1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading #3 for #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilias, May 19, 2022.

?

What would you add on top of the 3rd pick to move up to #1?

1. Nothing, happy to stay at 3

63.1%
  2. 17th pick in this draft

21.0%
  3. 1 Nets pick

8.7%
  4. 2 Nets picks

2.1%
  5. 2 Nets picks and 1 swap

0.5%
  6. 2 Nets picks and 1 swap

0.5%
  7. 1 Nets pick and 1 swap

4.1%
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Read this slowly

You clearly are randomly picking and choosing when a pick should be described by the original team or the acquired team. Just admit you got it wrong and move on with life. This ridiculous effort to stick by nonsense is silly.

2. ilias

ilias Member

A Banchero / Wembanyama frontcourt would be fire. Worth an extra year of tanking.

Chuck Nevitt, D-rock, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao at wrong. Says the guy who doesn't understand who owns the actually pick. gtfoh. no wonder you have no damn clue what you're talking about

what you just replied to isn't picking and choosing. it;s actually what happened. classic cf's and their idiotic posts

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If the rockets are meh on Paolo I would imagine we’d take Ivey at 3. If we thought Murray was right there with Paolo and Ivey, maybe then we’d be willing to move back a couple spots, but I’m pretty confident we’ll either move up or stay at 3. Stone is the kind of GM who wants his guy; I don’t think they get too cute with the #3 pick.

xaos likes this.
  5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Who owned the 2018 "Lakers" pick?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets did. They got harden with it. you'll probably believe that

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

We are done here. You are as wrong as wrong can be but won't admit it.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

the only person wrong is the guy who doesn't understand who owns an actual pick. clearly that's you

be gone. that was one of the worst back and forth's on such a simple topic with someone so clueless

the rep ratings seem to be pretty accurate these days. I should probably take that into account more these days. unfortunately cf's has reached that point as of late

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Says the guy who wouldn't answer who owned the 2018 Lakers pick because he knew it would blow up his entire ridiculous position.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean it clearly says who owns it in the post, posted several times now. But someone so clueless doesn;t see that. lmfao. looks like you didn't read it slow enough

Philadelphia is also sending the 2018 first-round ‎pick it owns via the Los Angeles Lakers

LOL must be too many words

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Trade 2 lottery tickets for 1? No thanks.

jcmoon, don grahamleone and xaos like this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I guess I must have gotten confused when you referred to it as the Lakers pick when you first brought it up. I know YOLO would never refer to a pick owned by another team as the original teams pick. Not after how incredibly confused you were when I said Sacramento's pick.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah that's just you not understanding who actually owns the pick and trying to backpeddle when you clearly didn't know the full details of the actual deal

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

It depends on the draft

Id rather have luka than trae young and an extra pick

verysimplejason likes this.
  15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You right. I originally thought Philly traded Sacramento's pick that Philly didn't own because that's totally a thing NBA teams can do. I think the Rockets are looking into trading a Sacramento pick that they don't own this year too.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah just like the rockets own that lakers pick you asked about earlier. It was crucial to get harden. Totally a thing

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Totally. Thanks for clearing up that rule for me.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Precisely!!

3nD guys are the key to ANY NBA team. The thing in this draft is that there is an elite one who will go top 2. Oh well - we won't get him.

I'm quite ok with Banchero, who has a super high ceiling, but also a chance of not working. Trading up to get Chet or Smith is risky. Pass and find 3nD guys!

D-rock and Juxtaposed Jolt like this.
  19. verysimplejason

I don't like Ivey just so because Rockets got Green already. But who knows, small ball thrive. I'm not high on Banchero. He's not the missing link. I hope it's Jabari.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Curious what everyone else would think of this:

for

2023 Milwaukee 1st (unprotected)