1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Care About The Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

i just told you

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who's thinking that way? If you noticed, I said racism plays a role in the conditions that increase the crime. Not that white people are to blame. Are you over-sensitive about these issues?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you saying that the solution is to have a good dad?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tupac wrote about this in his song Dear Mama

Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
    No love for my daddy 'cause the coward wasn't there
    He passed away and I didn't cry
    'Cause my anger wouldn't let me feel for a stranger

5. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah Member

Based on what though? Like if the treatment of black people was considerably worse a 100 years ago compared to today then it would make sense to me that black families likely struggled even more back then too.

Consider a hypothetical scenario where you're a black man that's a father of three in 1922 in Alabama given a vagrancy charge. You're unable to pay off the fine and court fees and are subject to pay off your debt through labor that goes on for years and years. Except they mistreat you to the point where you're literally worked to death a few months into your service. Your family name is ruined as you're now viewed as a criminal based on bunk charges, your wife is now a widow and your kids are now without a father. You were a great family man taken out based on the environment of growing up in Alabama in 1922. You say families were stronger back then. I ask again, based on what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black...ted black people's,at a job whites recognized.

https://www.pbs.org/tpt/slavery-by-another-name/themes/peonage/

Like if your claim is black men didn't leave families back then like they do now, it doesn't really matter if laws and culture back then were so heavily skewed against you that you could be forcibly removed from your family for forced labor anyways. How does that not destroy a family environment?

#65 RocktheCasbah, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
    JayGoogle likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We aren't blaming black on black crime on white people. We are blaming it on this:
    "Median Value of Wealth by Race FF(03.11.2019) | Tax Policy Center" https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

Which was caused by white people of the past for multiple centuries. We are telling modern white kids to be ashamed about this stuff. Seems like a straw man. The right-wing constantly uses to dismiss these arguments.

Everything you listed about fatherless households stems from that wealth divide and the drug war. You posted symptoms of wealth inequality and excess incarceration. You didn't list solutions or root problems.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

More fathers in homes. Not arguing about it. Go start another thrreqd on whatever you're talking about.

tinman likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nut up and Shut up.

-Tillman's tentative book title on raising a VP to a fabulously successful sports franchise.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I understood your point. My point is when other posters do this same thing here you're not here to remind them that it isn't cool to do...

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You really should have read his post. His point was how could families be stronger when facing so many hurdles before them to actually succeed?

The whole idea that black families were 'stronger' 100 years ago is laughable. It's literally the same argument that people used in FAVOR of segregation lol. Literally. The exact same.

It actually amazes me how many arguments you make mirror arguments made by the most racist people in history. Just like the buffalo shooter guy literally had a whole section dedicated to black crime, using the same arguments you make here, that you don't see how these arguments are encouraging racism and stereotypes is either ignorance or on purpose.

That you get offended when people use this same rhetoric on hispanics but then sit here and use this SAME rhetoric against black people and go "Why is everyone mad?! I don't get it..." is amazing to me.

RocktheCasbah and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't know how a kid goes about getting a good dad. Basically it's a "not my problem" is the solution.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You know what has been missing around here?

Another Pgabs thread about Black on black crime.:rolleyes:

Invisible Fan and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Oh so you do blame white people. But then you are always blaming white people. The victim mentality at work. It’s not good for anybody. You think all or most white people inherit wealth? Houses? I remember how racist you are now. Thats right. ALWAYS slamming whitey. Always with the brainwashed victim mentality.

I will ask again. What % of black families are single parent?

that IS a problem AND it also can be a big solution. Two working parents, earning 2 paychecks, paying bills, and raising children. That is a solution to mass poverty. Always has been. Thats exactly what my wife and I do.

tinman likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you probably missed the brilliance that is @tinman 's poetry

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@RocktheCasbah

We have qctual statistics . You can hypotheticalize black men out of homes but actual statistics show more started in homes. Period

As much misery as blacks suffered you can't hypothesize that many out of homes

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

yes.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

jaggy

tinman likes this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Not at all. Maybe I misread. Seemed like you were saying that white people are somehow responsible