1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL did she actually try and backpedal at the end?

[​IMG]

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So how would the "Dems" message this that would be ok for you?

Call a press conference put it on twitter?

What?

I am not saying you are wrong but everybody criticizes the dems messaging but I never hear what people thiink would be the right messaging because I hear democrats talk about this stuff all the time on different shows.

What is the difference maker message that would move the needle?

I'm not calling you out, I just want somebody to go deeper than Democrats suck at messaging, how would you message that's not being done?

Should democrats get their own channel like Fox to amplify this stuff?

I listened to democrats talking about stuff like this all the time all the time on MSBNC and pointing out Republican hypocrisy daily.

It's plain to see for the last 4 years or so what messaging should they be doing that will penetrate?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should mention it at every interview make the rounds of news programs making it a talking point. Have all of their candidates running for elections mention this at their stops and make it a talking point. Doing mailings, fundraising which highlight this. Put it out on social media.

It needs to be unified and constant. Democrats never do that.

Reeko and No Worries like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So long as they don't protest outside of people's houses, it's ok to call for violence against your political enemies.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yes, we need to get back to the days where Congress does no meaningful work. There is always Hillary's emails to investigate!!! and I sure that Ben Ghazi needs more investigating as well.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They do that, I hear them doing all the time on MSNBC.

You can't tell candidates what to run on because they have to fit the message to the constituency.

Do you not think any candidates have not been talking about Republican hypocrisy? Do you think any voters don't know about republican hypocrisy?

The thing about Democrats is they don't do lock step which is why I am a democrat, I don't want the same message over and over like Republicans I want a candidate who is going to tell me how they as an individual will govern and make decisions.

Anyway, thanks for answering, it helps me understand the disconnect about what people want from democrats and what they are not seeing.

Where do you get your news from, or what shows do you think democrats should be on with this message?

It seems to me that a lot of democrats want our own fox news and for democrats to be more like Republicans just spewing talking points, I am not down for that but maybe that's what's needed to combat the republican machine?

I think it would turn off far more democrats than it would galvanize them, but that's my opinion.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They don't it effectively. They need to make specific references in short soundbites that attach labels to their opponents. It needs to be on more than just MSNBC. The reason why people like Elizabeth Warren gets labeled about the Native American thing when other Republicans lie and misrepresent themselves way more than she ever did. Democrats believing that everyone who will vote will take the time to actually research candidates and issues costs them. Make it easy to digest for the uninterested person. Make it ridiculous not to leave the house to make sure the WORLDS BIGGEST HYPOCRITE/LIAR/CROOK/WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT TO USE TO FILL IN THE BLANCK doesn't get into office. At the same time have an easy message about something the Democratic candidate will do.

I get my news from NPR, BBC, PBS, MSNBC, Fox News, Christian Science Monitor, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News. TheHill.com. Occasionally other sources if I want more research or there are links. I also routinely look at Wall Street Journal, or NY Times. Often I hear of a story one place and then Google the subject and investigate what comes up on the search, trying to go for the most trustworthy sources I see.

Reeko likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

When did the Democrats name Republicans that espouse Great Replacement Theory by name? They might have mentioned Republicans in general or percentage of Republicans.

But it is better messaging to start with individuals like Stefanik and trace it back to Steven King, Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, etc.

Then broaden it to Republicans in general. But name names. Hold them accountable. It is a strong move and projects leadership. It will resonate.

Reeko likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

the main hard hitting Dems are just people on Twitter with no political power

Republicans got all types of Ted Cruz, Gaetz, MTG, Trump, etc getting their message out on all major platforms, and doing it effectively…meanwhile prominent Dems on MSNBC…

the Dems in Washington are soft trying to play footsies under the table with Republicans

Biden apparently just realized recently that Republicans won’t work with him and can’t be reasoned with. Really dude? I could’ve told u that on election day.

out of touch

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the GOP has done since Trump lost the election is focus all their time criticizing and bad mouthing every single move Biden makes. Their whole focus is doing nothing but spread lies and propaganda. You still have them saying Trump won the election....LMAO. They cried about masks and said the pandemic was over for months, but say illegals need ousted because of the pandemic. They are walking talking hypocrites.

#2830 deb4rockets, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    VooDooPope and Reeko like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Biden had to say that. He was picked because he had policy positions that were as bi partisan or moderate as they came.

Biden himself might have been naive but I guarantee you everyone else around him especially Ron Klain wasn’t. Jill Biden doesn’t seem naive either. Barack Obama sure as hell isn’t naive at this point.

The big question is the infrastructure bill. Was there another big piece of legislation that could have gotten the votes to get passed in the first two years? The second big question was the filibuster, and we all know the answer to that which is why Biden was smart enough to know it’s an unmovable object in the Senate because of corruption.

On your first point I don’t know. Most Dems are harder hitting than you give them credit for but the problem is the corrupt system in the senate gives the power to literally two freaking people. So even someone like Liz Warren as prominent as she is, is in the end just a “hard hitting Dem on Twitter” while corrupt ass Joe Manchin is going to be 90% of the political conversation any time a bill is needing to be passed… and Joe Manchin will literally create a perfectly fine bill himself… then vote against his own bill. That’s the kind of sincere person who holds pretty much all the power in the Democratic Party.

The answer is to pick up two Senate seats in November and hold the House. Of course two more Senators will be hounded with dark money to try and manufacture two more Joe Manchins and Kirsten Sinemas but I take it the primary process has cleaned up any candidates who are going to get elected to go do absolutely nothing but make millions off of lobbying deals and insider trading… but we thought that of Kirsten Sinema so who knows.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I sure hope this is her only term. She is a pathetic and toxic excuse of a woman. Once that baby is born she could care less about the needs of the baby or the mother.

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Another way of looking at it is a majority of Republicans in PA supported either a day time talk show host with no experience in government and no track record or philosophy or a January 6 insurrectionist who was part of the mob that day.

Seems pretty on brand for Republican voters in 2022 actually.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For those criticizing Biden for not being hard hitting enough one reason a lot of people voted for him was because they felt he was going to try to unite the country and not spend his time insulting and condemning political enemies. Consider how little he even mentions Trump in most of speeches.

I still think that is best route for him to take. There are plenty of others who can attack Republicans.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

#2836 dc rock, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    jiggyfly and JayGoogle like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

why do Repugs want to protect those with the economic power to gouge gas prices only when the POTUS is a Dem?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because they are BEING PAID OFF BY those same gas companies....

Make Lobbying illegal and they will come around...

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would say "Hey, she's just some state rep so whatever..."

But, we had senators question the legality of contraception AND a SCOTUS judge.

It may be a while from when they actually do it but make no mistake about it, if they defeat abortion rights they will have to get angry about something. It'll be gay marriage and then after that contraception.

The radical Christians can't win in the battle of ideas and so have to force people to follow their rules.

JuanValdez likes this.