1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Care About The Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just another night in Chiraq

pgabriel and tinman like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never claimed the government would take care of you. I do believe government can help.

You seem to be arguing that either it’s the government taking care of you or it’s human character. To address generational poverty on something beyond an individual scale it will take both.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was a shooting at McDonald’s in Chicago
    Back in the day that was sacred
    Kids got to get happy meals and adults get their mc Ribb
    @pgabriel

J.R. likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Oneidsue is ignored. That's the point of the thread

Liberals (not meaning you) have over compensated for racism by refusing to call out inner city crime Asa larger issue than a case by case situation. Poverty is as much a result of broken as homes as it is this nation's history

tinman likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do people think nobody is talking about the shooting in Chicago?

It's been all over the news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/live-updates/mass-shooting-chicago-10-shot/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nue-state-street-magnificent-mile/9852260002/

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-05-20/police-1-dead-4-wounded-in-chicago-shooting

It's getting tiring watching Republicans pretend that things aren't being covered simply because crap that resides in their party is also being covered.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think they dont understand that when we discuss trying to solve wealth inequality that is our showing of caring about the violence and crime in poor neighborhoods of Chicago.

Their entire motivation in discussing "black on black crime" is so they can stand on a high horse and b**** about how black culture is bad and how black men are bad at being fathers.

No attempt at solutions except b****ing about an entire race/socioeconomic class of people. It's obvious why they bring this issue up and it isn't due to being empathetic of other groups of people.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think we really need to start looking at white american culture and the problems it has.

I mean, every year we have problems with extreme racism, and problems we've had for over a century now. We have actual terrorist cells that the FBI had to break up because something about white american culture just breeds this racism. Why after a civil war, after segregation and jim crow, after civil rights, why are we still dealing with this?

In fact, if you look at the numbers, more of a % of white americans believe in extreme racist views than blacks are criminals, this could be a big problem one day, especially if one of these terrorists cells that operate in our country get what they want.

White people in America really need to start looking into their culture and why after all this time there's still so much racial animosity towards minority groups.

Xopher, FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

White culture needs more empathetic fathers.

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly there is nothing sacred about shooting up a McDonalds. While what happened in Chicago was bad it's not even close to the worst shooting at a McDonalds.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald's_massacre

tinman and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Here are a couple of things that will reduce fatherless homes (not limited to any race):
    1. Eliminate welfare. When mom can "marry the state" there is less incentive to keep dad around. If Uncle Sam is not picking up the bills, then the options are to be a single working mom and all the hardship that entails or to have someone in the home to be a breadwinner.
    2. Increased access to long term contraception that doesn't rely on being properly used. Condoms and birth control pills are very effective when used properly, but too many people don't use them properly. An implant, an IUD, a depo shot, vasectomy, and tubal ligation are all 99+% effective and require no or minimal upkeep.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Number 2 is a good solution. Number 1 will just result in more homelessness and dependence on the state. Unfortunately most of the fathers that abandon their families don't care about what happens to them and without state assistance those mothers have no chance of finding some kind of occupation to get back on their feet or afford daycare so they can get a job.

14. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah Member

https://www.minnpost.com/community-...rced-sterilizations-of-native-american-women/

What could go wrong?

https://www.history.com/news/birth-control-pill-history-puerto-rico-enovid

Also it's already covered by Medicaid.

https://opa.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/2020-07/consent-for-sterilization-english-updated.pdf

FranchiseBlade and rocketsjudoka like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Tomstro likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

90s hip hop addresses this issue
    Naughty By Nature’s song ‘everything is gonna be alright’ is a sarcastic title about a song about the fatherhood problem
    The problem is the woke D&D doesn’t know anything about hip hop and the message
    Except for @pgabriel and I
    We’re real

Nurse Johnson, is the mother still in the recovery room?
    Yes, Dr. Blair
    Okay, I'll go to the waitin' room and inform the father it's a boy
    I'm afraid there is no father, sir
    Another ghetto b*stard, huh?
    I'm afraid so
    Well, put him with the rest of the born losers
    All right doctor, a shame isn't it?
    Not a shame, a problem

Some get a little and some get none
    Some catch a bad one and some leave the job half done
    I was one who never had and always mad
    Never knew my dad, mother**** the ***

17. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Knock knock, this person is not black and never was.

18. RocketsDraftTV

trump offered to send the national guard into chicago and the politicians in chicago said we dont want help from a racist. lol

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

wouldn’t surprise me if OP isn’t even black and is a troll who looks to trash black people at every opportunity

Rocket River likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Maybe they think that's just not the right solution to a wealth inequality problem?

FranchiseBlade likes this.