1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you feel different about

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, May 23, 2022.

1. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

The Cola flavor for Zevia is the only one that isn't sweet as **** for me. I like it though.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Of course I'm kidding, but seriously -- if 50 year old me could have a talk with 25-35 year-old me. Also, how I feel now that I hit 50 is a lot different than how I felt when I was in my 30's. And ... the results you feel in your 50's are often based on the decisions you made in your 20's and 30's, whether it's financial, health, or whatever. You know... the usual stuff. ;)

Slyonebluejay, boomboom and Squirtle like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

NFL - Use to be my #1 Sport - When the Oilers left. I left. Never recovered. Tried with the Texans for a while. I was coming around then they went stupid. I bounced.
    NBA - Love the Rockets and all Rocket Players (current and former - EXCEPT SNOTTIE QUITTEN!!!) Beyond that I still enjoy basketball but it is not the MUST SEE TV it use to be.
    Tennis - Ladies. I was high during the Venus and Serena era. I even watch alot of the guys . . .now .. .I got nothing

Dairy - Recently developed an intolerance. I still sample but not the hog I use to be
    Exercise - I use to detest sweating of any kind . . . now I feel the impurities leaving my body. Still a work in progress. (this is recent)

Rocket River

ROCKSS, Nook, ROXRAN and 3 others like this.
  4. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

True, you aren't wrong :). Slowly but surely reducing the Coke Zero's. I'll never give up coffee though, ha. Just enjoy it too much. But soda, yeah can reduce there.

5. Buck Turgidson

There are 2 types of dishonesty I hate:

Lying

And skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk

Nook, xcrunner51, ROXRAN and 3 others like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

Nook, cmoak1982 and Squirtle like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I used to dislike avocado/guacamole.

Now I eat it all the time.

Squirtle likes this.
  8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Same. My wife got me hooked on them. Hated them.

9. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Gave this some thought and here's mine.

Politics: I used to be conservative actually, but then I just didn't agree with a lot of their politics over time and now am on the liberal end of the spectrum. My wife is deeply conservative and sometimes this causes problems, but oh well, we get along fine outside of that.

Sports: Used to love basketball, baseball and football but once I met my wife my priorities switched a bit with more of a focus on us, which was fine with me. I still love the Rockets and Astros, but I watch a lot less than I used to and attend games still a bit here and there. The Texans, call me when they don't have doofus as the owner anymore.

Sex and Relationships: My views on this have changed a lot since I met my wife. Before my wife and before finding our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (kidding about the later LOL), my relationships consisted almost entirely of one night stands. Sure, at the time that was fine, whatever. But it never led to anything substantial in the romance department and just hurt feelings after a while on either side. It wasn't until I met my wife that I really discovered it was possible to have a great relationship with or without sex and that means the world to me now. Sure, we don't have sex as much as we used to, but it's still fun, it's just not everything anymore like it was before we met.

Food: Never used to try spicy foods before my wife that much, occasionally. Now, I'm the one buying hot sauce bottles from vendors in Spring, TX because I can't get enough of the stuff lol.

Blatz, ROCKSS, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hurricane season. Growing up in Houston it wasn't something I ever worried about. Decades later, with Houston flooding more and more than it ever used to I dread Hurricane Season.

Rocket River, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I used to hate pretty much everyone. Now……uhhh…..I just don’t like them very much.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Soccer- Have begun following Premier League and National team.

Politics- Was conservative. Now just disgusted with it all.

Ranch- I like it since about 30.

13. Buck Turgidson

I've loved soccer since Jr High. We were stupid good.

**** Politics, would you like me to talk sh@t to your family?

I love my Ranch. You're not invited. Yet.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rap Music
    TV Sitcoms
    The crazy idea that you need someone to go with you to go to a game. concert, or just out to dinner. I enjoy it a lot more doing it alone and I can leave early or show up late whatever I choose to do.

Nook likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shoulders, knees, wrists, pretty much almost all my joints feel different now. I just posted a thread about it.

boomboom likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I used to hate coffee but now I like it. I still can't drink too much of it but have to something to eat with it.
    Eggplant. Hated it as a kid but now don't mind it.
    Hai Dai, this is a Chinese cold pickled kelp salad. Used to hate it as a kid but now I find myself craving it every now and then,

I barely eat fast food anymore and very rarely eat stuff like McDonalds. I used to eat a lot as a kid.
    Ice Cream. I've become more lactose intolerant as I've gotten older so have trouble eating ice cream. Even with Lactaid I've lost the desire for ice cream.
    Sports. I used to follow sports much closer and would know more about the leagues, standings and stats. I'm hard pressed now to tell you what the NBA playoff records are or other than the Astros and the Twins be able to name three players on other MLB teams. None of this has anything to do with players and leagues being "woke." I was neutral about the NBA embrace of BLM or about kneeling in football and still think the importance of either was greatly overblown. I think it has more to do with I just don't have time to read the sports section every day and with so much information and media sources there's far more other stuff to follow. For example yesterday rather than watching the NBA playoffs I was watching a documentary on Alexander the Great's victory at the Battle of Hydaspa River.

The Rockets. I know this is Clutchfans and we all came here because we love the Rockets. I loved the Rockets more when they looked less like the Minnesota Timberwolves.

ROCKSS, Nook and Squirtle like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

7th grade dance, Marlo had massive, uh, tracts of land. I'm pretty sure my hardon was the first she ever felt on her hip.

Nook and Xerobull like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Whatever you do, do NOT google "head shoulders knees toes"

Squirtle likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks now I have that song stuck in my head.

Squirtle and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Facts. Especially on the sports take of your post for sure.