1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Without digging a little your guess is as good as mine. Apart from Fox, Mitchell and Sabonis Im not too familiar with that squad. After a few minutes I may need them to include next years unprotected 1 as well. I know Im getting greedy, but #4 may not even be worth what I was thinking in hindsight plus future considerations which could look great from BKN. Im just looking at it as SAC being in a continual rebuild and there could be pressure to compete next year. Would they view the player at 4 as that piece or maybe installing a few decent vets plus future picks? I dont know. Just spitballing.

2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Part of me thinks a pick swap with Sacramento makes lots of sense. They don't need another guard, and Banchero is probably a piece they see as rounding out their future with Sabonis, Mitchell, and Fox. If we swap picks with them, I'd be looking for something like a unprotected swap next season using the Bucks pick and seeing if they're willing to do that.

Now I don't know that they'd go for that...but depending on how high they are on Banchero and what they're expecting this season, they just might. I think best case scenario for them is play-in, so you're probably looking 8-15 range next year, which should mean a pick 10 slots better than the Bucks at a minimum short of the wheels falling off the Bucks.

3. Landry's Tooth

Completely new thought... with Jazz needing some changes:

To Jazz
    John Wall
    JaeSean Tate
    #17 pick

To Rockets
    Mike Conley (expiring/ng)
    Royce O'Neale
    Bojan Bogdanovich (expiring)

Jazz move on from Conley with Wall... figure change of scenery move...

They then convert a 29 and 33 year old into Tate and a pick. They get a little youth injection in case Mitchell or Gobert gets moved in a retool.

Rockets use Oneale as their new Ariza... consistent 38% 3pt shooter and good defender... think Tate with a 3pt shot...

ipaman and ilias like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sounds fine to me.

5. saleem

An unprotected 1st round pick from Sac in 2023 sounds tempting plus Ivey with the 4th.

BMoney likes this.
  6. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Gordon and Wall for Westbrook, Nunn and THT.
    Wood and Tate for Wiseman, Moody & 28.
    Draft Paolo at 3, Liddell at 17, trade Nunn, Nwaba Matthews and 28 to Denver for 21 & Green and draft Hardy.
    Cut Westbrook and Green
    KPJ/Christopher/Vet
    Green/THT/Hardy
    Martin Jr/Moody/Vet
    Paolo/Liddell/Garuba
    Wiseman/Sengun/Vet

7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

You do an unprotected 2023 pick in a heartbeat. But I don't think they go for that. I think maintaining a pick next season but having a swap with us being able to use the Bucks pick for that swap, and them protecting that swap minimally (top-3 or something) is probably the most they'd be willing to do. And for us, I actually think that's a very good return as it would make that pick next year much more valuable.

The thing is, even if they improve, the rest of the West is getting much better. Pelicans, Spurs, Grizzlies, Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers, Mavs, Suns, Jazz, and Timberwolves are all teams I see staying ahead of them. I expect the Lakers to be better next season, and the only team I can see them leapfrogging here is the Jazz because they might implode. I also expect a better Blazers team, so chances are they'll be fighting for the 10th spot in the West.

If we do the swap, I sense the FO will go for Sharpe over Ivey. Stone spoke about ceiling and he's definitely a rawer, higher ceiling player so they probably see him as the SF of the future.

8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shark44 likes this.
  9. saleem

Thanks.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

CHA IN: Wood & Gordon
    HOU IN: Hayward & #13 (Williams or Dieng)

Is Wood and EG enough for CHA to give up their FRP?

charlieaustin and CHAMPBOY like this.
  11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm using this as a random trade idea brainstorming chalkboard lol ....

First, this one:

Next, is this outrageous?

#3, John Wall

for

#5, Jerami Grant, Kelly Olynyk, Cory Joseph

Flip Grant and maybe more to Portland for #7

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I only do that trade if convinced that Jerami Grant will be that much better than Paolo Banchero.

Because no one in this draft available at #7 is better than Jerami Grant imo.

saleem likes this.
  13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I love that trade

CarlosGM and DM'sVP like this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

Interesting that they aren't playing Kuminga. Wonder what it would take to get him for a "win now" player. Would likely take a 3 team deal to make it happen

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Would the Spurs be intersted in Gordon+Tate+17 for 9?

If they are still keeping Pop and liked the development of their young guys this season Gordon could be useful for them to make the playoffs this year.

Would you accept a theoretical Hornets offer of Wood+17 for 13?

D-rock likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes to either one. If they can get you someone that has a higher chance to be a starter or rotation player these next several years do it.

17. saleem

Please come up with a scenario. I don't think they will have interest in Wood.

18. saleem

I would accept that offer for Oubre's expiring contract plus Sochan. I would add Tate in there for the Hornets too. His defense and discipline can help them. The only reason why I would go after Sochan instead of retaining Tate is because of his considerable height advantage.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The Spurs trade is a no brainer. The Hornets trade in itself may not be the best value, but I value not having Wood taking development minutes from other players, so I would do it.

Bo6 and saleem like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I would be excited for either one, especially the Spurs.

Bo6 likes this.