

I am also going this summer to a Dallas FC camp as well. Thank you

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

My sons team went undefeated through the regular season and playoffs in an ultra competitive tball league. He also made the all star team. I can answer any future MLB questions. . I’m a proud dad tonight.

ATXNekko, mikol13, ROXRAN and 9 others like this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Humble Brag ... My son finished his freshman year in college ... successfully :D

ferrari77, mikol13, cmoak1982 and 6 others like this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My Daughter just finished her Bachelors in Childhood education at U of H and is looking for a job in blue state to GTFO of Texas.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You will be AMAZED how big that is. SO many "Good Students" from "Great Families" flunk out after year 1. Too much Partying, Can't handle the independence and being away from home, Can't handle the class load, etc...

9. Xerobull

Yung-T likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My son in his first year of college landed a remote business development job that pays him good.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My boys are KILLING it in their School of Rock lessons. They both 'graduated" Rock 101 two years early and will be playing in the 12-17 age band this season, even though they're only 10. One on guitar/bass and one on drums.

We also have our own band with me on bass and their 12-year old cousin on lead guitar. We have our 2nd gig on Sunday opening up for my real band.

I am literally in heaven.

[​IMG]

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

negatory

13. Xerobull

That's awesome dude!

Slyonebluejay and ima_drummer2k like this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Following up on this…

They played two games last night. He was awesome. First game was the semis in the playoffs. He had a TD catch and 4 sacks in a win. Without question the player of the game in a 32-20 win.

Championship game he wasn’t as sharp but had two sacks a tipped ball that resulted in a pick 6.

They won the Championship 32-21.

Went 13-0 on the season.

Pretty stoked, proud dad.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Love this!!!!

Slyonebluejay and ima_drummer2k like this.
  16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Oldest son just got promoted to a 2nd tier manager at a mid Fortune 500 company and signed on to a record label. It's a low level but does have stuff on Spotify and Apple and others. He's the luckiest man in the world with his wife - who have given us our 1st granddaughter.

Middle son just bought a 1/2 million dollar home by himself and is making more money in Cybersecurity than I am as a Snr Software Engineer in a steady 35 year career always working in large corps. He's full time wfh and even though the company is in Jacksonville, FL he chose to live in CO so he can live life to the fullest as he's an pretty extreme outdoor person.

Our baby girl just graduated with her Masters and is working in hospital administration. She's engaged to be married in Nov to a super nice guy whose is a med student.

Pretty decent loan line I've got setup...

17. Xerobull

Wow amazing!!!

mikol13 likes this.
  18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Went to UTSA at 17. Was in no way, shape, or form ready to be on my own. 0.9 GPA and ended up at North Harris CC. I finished eventually, after having to retake my first 2 years entirely.

ArtV likes this.
  19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

High five! I too had a 0.9 GPA at Iowa State. Pretty rare to hear of some with GPAs like ours. Of course I was sent home with a letter to say try again later. I had $425 in parking tickets and they would continually send me letters that unless I paid my parking tickets, they would not transfer my grades and would lock down any inquiries about my transcripts. "So if I don't pay you $425, you'll never tell anyone that I have a 0.9? Ok then I think you have your answer.". I moved to Houston and went back to school at UofH obviously not as a transfer.

I did have a Leave it to Beaver childhood but from age 15 to 25...well I lived a "full" life.

Roscoe Arbuckle, leroy and Xerobull like this.
  20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I want to like everyone here, ..great stuffs. Kids are the most beautiful part of us being alive.

cmoak1982 likes this.