1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What does that have to do with Houston and CA? Houston has some of the loosest gun laws and we have daily murders.

#1481 deb4rockets, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's why James Harden likes Houston

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those parents are disturbing, but unfortunately there are many more like them. Whether they buy the guns for their kids or leave them accessible for their kids to take. Then you have parents who are the root of the mental anguish building up in their child by not getting them the help they need. It's really sad.

That's where annual gun licences could help. People who buy their kids guns should have their license revoked. People who don't lock up their guns where their children can grab them and kill their sibling by accident should all be charged. The least they should do is be able to restrict those types from owning guns by stricter laws.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am at a lack of words. This must be stopped. My God, the poor children.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Grandmother was probably the last line of defense in talking the shooter off the ledge, so to speak.

Tragic.

HP3 likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Another mass shooting @pgabriel probably doesn’t care about

Yung-T, jiggyfly and JayGoogle like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Could have been prevented but the police were probably defunded, the solar powered metal detectors were out due to it being cloudy and the safety patrol officer was busy removing obscene books in the library.

ROXRAN likes this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

Very sad. I wish we didn’t have a gun culture.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We don't we have a MINORITY of people in this country hiding behind a made up definition of the 2nd amendment.

Which clearly states "A WELL REGULATED MILITIA"......

DD

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will never be stopped. Sandy Hook was point of no return for American society and guns. We decided then that there was nothing we were willing to do to hinder access to guns.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This one really hurts me for some reason.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I can't even comprehend this.. This makes me so sad I can't even imagine what these poor parents are going through right now. My son is in elementary school. He's got two days left. This makes me not want to send him for those 2 days.

Something needs to change. People will never get on board with restricting guns so why don't we put armed trained employees at every school? Use retired military, cops etc. Put them thru an extensive background and mental check beforehand. With the money we spend on foreign aid we can easily make the budget to protect our children. Man.

I think I need to talk to my 7 year old about what to do but how the **** do you even start that conversation :( My heart is so broken for these poor parents

cmoak1982 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. HTM

HTM Member

Sleepy Joe is a gun owner and supports the 2nd Amendment. Neither Republicans nor the Democratic mainstream are willing to tackle this issue.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Just republicans.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

What's Biden or the Democrats doing?

17. HP3

HP3 Member

They cant do anything because Joe Manchin and Sinema are gigantic pieces of garbage. Biden is not great and I didnt vote for him in the primaries but the giant TURDS your party puts out are gigantic clown shows.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trump actually wanted a Red Flag law but the NRA talked him out of it

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.politifact.com/article/2013/apr/30/summary-manchin-toomey-gun-proposal/

A reminder of when American society threw up its hands. The modern filibuster meant that none of the nay votes against this popular bill had to defend their vote with a single word on the Senate floor. It's fine to have differing views, but nobody in the current GOP caucus (or Joe Manchin!) supports any changes to the filibuster that would force senators to say why they oppose something instead of merely threatening to oppose it.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

FIFY.....btw - the NRA was a big RUSSIAN money pot.....

DD