1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Dont try to turn me into the racist. You are the one who was stereotyping based on skin color and I called you out. Don’t try to link me with mysterious posters that have nothing to do with this. When you see me say something racist, like what you said, then you have something solid to call me on.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We could, at the very least, make it A LOT more difficult to not only have a gun but to carry them.

Unfortunately, we have so many school shootings that this one will be forgotten in a month.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks Abbott and the GOP for not dealing with REAL gun laws, because you are paid not to......

Ridiculous ...

DD

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say you were a racist. Get over it and go pick on a real racist. There are tons of threads. I never saw you call those guys out is all I said.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Do you want to know what is TRULY sad . . . . .
    I expected that he wasn't white because Abbot said he was dead
    and not that he killed himself
    Cops are really very careful and extra kid gloves on alot of these white mass shooters. . .they get taken into custody and given happy meals.

Good Riddance .

Rocket River

edwardc, subtomic and Reeko like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not even going to get into this in this thread but I've seen you liked several posts and get into discussions on 'black crime' issues.

The stereotyping is the exact same thing, it's always fine and dandy for people to rant about how black people have an issue with crime and how it must be a cultural thing but panties get in a twist when someone equates white men to mass shootings. It is hypocritical to call one racism and the other not.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That won't happen as long as the GOP is in charge. Honestly, the only way to stop it is to just take away guns and make it a life sentence if you commit a crime with one.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*chuckle* but they say "probably a black guy"
    all the time . . . .(I guess that is the quiet part they don't say out loud)

Rocket River

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

no. This is just stupid. Don’t stereotype people based on race. Its really that simple. Its not ok to stereotype based on race. This is common knowledge.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Who does????

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

How did the gunman die?

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dude, I said I was joking. I NEVER rant about how black people or any other culture have a problem with crime. I also never called all BLM looters and thugs. You have me mistaken with those other guys. The weird thing is that I make a joke and get more criticism then the ones that seriously think that way. Let me guess, you are Republican?

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No gun advocate will want to hear this. The reality is that these individuals are willing to turn a blind eye to continue having their right to bear arms. They can claim prayers/positive thoughts/etc but ultimately those individuals are okay with these kind of scenarios happening from time to time because they don't happen often enough. They rather focus their energy on those cities that have heavy gun regulation and show us how the murder rates in those cities are so high that it proves gun laws do not work and ignore how easy it is to get a gun outside of these more heavily regulated zones.

I'm sure the Texas Legislators will turn their attention to arming teachers and also blaming the senseless immigration issue that has been.

I don't think of this as political deal. I just had my first daughter in November of last year and it is scary to think that it could happen to my child. It should not matter little rare these occurrences are, but unfortunately for gun advocates, it does matter because in their head they have justified that this is bound to happen anyways since criminals will always get their hands on guns anyways.

I personally don't know if there will ever be an easy solution. There are so many guns in this country that even if the USA made them illegal, I doubt they would all be turned over. I wish at least gun advocates would pretend to care by supporting more stringent gun laws in the entire country.

#53 ElPigto, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yep.
    The Details are not out that I see yet

Check any PGabs thread or comment - He hates black people with a purple passion

I saw earlier the guy is label White Hispanic
    MAKE NO MISTAKE - There are elements in this state that are BEGGING for him to be an illegal
    so they can make this a case for other policies.

Rocket River

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They might be more hesitant to have a black market gun if guns were illegal and carrying one was a life sentence. Sadly, it's gotten to the point that only that the only real solution is to eliminate 350 million guns in the hands of Americans.

ElPigto and Rocket River like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, but this post ignores that there was another thread that you participated in that was doing exactly this, but for black people, you didn't make this argument then, in fact you made arguments that supported the OPs stance.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

a real racist? Someone who stereotypes an entire race of people in one sentence is not a real racist? My guess is you would probably never say “probably a black guy” in any criminal situation.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Was this a misquote? The person I was talking about was Tomstro...

Although I don't recall Tomstro stances on BLM or other things I think you were right to bring up that this point about racism is never brought up in the near weekly 'Black crime' threads we have on this forum.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Stone Reality these people need to understand is:
    As many guns that were in Uvalde . . .. . .it didn't matter because 14 people are dead

Rocket River

ElPigto likes this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Nice try. All I said was that more fathers should be raising their kids. Thats not stereotyping at all and it goes for all races. Yet I said all that. I never stereotyped anyone. So nice try.