1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This angers me so much the GOP is paid NOT to make gun laws, this blood is on their hands.

The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bare arms for a "WELL REGULATED MILITIA" - let's get some of the REGULATED ****!!!

So so so ****ing tired of the GOP and their paid for mentality, they are robbing us blind and screwing over their own constituents.

At some point one of these parents is going to pick up a gun and start shooting senators and congress people......for inaction.

DD

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

i rarely read those. Maybe I will start.

3. HTM

HTM Member

I think there's only one real solution, and even if it can be effectuated, the results won't bear fruit in our lifetime but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go for it.

You have to start removing the 450 million guns in society and stop allowing new ones to be sold. That's the only solution. Every other suggestion or half-measure is pretty much worthless.

We need to repeal the 2nd amendment and dismantle our countries gun culture.

Nothing less will do.

Nook, Jugdish, BigM and 4 others like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

what difference does it matter what my stance on BLM is? As if that is what makes you a racist or not. Lol.

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

This is only 100 miles or so from my kids school

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

I used to teach children. Being trained in combat and taking a life we’re not in my job description. The GOP has a mental illness. Not even a month ago a man was shooting at people in the subway and people have already forgotten. One of the reasons I voted Biden and will never, ever vote R was gun control. What’s the plan Biden???? Why is it that no matter who the president is things continue to get worse and republicans continue to gain ground? Enough with “politics” do something to protect your people or you are complicit. There is no justification for this. Pathetic excuse for a government. We are witnessing the last days of Rome.

Nook, Squirtle, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

14 kids.

And a teacher.

I'm so tired of this. Again and again and again.

We are a deranged society. Won't even do the basic little things to keep kids safe in their classrooms, to keep people from getting gunned down in grocery stores and places of worship.

The immediate takes are predictable and tedious. A little outrage, a little snark, a little time, and we move on to the next one. Insane.

That this is in D&D and not Hangout is telling. The deaths of kids are now part of a culture war, part of the game of politics--easily ignored and forgotten by most.

I use "society" intentionally. It's not the government or politicians or gun manufacturers. After all these shootings, it's on us.

Anyway, carry on.

Nook, tierre_brown, Squirtle and 9 others like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There’s no discussion needed anymore. This is a cancer to our society and a cure must be found. I don’t need your reasons why nothing should change. The idea of progress is a myth as long as those in power are willing to give credence to the fragility of people who are afraid of being left behind.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't like being off topic so for the final time here...

I didn't say you were stereotyping...but we literally had a thread equating crime with black people that you were in and you never once called any of those people racist throughout that whole thread. If you had just ignored the thread or not posted in it, I wouldn't have brought it up, but the deb back and forth reminded me that you were in that very same thread.

I'm really not trying to get a gotcha here but I just always feel it is important to point out that all these discussions we have on 'Black crime' are usually very racist and are oh so tolerated here as legit discussions and debate...they do the same thing as stereotyping.

Nook, Squirtle, Zboy and 1 other person like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I apologize for saying this as a foreigner, but **** the 2nd amendment. Collect these damn guns.

Nook, Spooner, Zboy and 5 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

This is what the 2nd amendment says...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Clearly it is for a standing militia - and it is intended to be "WELL REGULATED" .....

Yet here we are....literally it was meant to allow people to be part of a militia - as we had no standing army when it was written.......we need to amend the constitution big time.

DD

Ubiquitin and deb4rockets like this.
  13. Spooner

Spooner Member

I want to be clear I am not blaming Biden because I understand we can’t get anything past the senate. Meanwhile Republicans do every dirty trick possible to get their way no matter what. It makes me feel like none of our votes even matter. This should have been priority #1 like yesterday. WTF is wrong with this country. I’m not equating the Democrats to the abomination of the GOP. However, they need to show they actually care about us. Take action.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3d printers make this solution ineffective as well.

Rocket River and DaDakota like this.
  15. Beezy

Beezy Member

The solution is simple. Just don't go to school, the mall, the movies, work, concerts, clubs, church/mosque/synagogue, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, the subway...

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

Well then there is absolutely no answer

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

100% agree. Enough.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Too soon, but it came to mind.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh sorry, yeah it was for the guys who seems to accept the guys who rant about blacks.

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. DaDakota

TAX THE CRAP out of ammo, make gunpowder like UBER expensive.

You need a renewable license for EVERY GUN you own, renewed every year....

DD

Nook, jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.