1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Agreed but they were definitely expecting more from James Donuts! The whole "needs a full offseason under his belt" business was a crock. James has been in the league to long not to have been able to acclimate within maybe 5 to 10 games.

2. Asian Sensation

Reading this thread from the page 1 is pure comedy gold. Buncha fcking idiots that don’t know shiiiiet and never listen.

Salvy likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

Reading some of the gems from the just the first few pages of this thread

[​IMG]

Lol f*ck off you idiot Harden fanbois! I always get the last laugh. No wonder why you losers hate me. Stupid is as stupid does.

4. verysimplejason

Just tell them, "I told you so...". I always said that Harden's not screwed correctly in the head. He's got all the tools but not the head.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

He got regular season dues thats prob enough.

Warriors are the darling cuz they deliver and the org itself is run right. I mean how you take a career underschiever like Wiggins and turn him into an allstar and Luka stopper? Kevon Looney? Jordan Poole? Nobody knew these dudes and GSW made them good players.

IMO they're the best run org in the entire league.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I suppose CP and Booker quit on Monty then too.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Great players lose in the playoffs all the time, every year.... Every year it will happen again all over... Difference is Harden for some strange reason is hyped up by you guys all year round knowing damn well Harden is just not built for it. He is the only player in the league that despite doing the same thing over and over and over again a group of super fans still come up with ways to excuse him from his loss and bombard everyone with cherry picked stats and brain gymnastics on how Harden is actually not at fault or not a choker... Which he is, If ya'll wouldn't say anything and just accept reality no one would even care and Harden's choking and quitting would go by quietly. But your question is did CP and Booker quit on Monty...

Well, I haven't seen reports of Booker and CP forcing their way out of Phoenix and throwing the team under the bus by saying they aren't good enough. Essentially forcing their franchise to collapse in one day and making the Suns rebuild. I haven't seen them just simply not care and create a toxic environment all while making management bring in Westbrook for a better player than them. Maybe they will follow in Harden's footsteps in the future, for now they lost....... Tomorrow maybe the will win, Harden thou..... You already know how that story will end and next year. And the one after as soon as he quits on Philly too.....

#3089 Salvy, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  8. RocketsDraftTV

cp3 is a great player, but why do we look past how many 2-0 leads in the playoffs he has blown. like pat bev said why all the slander for harden but not cp3. cp3 also said once upon a time that he only wanted to play for a black coach, isnt that that reverse racism. both cp3 and harden both lost in the conference semifinals and the suns arguably lost in more embarrasing fashion. the heat were the number 1 seed. what was the suns excuse

#3090 RocketsDraftTV, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    jiggyfly and DatRocketFan like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Great players lose all the time but apparently harden is graded on a different scale and is deem a choker.

Mental gymnastics by dem harden haters is always astounding. Folks hype Harden when he was with us bc he played for our team. Folks hope he do well cause he used to play for us, everybody realise there's no guarantee to winning.

If u hate him even after he left then u r just a big weirdo.

Here r some of folks u haters praise to sht on harden.

Damian Lillard is so clutch = gets his ass handed to him by gsw vis sweep and has gotten his team nowhere

Cp3 praised for having heart = get his a$$ pounded by lower seed luka and have a record of blowing playoff series

Luka praised for being the better harden = is about to get pounded by gsw.

Butler? Unless a miracle happens he looks like he's gonna get smashed by the powerhouse celtics and has yet to win it all

Bottom line if u hate a player enough u can always btch about him choking cause very few wins it all.

jiggyfly, ksny15 and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Literally nobody cares what you think, lol. Predicting that the sixers will be one of the 29/30 teams that don't win a championship isn't impressive, it's moronic.

That's like calling everyone an idiot after predicting the sun will rise tomorrow morning. Lmao.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden has some of the absolute worst perfomances ever in the playoffs. Possibly the worst perfomances ever by a star. Its not just that he lost, its how..... Your love has blinded you....

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He predicted that Harden would flame out of the playoffs by seriously underperforming relative to his regular season. That happened, didn’t it?

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not only that but @Asian Sensation stood by his prediction despite the army of Harden defenders insulting and trying to belittle his opinion.....

They on the other hand started swaying,

"he lost a step" "he washed" "Embiid" "Doc Rivers" "MDA" "Not fully healthy yet" "no shooters around him"

All that after talking mess for months when he got traded, I mean they pretty much proclamied Harden a champ and all time playoff great...

Maxgx, cheke64 and Asian Sensation like this.
  14. durvasa

I don't have intense hatred for Harden like some do here, but I've long maintained that he's a different level of player in the playoffs. The drop off was predictable. I didn't watch much basketball this season, but the few games I did see of Harden was indication enough that he wasn't going to rise like a Phoenix in these playoffs and lead the the 76ers to glory, as some may have dreamed. He's a skilled playmaker and can still be a valuable piece to a championship team, but he's clearly a supporting player now.

Milos and roslolian like this.
  15. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

That’s kind of all irrelevant to what I was talking about.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Warriors can still get their recognition while Harden should’ve won another mvp or two and should’ve been more recognized for carrying us to top seeds and putting up some of the most ridiculous performances in history.

He got that for media light for two, maybe three years but that was it.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's just age & injury, he's sliding down (up) the washed scale. Not conspiracy against Doc Rivers or something dumb like that.

He peaked in 2019 during that insane run (for which he was not awarded MVP, but whatever) and it's 3.5 seasons later at this point.

It's ironic because Giannis' season this year was way better than what Giannis did in 2019, narrative bites both ways I guess.

It would actually be almost better if players were limited to 1 career MVP? Or at least 1 every X years? The problem is so many guys put up MVP caliber seasons now that literally blow away most of the seasons put up by guys in the past and it feels like they're not properly rewarded.

17. durvasa

Rewarded in what way? Harden has of course been richly rewarded, contract-wise. Coming up second in an MVP race should be seen as recognition of a great season. Coming up top 2 or 3 in several years, as he has, is an impressive accomplishment.

I don't think winning an MVP award and still losing in the playoffs is going to matter much for his legacy down the road versus coming up second in an MVP race and eventually losing in the same manner.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Im not a Harden hater either, he is one of my fav players. My issue is his fan base, I understand the LeBron, Giannis, Curry fans.... These are proven all time greats and champions. For some reason Harden's super fans love to put him next to all time greats without ever doing something great in the post season....

They literally watching the playoffs right now wishing Butler, Curry, Luka flame out so they can say "see, are they quitters? They choked" knowing damn well Harden is playoff trash....

Harden still does have tons left in the tank, he can get you a 1st or 2nd seed easily just know he will shut down when the bright lights are turned on...

If he is willing to come off the bench for Bucks to play with Giannis and Middleton I seriously believe he gets a ring....