1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want at 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, May 17, 2022.

?

Who do you want at #3?

1. P. Banchero

334 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. J. Ivey

47 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. S, Sharpe

10 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Other (Say in post)

23 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Trade for #1

30 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Yep, there is no perfect player. Stop overthink it and just pick best available and go with it.

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Any chance Sharpe moves into top 3?

Kid is freakish.

PeppermintCandy likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I've changed my mind yet again and I now have Banchero as my top guy I'd like to get. This doesn't have anything to do with fit with the team.

I just think that with his body, he's a good athlete (just not a super freak), and his playmaking skills he's just got too much going to pass on.

So if we are lucky and he's there at 3, he'd be my guy so I'm hoping the draft falls that way.

To be clear, I am still in love with Chet and Jabari and I really like Ivey and would be pumped to land any of them at three.

Regarding Banchero though, he reminds me of a 6'10" Cade. Not the greatest or most twitchy athlete, but the feel for the game and being able to handle the ball and play make at all levels.

He's not the athlete Giannis is, but I think he's much more skilled and has better shooting potential. Especially when comparing them at the same age.

I can just more clearly see the path to Banchero being talked about as one of the top 5 players in the game of basketball in the next 5-6 years. I see him as similar to Lebron and Giannis with them being big, tall players that can initiate the offense up top. He's not the athlete either of those guys is, but like I said I think his handles and playmaking are closer to Lebron, but height and size wise he's closer to Giannis.

Lots of people love Scottie Barnes and I think Banchero is a better prospect than him.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t know why people are relating this to Banchero and Sengun.

This could easily apply to Ivey having redundant weaknesses with Green, KPJ and JC…

Also Jabari has redundant weaknesses as Wood and Sengun — none are rim protectors.

Chet and Wood are both skinny and can be pushed around a bit.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah I don’t think he was referring to anyone individually just giving his insight. I think Stone has proven himself to being a really good evaluator of young talent and is not locked into anything at this point. He is looking at each of the scenarios in a more rounded way than just BPA or fit. He is roster building not just throwing darts at a dartboard. I think he will take whichever of the big 3 is available and then assess what to do with the rest of the roster looking out a couple of years.

xtruroyaltyx and saleem like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking, it more accurately applies to Ivey.

8. PeppermintCandy

He's very intriguing and definitely has the potential to blow up.
    I don't see the Rockets taking him, though.

The theory is to take the best player available, but it would take a lot of juggling to make a rebuild around Green and Sharpe work, I think.

D-rock likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree.

That’s what it sounded like to me.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m not gonna lie, if one of the three bigs is available along with Ivey and they choose Sharpe or some one else I’m going to be a little upset about that.

But I’d hope for the best of course.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Chet going #1 no doubt about that. Pablo going #2

PatBev likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

13. Rockets4Life13

Ivey is very clearly the most redundant of any of the top players in the draft. Can't really play PG, definetely can't play the 3.

Wouldn't love putting JG at the 3. So there's no real room for Ivey if the front office puts any value on KPJ.

Sharpe would have to absolutely blow them away in workouts to consider him so ultimately we will probably take any of the top 3 prospects and be done with it.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No doubt? Smith is literally the favorite in Vegas.

15. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

No shortage of strongly assertive statements with minimal insight or evidence on this site …

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Another poster correctly pointed out that KPJ hated playing as the SF in Cleveland. His catch and shoot is far superior now, so he could switch to the 3 in theory. I think Ivey has made good progress and I believe he will continue to do so on both ends of the floor. I wish he was a better passer. I'm okay with picking Paolo. He is a good passer for a big, and he can handle double teams. He is a good mid term prospect, better than Wood.

17. dmoneybangbang

We will get one of the top 3 bigs in this draft, the fit isn't immaterial but not as important. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a much different roster for 2022 as not only do we need room to develop young players but we got a few players coming up for contract.

I've never been down on Paolo, I just always had him 3rd because compared to Jabari and Chet, he seems to have a game more suited for the 2000s. However, the more I look into the more I like Paolo's playmaking and size.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You can hope that Stone was referencing those less glaring redundant weaknesses.

I'll just hope that Stone is smarter than that.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Eason works for Banchero too, not just Chet.

A little redundant with Jabari but I'd still do it.

comrade likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets should take Jabari in this scenario.

And Mark Williams.

Then trade EGo and 2023 Bucks FRP to Hawks for Jalen Johnson.

PG - 6'5 KPJ
    SG - 6'5 Green
    SF - 6'10 Jabari
    PF - 6'10 JJohnson
    C - 7'2 MW

With Sengun-Wood first off bench for instant offense.

alethios and Shark44 like this.