1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2024 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is the clown car thread. that poll is perfect

2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

if you don't like this thread or its polls, you should start your own Democratic Candidates in 2024 thread :cool:

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is a list of a bunch of potential Democrat presidential candidates with the number of Democrat voters who would vote for them tallied up by candidate.

Interpretation? Everyone can provide their own interpretation.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook and MojoMan like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Adams should really focus on fixing NYC before he considers his next job.

Sajan and Blatz like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

Nook, MojoMan and J.R. like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I will oppose the election of a Republican demagogue, regardless, but if the Democrats truly can't find a more qualified and less geriatric candidate for 2024 then they are a failed party.

Nook likes this.
  9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Eric Adams has constructively accomplished more Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe BIden combined prior to their runs for president.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Liz Cheney is poised to lose her reelection bid for her Wyoming seat in the House of Representatives. But apparently she is at least considering running for President. Surely that will have to be as a Democrat, if she does it.

Liz Cheney Will Not Win Re-Election to the House but She May Run for President

The most controversial Republican in Congress will not win re-election to her House seat, but there’s a growing number of Democrats and Republicans who actually believes she should run for president.

Mind you, she wouldn’t have a prayer of succeeding. But the state of American politics and the Republican Party is so toxic that the prospect of Liz Cheney becoming a serious presidential candidate is not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Her high-profile role on the Jan. 6 Committee has given her a national platform to spout her warnings of doom and gloom about “insurrections,” which, in turn, has given her access to a nationwide base of donors.

Those donors have bankrolled her candidacy to the tune of $10.1 million — swamping her Trump-backed challenger, Harriet Hageman’s, $2 million raised so far.

What’s significant about the donors is that they ain’t from Wyoming.​

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Tulsi Gabbard vs Liz Cheney would be interesting. And yes I would vote for Tulsi - Diametric opposites with Tulsi coming out on top. Liz can go to heck

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just don't see any true competitor beyond Bernie or Warren
    Warren says she not running
    Bernie is 97 yrs old

Kamala cannot run
    Beto, Mayor Pete, Yang etc have no mass appeal and little charisma

Honestly Stacey Abrams - Would have had a legit shot *IF* she had won Georgia outright
    Still better shot than the rest

Rocket River

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It looks like Hillary may run as well. In fact, is there any point in a member of the patriarchy even attempting a candidacy for the Democrats this time around? Other than Bernie Sanders, of course. He is grandfathered in. Literally.

So this looks like it could be the early line up for the Democrats, if Joe Biden does not run for reelection, as I secretly suspect that he will not.

1. Bernie Sanders
    2. Elizabeth Warren
    3. Tulsi Gabbard
    4. Liz Cheney
    5. Kamala Harris

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Howard stern is queuing up for a possible run for president. He would be welcome to the contest. He sure would spice things up a bit.

Howard Stern says he may run for president, wants to end Electoral College: ‘Not f-----g around’
    Stern also said he wants to add five justices to the Supreme Court

In the wake of the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, shock jock Howard Stern said it may be time for him to run for president and revealed several things on his political checklist. "I’m actually going to probably have to run for president now," the SiriusXM host said Monday on the "Howard Stern Show."

Should he run for office, Stern said he would put an end to the Electoral College, a longtime subject of angst for liberals. However, as president he could not unilaterally do this."I am going to do the very simple thing that’ll set the country straight: one vote, one person," Stern said.

Stern’s radical aim to disband the U.S. electoral system was spurred by his claim that Donald Trump lost the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton. "A guy who lost the vote won the election," Stern said. "How long can we keep electing people who lost the election?"

At one point in the show, Stern claimed that the issue facing most presidents is that their agenda is too big. But Stern’s agenda is much smaller in scope, although vague. "The only agenda I would have is to make the country fair again," he announced, before segueing into criticism of the conservative Supreme Court justices.

Stern first singled out Clarence Thomas, who he described as a "dormant Darth Vader" waiting around for "other kooks" to join the Court. He also said that overturning Roe v. Wade was "horrible," citing women who find out their child has birth defects, women who are raped and the questionable quality of some forms of contraception. "The other thing is, if I do run for president, and I’m not f-----g around, I’m really thinking about it — because the only other thing I’m going to do is appoint five more Supreme Court justices," Stern said.​

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

California Governor Gavin Newsom, who recently was subjected to a recall election, which he won, is taking the first steps towards what looks like a possible 2024 run for president.

Gavin Newsom further stirs 2024 speculation with Florida ad buy

California Gov. Gavin Newsom raised more questions about a potential presidential run late Monday when his re-election campaign purchased roughly $105,000 worth of cable TV ads that will run on Fox News in Florida starting July 4.

The actual content of the ads isn't clear quite yet — Nathan Click, a spokesperson for Newsom's re-election campaign, said only, "stay tuned," when asked — but the act of purchasing ads in a state across the country naturally led to further speculation that Newsom may run for higher office in the near future, despite repeatedly saying that his focus remains on California.

As we've previously reported, Newsom has dramatically escalated his national posturing over the past month. It wouldn't be surprising if the content in the Florida cable ads was related to his recent antagonism towards Republican-led states.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Nook, FranchiseBlade and MojoMan like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. Newsome is far from perfect, but we've had budget surpluses throughout his time on office.

He's definitely a political animal well at home in the political machine and making policies based on politics and public opinion. But he isn't the worst by any stretch. I doubt he'd be my first choice, but I could support him.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It would be a breathtaking political blunder if you guys nominate Joe Biden again. Of course one of the distinguishing identity politics factors for Newsome is that he is a homosexual. If everyone starts piling into the race, he will very likely have to compete with Mayor Pete for the votes of people who put that as their top priority.

But honestly, I do not see anyone better for you guys on the horizon than Newsome.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So it doesn't matter one way or the other but Newsome is heterosexual.

Nook likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're reading the wrong political cartoons, buddy. Gotta get the real truth from GavinNewsomGayPatriotEagle.ru.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.