1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Movie] Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 23, 2022.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Following its leak online over the weekend across social media, Paramount Pictures has released the first trailer for Christopher McQuarrie’s “Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One”.

The seventh overall film in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise, regulars Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Simon Pegg and Ving Rhames return in the new adventure which saw the production filming in Rome, Venice, Norway and the UK. Joining them are first ‘Mission’ returnee Henry Czerny as Eugene Kittridge and Vanessa Kirby back as the White Widow from the sixth film.

“Agent Carter” star Hayley Atwell leads the new faces which also include “Guardians of the Galaxy” actress Pom Klementieff, Esai Morales as the villain, and the likes of Cary Elwes, Shea Whigham, Indira Varma, Mark Gatiss, Rob Delaney and Greg Tarzan Davis in supporting roles.

The $290 million budget film is the first of a two-film story that is expected to mark the final screen outings of Tom Cruise’s Ethan Hunt character. Filming on the second part commenced in March and is expected to run through the rest of the year.

“Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One” opens in cinemas July 14th 2023.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/teaser...niYILtocUNooWVHGHnM5fwNieHp6ikmeMcHd15644FVVU

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

New stuff from the old guys

Where's my Bond crossover? Multiverse!

TBH, this looks really good. I haven't seen an MI film since the second one though.

boomboom and DreamShook like this.
  3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Is Tom Cruise just an action trailer in human form? Is that the next stage of Scientology Leah Remini missed before she turned into a non-racist Spike Lee villain?

Jontro, ROCKSS and DreamShook like this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The third one is solid but the series really found it's footing with Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, the fourth film overall.

Christopher McQuarrie took over on the next film and took it to another level, I've really enjoyed them....

boomboom and FrontRunner like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's up to Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, and John Wick to give us action movies that aren't Marvel or DC.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marvel has really destroyed the action economy. Save us Tom.

TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  7. droxford

droxford Member

LO
    You're missing out! MI2 was the worst of them all

GRENDEL, boomboom and Xerobull like this.
  8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Tom Cruise is batsh!t crazy...but GD, I do love me some MI:3 and on. Absolutely love these movies...will rewatch them over and over.

The trailer looks awesome. I love the cinematography and the locations where they shoot. They do an excellent job of showcasing different parts of the world in dramatic fashion. Plus, Vanessa Kirby...yummmmm.

#8 boomboom, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    cmoak1982, Rocket River and GRENDEL like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE rarely disappoints in the Action Genre

Rocket River

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

July 2023? We'll all be dead from that Monkey Warts virus by then.

ROCKSS, Kim and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

So true. The first two movies pale in comparison to everything since.

cmoak1982, GRENDEL and boomboom like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

will watch front row

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You've missed out. They've been good-to-great.

FrontRunner and Jontro like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

tom cruise is really something else.

also sir ian mckellen was 60 yo when he did the first lotr and tom cruise is 59 yo doing action scenes in addition to his tom cruise action running. it'll be another 30 years before tom shows his age

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. Surfguy

That row is reserved for people who forget their glasses.
    [​IMG]

#15 Surfguy, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  16. Surfguy

Tom should have multiple Oscars at this point. I hate the way these awards shows pretend to reward the best actors. Here Tom is doing all his own stunts making it as exciting and believable as possible. And, he’s passed over for awards like he’s some inferior actor. He’s actually the greatest action star that ever lived and all he’s going to have to show for it is a lifetime achievement award at the end he’ll probably never get because he dies doing one of his own crazy stunts. I know he’s been nominated for an Oscar three times but it wasn’t even for his best work imo. People don’t seem to get he’s the greatest actor there ever was or will be. The awards shows have a screwed up measuring stick for what constitutes a best actor imo. None of them can top what Tom does or brings to a movie. He’s all in and deserves that statue multiple times already.

boomboom and Jontro like this.
  17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This looks great........Tom Cruise is a bad ass, hate all that Scientology stuff but love him in action movies. I look at guys like Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks as like our generations Cary Grant and Rock Hudson or Newman and Redford

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

@Xerobull ... Have you had a chance to watch the other MI movies?

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not yet. Thanks for reminding me.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

fuuuu seing this thread again gave me srs feels. i miss tom cruise already and the movies won’t be out till at least a year.

in wished they’d milk him dry and make him pump out 3-5 movies a year until he can’t move again. then even after that make him play like a steph hawkins character.