1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not sure the Kings would consider Wood the missing piece for win-now mode. I’d be willing to add the Milwaukee pick, ‘Gordon, Matthews or KJM. Kings will find a way to suck next year and we have another bullet to get into the Victor sweepstakes.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd probably pass on Jabari at 3 if SAC paid that price. Having 2 tickets to the Wembanyama lottery next year would make it worthwhile when you can look back at a player like Ivey, Sharpe, Murray as a "consolation prize" and then getting lucky enough to get the #1 pick next year PLUS another high pick courtesy of SAC. I doubt SAC would offer an unprotected 2023 pick, but it is Sacramento after all. That was my point. If that offer is there you have to do it whether its Paolo, Jabari or Chet there at 3.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm picking at #3 regardless which of the three bigs is left on the board. (About the only way you could change my mind is a trade that brought back 7 years of unprotected picks and swaps.)

The goal going into the lottery was to remain in the top 3 so you had a chance to pick one of these guys, they are all gonna be really good.

Nothing has changed there - it would be a failure to not come away from this draft with one of those players.

My order of preference: Chet, Paolo, Jabari.

If we look back a year ago, I think the vast majority of us salivating at the chance to draft Paolo .... now it's highly likely we'll end up with him. I'm thrilled .... even if he is my second choice.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  4. sogood.

sogood. Member

Their goal is to make the playoffs not have the worst defensive front court of all time in Sabonis and Wood.

peleincubus and D-rock like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats fair if you view the guys this year as foundational. If you had a choice to pick any of the 3 this year OR Victor next year which way would you go? I understand the uncertainty of looking ahead, but IMO Victor is THAT good that I would be willing to modify the rebuild with hopes to have a real chance to land him. Maybe you just arent as high on Victor as others are which is perfectly fine too. Having to endure another "tank" type season would suck. It may end up that way even if we take the leftover player at 3 though.

To me Victor is like a Frankenstein player taking the best that all 3 prospects offer this year and for that I'd be willing to move heaven and earth. I think you could install Ivey, Murray or Sharpe into this nucleus and still find success in the modern NBA.

6. Landry's Tooth

To Blazers:
    Christian Wood
    Eric Gordon
    #17 pick

To Rockets:
    Eric Bledsoe (3-4 million guaranteed)
    Josh Hart (NG)
    #7 pick
    Future pick with top 3-5 protection

This gives the rockets their pick of wing defenders expected to go in the late lottery or Mark Williams to beef up rim protection...

Then they restock with a future pick with light protection that is likely lottery if Lillard goes. Would want next available pick with no protection if doesn't convey. If Lillard stays they likely get a pick similar to 17 they have this year...

Blazers then still have a pick this season to draft or flip for help... they convert one rotation piece into 2 better ones moving down 10 places and giving up a future pick... this also doesn't sink them with long term deals if a tear down happens with Lillard. Gives them a win now roster with rebuild contingency for cap space...

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’d do this in a heartbeat even without the extra pick (laughable to even include it imo)

saleem, withmustard and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Got to get to at least #12 for Eason, maybe even as high as 9 imo.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is zero guarantee to get Wembanyana next draft.

ZERO

saleem and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. sydmill

sydmill Member

As you know, Eason is who I covet. However, Sochan, Daniels and AJG are also wings I'd like on this squad. 1 (or more) will be there at 13 I think.

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure about that man.

Those long 3-D wings are in high demand.

saleem likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would do that without the pick coming back. I would likely even include the bucks pick for that. #7 is a very high pick to insert a starter next to Green and whoever they pick at #3

I am not sure they would do that even with the Bucks pick going to them.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

Think of it this way... they get Wood and Gordon for a first and for moving 10 spots in the draft...

People here criticize Wood and think he's worthless but i doubt the league thinks that. He's a big who can space and run the break. That fits a lot of teams for need.

He's worth a #7 pick to me in a 4 player draft. It would be different if it was a super deep draft.

If Gordon is worth a late 1 then he's worth moving 7 to 17...

If you're the Blazers and trying to compete then you have some options...

This could be their lineup:

Lillard
    Simmons
    Redish, Clarke, or Kispert (possible trades)
    Wood
    Nurkic

If Simmons develops that could be a mid tier playoff team... if they deal Lillard the only long term money would be in Simmons...

Lillard to the knicks for picks gets them in a similar quick rebuild as rockets...

peleincubus likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like where you are going. I live in Portland and it’s clear they are a good target to trade #7, but they really like Hart and they are not trading 7, Hart and a lightly protected future pick. That’s not even a remotely fair proposal.

I do think they’d be willing to take Wood and EG; maybe even Tate too, but I think that gets us #7 at most. I think they’d rather have future draft considerations than #17.

here’s a counter proposal I think is realistic:

Gordon, Wood, and 2023 Milwaukee pick for #7 and Bledsoe

steddinotayto likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's more reasonable for both teams. We just witnessed a trade deadline passing where Wood and Gordon couldn't net Stone a "strong" 1st rounder but now we are to believe that they both can bring us back the #7 AND a top 5 protected pick?

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Wood and EG for Bledsoe doesn't really work, money-wise. It would be something like Wood, Nwaba, and draft capital for Bledsoe and #7. I think it could work for both teams.

For Portland, Dame / Simons / Hart / Wood is a pretty darn good core. Throw in Nurkic if he resigns, and you have a nice starting lineup. We obviously can use the #7 pick, and Bledsoe can run backup point:

KPJ / Bledsoe
    Green / Gordon / Christopher
    #7 / Tate / Christopher
    #3 / Matthews / KMJ / Garuba
    Sengun / Garuba / KMJ

D-rock, Aruba77 and steddinotayto like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We also could do Portland a favor by picking at #7 because it could potentially cause a ripple effect where maybe a center like Duren or Williams fall to 17. Most likely wouldn't happen but either center would immediately fill the void that Nurkic left via free agency. I love JayGup but if I had to include him in a trade for the 7th pick I'd do it given the fact that whoever goes at #7 would most likely be a stronger defensive 3.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yep, too many people on here are overvaluing Wood and Gordon. Nobody wanted them for an even mid-pick last year. We will have to give several draft picks plus one or more of Tate, Jaygup, or KJM. I would let them pick any or all of Wood, Gordon, Tate, KJM, Matthews, Nwaba and the #17 and the Milwaukee pick to move up to 7. Of course, if they will give you less that would be great. I just don't see it.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It can work as two seperate deals. They have $20 million dollar trade exception for CJ Mccolum. So we could do something like .

Gordon for Bledsoe #7. Wood for second round pick and exception. Whatever other fillers necessary.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What is this about. Starting at the relevant part of the video

D-rock likes this.