1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perfect Viper.

"Hail Hydra" likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

This guy is intriguing AF.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another pet cat for Vipers.

Corrosion and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not NCAA but when will this dude declare for the draft? Rockets need size next to Green and Paolo....

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dang the Rockets could get Paolo or Jabari and still get the white Chet Holmgren later in the draft?!?!

Sign me up!

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not quite the elite 2 way player.

13. j@amc

j@amc Member

Maybe a perfect Viper.

Looks to me like it's going to take a couple of years for Roddy to figure it out. I wouldn't be surprised if his journey turned out to be fairly long and he went undrafted.

He struggled to stand out in the combine 5-on-5 sessions. As an undersized wing, but not a guard, he's waiting for people to dish him the ball as he spaced the floor. But he's not a good enough shooter at this point to catch anyone's eye.

Defensively, Roddy can carve out space and knows how to use his strength to surprise guys. At 261 lbs, he's a bit of a wall. For comparison, he's got 30 lbs on Jae'Sean Tate, and as Givony points out his wingspan is pretty solid.

I think he'll have to figure out how to finish over bigger players in the paint. They give him all kinds of trouble at this point.

Perhaps his most unique NBA skill is his quickness for a man his size. His agility score was 10.75 and his 3/4 sprint was 3.22 (in a dead tie with guard Dyson Daniels). I believe Roddy could get faster as he improves his body/nutrition, as he tested at 11.6% body fat. Given a touch more quickness, he would be even more disruptive and might be able to create separation for his shot. That and working on his shot are his tickets to a pro career.

subtomic, jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

White Chet Holmgren? LOLLL please tell me that was an intentional oxymoron! :D:D:D

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I hate these video's where they are dunking over old men who move like old people fornicate - slow or not at all .... I want to see workouts where they play against good athletes & defenders.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So smooth. Some of these euros are making our American boys look bad

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stupid bounce, that is explosive.

D-rock likes this.
  18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

too big, hunched back, not an athlete. clearly has pituitary gland issues.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

all these scouts should know you don't draft upon combine results and measurements. You should for that dawg in them, speed, and accomplishments.

D-rock likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

1. Paolo Banchero (Duke, PF, Freshman)

Banchero changed my mind over the final months or two of the season, when he really started to showcase the shooting and playmaking skills that will separate him from other bigs. He's already different for his ability to handle, create for himself and shoot off the dribble at 6'10" and 250 pounds. As long as he picks up his defensive effort, his scoring versatility, passing and power seem likely to translate to star production/impact.

2. Chet Holmgren (Gonzaga, PF/C, Freshman)

There is case for Smith over Holmgren and Holmgren over Banchero. The Gonzaga star could be No. 1 or No. 3, depending on who's picking. Despite concerns over his skinny frame, there isn't much bust potential when we're talking about a 7-footer who shoots threes, has a 7'5" wingspan and outstanding defensive instincts and can pass. Those three strengths don't require actual, physical strength. The only real red flag with Holmgren should question his half-court creation. How dependent will he be on solid guard play and setup passers?

3. Jabari Smith (Auburn, PF, Freshman)

Smith is our early prediction to go No. 1 to the Orlando Magic, with scouts totally enamored by his shooting, perimeter self creation, defensive versatility and maturity. In a vacuum, there are two other prospects whom I feel a tad better about, mostly due to Smith's 43.5 two-point percentage and limited explosiveness off the dribble or at the rim. But he's obviously a spectacular NBA prospect, and he's arguably the best teenage shooting big or 6'10" three-and-D player the draft has ever seen.