1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let’s focus on #17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, May 18, 2022.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would love Noel on this team.

ArtV likes this.
  2. ball king23

ball king23 Member

you guys think Mark Williams from duke is a fit at 17 or you guys sold on dyson at 17 or is Keels from duke an options

3. steddinotayto

I think Charlotte will part with one of its two picks. They're definitely in that "we're not good enough to be elite but we're not bad enough to where we need to collect draftees" realm. Wood/Tate would be a pretty good addition for them as they can now rotate at center depending on the situation...Wood for offense..Plumlee for defense...

jcmoon and Aruba77 like this.
  4. steddinotayto

I think the consensus right now, after the combine measurements, is that Williams will be gone before 17. I expect Stone to use players and/or picks to move up to get one of Duren or Williams if Rafael sees the need to draft a center this year.

saleem, D-rock, ArtV and 1 other person like this.
  5. ball king23

ball king23 Member

for me I would not move the pick at 3 you get a premium players at 3 and 17 i would focus on moving up from that spot but it has to be for a player like aj griffin or a Jaden hardy or Caleb Houstan

6. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I've said before, Koloko's age/ceiling concerns are way overblown. He didn't play basketball in the US until he was 16-17, still became a 4 star recruit, and has improved dramatically every season at Arizona. His FT% is also better than any other mid-late 1st round big prospect. I'm buying Koloko stock.

That being said, I'd still rather go for a wing:
    • Eason and Brown have been discussed.
    • Jovic and Dieng have great offensive upside but look like negatives on defense at the moment.
    • Wendell Moore and Marjon Beauchamp give me Terance Mann vibes. Versatile floor raisers. Moore offers more playmaking while Beauchamp is more explosive play finisher.
    • Leonard Miller is looking interesting. The handle is legit at 6'11 with a 7'2 wingspan(!!!), natural touch around the rim + floaters + midrange, weird shot mechanics but the touch makes it work.. He's got vision and passing too. An unorthodox game thats kinda Siakam? Kyle Anderson? ...Scottie Barnes? (FSU was hot on Miller's recruitment).

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the Rockets should seriously consider Dalen Terry from the Wildcats at 17. His overall game is similar to Dyson Daniels and he seems to be faster than him. Both of them measured 6' 6 without shoes. Terry's wingspan is 7 ft. He has a standing reach of 8 ft 10 inches. He measured at 6'7 and and a quarter in shoes at the combine. His weight is 195 lbs.
    No need to move too high in the draft with a rising talent.
    @ApacheWarrior @D-rock

Joe Joe, sydmill, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  8. PWR

PWR Member

I brought up Jaylin Williams earlier. The more I see, the more I want him at #17 if Mark Williams isn't there. Perfect defensive role player and low-key playmaker at 6'10".

Jaylin (WIN) vs Chet Holmgren and Drew Timme

Jaylin (WIN) vs Jabari Smith and Walker Kessler

Jaylin attacking Paolo Banchero for the dunk

D-rock and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

Mark Williams definitely is an option if he falls to 17, which seems unlikely. Dyson Daniels would be an amazing fit, he is likely to go between 10-14 imo. I'm not keen on Keels.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sure, anyone tall and can shoot. That's why I'm
    pushing for Patrick Baldwin as well.

Annoying ankle injury hampered his season....
    that and being a one man team facing double and triple teams every play all year.

ball king23 likes this.
  11. saleem

Bro, you know college ball more than me. How is Baldwin 's defense? Is he more than a 3 point shooter on offense?

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

He is one of the purest shooters. Unfortunately he was number 1, 2 and 3rd
    option with nobody college Milwaukee. That and a nagging foot injury
    kept him from getting his normal lift, movement (offensively & defensively).

He is on film losing track of his assignment on the perimeter....but so is
    Banchero once or twice as well.

Patrick Baldwin didn't have the luxury of open lanes created by AJ Griffin 45% (3P%),
    Wendell Moore 41.3% (3P%) and Mark Williams presence near the rim ready to dunk
    everything.

saleem likes this.
  13. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I think we should trade this year #17 pick for next year and use it as a trade adder when building our core next year.

Aruba77 likes this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

#17 and Wood to move up for Eason/Daniels/Sochan works for me.

smoothie likes this.
  15. kiwirocketsfan

How about Ousmane Dieng. It might be my NZ bias, but he seems to have the size and skill set that would compliment our squad.

16. VoR

VoR Member

Considering Christopher's growth, where would y'all put him in this year's draft if he would be drafted this year? I'd say top 15.

Corrosion, jcmoon and saleem like this.
  17. saleem

He should be under consideration too. He isn't ready for the NBA right now. Another year with the Breakers should do him a lot of good.

18. saleem

Thanks Apache.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or another player with more value, like Tate or EGo.

saleem likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree.

If Rockets like Daniels then Terry should be on the table too.

Very similar players. I think Terry has better jump shot mechanics as well.

And another name is Leonard Miller, similar skills but longer more explosive and has a better 3ball.

Joe Joe likes this.