1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Do you mean "shouldn't" or do you mean "shouldn't be allowed to"?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ugh

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you read the tweet stream, his very next tweet references this WP article.

Screenshot_20220519-065501_Firefox.jpg

Isn't that the same guidance that has existed for months? I don't see any indication of anything new through searching.

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

all I said was "ugh." My "ugh" still represents my response, and nothing else. Ugh.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. bobrek

Sorry, I responded to your post instead of ATW's.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

no worries, I didn't click on the tweet or follow the tweet thread

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#13107 Commodore, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    larsv8 likes this.
  8. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Isn't this kind technology old news?

FDA approvied Abilify MyCite in 2017 that has an ingestible sensor that records when the medication was taken. The purpose is to check for compliance.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...ks-if-patients-have-ingested-their-medication

I can see technology being invaluable for those that can't track if they've taken their pills for the day. I have a friend in college who has bipolar disorder and severe adhd. She often forgets if she had taken her pills for the day. Accidentally taking a double dose is dangerous and not taking pills can affect her mood drastically. It was a problem. Sometimes the adhd was severe enough that she would take out her pills and still forget to take them and leave them on the counter if she got distracted.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andy Slavitt with sobering information-

B-Bob likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Andy Slavitt posts a lot of crap. That Bourla video is not from this year - he will only speak in a few days from now. And yes, the whole ingestible pill thing has been around - the concept is great, but one of the companies pushing that technology (Proteus) went bust despite having raised hundreds of millions and supposedly having signed huge revenue pharma deals. Founder is a Brit, still very full of himself.

11. bobrek

Wait...a tweet that references an old video? Who would dare reference tweets that rehash thing(s) that happened months if not years ago?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Facts change as covid mutates.

I likely caught delta over omicron months ago since my siblings caught covid recently and only had cough and minor flu like symptoms.

This means reevaluating vaccines within 6 months of infection or booster, and knowing the weaker the hit you got, the quicker immunity fades.

I just hit 40 so I'm likely gonna drag my feet, but 55 onward should be more strict with the rule of thumb.

I do think mortality drops are here to stay unless there's a years long lull so that it has the opportunity to hide and fornicate among other animals...

Right now, I consider covid a little more serious form of sniffles for immunized people under 60. You could still die from it like you could with staph infection or traditional flu, but the risk levels aren't panic inducing.

CCity Zero and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All aboard the Crazy Train!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I will be happy to report live from WEF so we can track if I have turned into a lizard person yet.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at two shows this weekend including a smaller venue that was packed literally wall to wall. I think I got felt up a couple of times at the bar. There were a few people who were wearing mask but most weren't.

I was feeling a bit nervous and in the last couple of weeks I've known a few people who have tested positive for COVID. All were vaccinated and boosted and all ended up having relatively light symptoms. For me I'm trusting my vaccination and feel that at least for Minnesota it's in the endemic phase where it's still spreading but for most healthy and vaccinated people it is going to be mild.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signs bills banning COVID-19 mandates

Arizona state health officials cannot mandate students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend school after state lawmakers passed legislation banning the requirement and Gov. Doug Ducey (R-AZ) signed it into law.

In addition to the legislation barring a COVID-19 vaccine being placed on the list of required school inoculations, Ducey signed a separate bill on Friday preventing state health officials from implementing face mask mandates in state or local government buildings, including libraries and courthouses.

The bills follow other COVID-19 legislation signed by Ducey in April that blocked government agencies from requiring proof of vaccination for employment and enforcing face masks for students outside parental choice.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Sounds like you had a good time...