1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If it comes down to The Dubs and Mavs, who are you guys rooting for?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, May 13, 2022.

?

Who are you rooting for in the possible WCF between the Warriors and Mavs

1. Warriors

28 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. Mavs

72 vote(s)
    50.7%
  3. Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

42 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Uh...Dallas is not in Texas last I checked. It's South Oklahoma

htwnbandit likes this.
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I understand what you're saying, plus it gives the Mavs two championships (matching the Rockets) and those two rings would be way more respected. Beating the first year of the Heatles with old school vets (along with stopping the potential 3-peat Lakers and baby Thunder trio) followed by the next one knocking out a dynasty would be legendary for that franchise.

But I dont know if you can fight it. Luka is just too good and so young. Players will want to go there regardless. He's the new and improved Harden.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Neither. Rooting for Heat

htwnbandit likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

neither is the correct answer

dmenacela likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't like any of these teams because :

Dallas .... is Dallas.
    Golden State .... I'd like to like, but nah, too many knees, illegal screens, cheap shots, and basketball flawsufer Draymond, etc.
    Boston .... I hate Danny Ainge and Jerry Sichting.
    Miami .... blue collar team I'd love to cheer for in a city I can't stand for some reason. I don't know if I can cheer for anything in Florida except NASA and the seafood.

The teams I'd least like to win a ring are Golden State and Dallas, though.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Im pretty sure danny Ainge works for the utah jazz now

7. worldlyman

worldlyman Member

How would the Mavs' potential "two rings...be way more respected" than the Rockets? It doesn't matter what Mavs' fans would think.

The Rockets are still one of the few NBA franchises with a back-to-back. The 1995 championship is still forever the most epic one of all time. They beat teams that won 60, 59, 62 and 57 regular season games en route to the Title...did it as the 6th seed with NO home court advantage.

As far as we know, Air Jordan still played in the tail end of 1995 (with a presumably fresh body and already averaging 31 pts per game)...and his team still got bounced by the team that the Rockets swept. We shall see one day if the Mavs bereft of home court advantage with low seeding (no home court advantage) can potentially sweep someone in the NBA Finals. We shall see if they can win back to back some day. :)

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Because to the outside world Jordan was put those two years, so to the casual NBA fan (not just Mavs fans) who they brought down on the way to their first title run is more respected. If they do it against the Warriors and win another championship then that one would be too.

The fact us Rockets fans always have to throw in that Jordan 95 stat is proof enough the Mavs one championship is more respected. Everyone remembers them for knocking off the Heatles, after stopping the Lakers and Thunder before that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. verysimplejason

GSW... Just because everybody's hating them and yet trying to emulate them. Rockets should learn on how to draft better from them and how to get diamonds-in-the-rough players. They just have 1 top 5 pick for 2 decades but look at how they thrive.

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

As much as I hate to say it, it's GS. Like I said in my other post, absolutely NEVER Dallas under any circumstances, no matter who it is.

Someone else said they can't fathom the thought of a Rockets fan rooting for the Warriors. I can't fathom any self-respecting Houston sports fan rooting for ANYTHING Dallas. The insufferable Luka fellatio by the sports media and on social media in general makes the Mavs' downfall if they lose that much sweeter.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. RocketsDraftTV

Ugh nobody’s trying to emulate the warriors style of play. Celtics and mavs play moreyball

also the warriors have had 3 lottery picks the past 2 years. The only reason the warriors win is because they spend more than any other team in the league. Routinely paying the super tax all of currys prime

12. verysimplejason

Are you sure it's Morey who didn't get a clue on GSW? Besides, who got the championship? Morey hadn't even tasted half of it. GSW got 4. I can't understand why you'd rather emulate a loser than a winner. :confused: At least GSW, apart from Durant in the past were paying for home-grown talents and unwanted talents that grew in GSW system. Fans would be very amenable to pay the price. Why do you think GSW can afford to pay? Do you think Rockets or any other team will refuse to pay if it can sniff even a thread of championship?

13. RocketsDraftTV

highest payroll in the league, thats why they win. Also they have the refs in their pockets during the playoffs

they had 3 lottery picks in the past 2 years. wiseman, kuminga and moody. So it hasnt been all roses for the warriors. they just outspend everybody

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. verysimplejason

Can't Rockets or any other team do the same? Why can't other teams overpay? I remember the Lakers doing it in the past as well and Miami. 76ers got more 1st picks than many other teams in the last 10 years. What's your point? Refs? Where are your proof? If that's even the case, why did Rockets or any other team file a case with the NBA owners and commissioners? Please don't let unfounded bias cloud your judgment. Accusations without proof is just a lie.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This is false.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's a shame that constant misinformation isn't a bannable offense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

Board welcomes all hoop fans.

@wekko368 , not picking a fight... more curiosity, between Rockets and Warriors, which team do you cheer for more?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Given that I joined this board before you, it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I shouldn't be the only one speaking out against misinformation, but since the misinformation mitigates the Warriors' success.....who cares, right?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

People can join for any number of reasons regardless of when. Lot of us also lurked long before making our first account. People can also have 2nd/3rd NBA favorited teams after the Rockets. Based on other threads, you seem very pro-warriors.

Disgrarding the Ref comment, which I read it as more of an opinion. @RocketsDraftTV is correct in saying GSW do spend lot of money on their team.

Highest NBA Team Salaries of 2021-22 https://boardroom.tv/nba-team-salaries-2022/

#1 on the list is Warriors
    1. Golden State Warriors: $184,024,769
    Estimated luxury tax bill: $170,331,206
    Salary on the books for 2022-23: $209,273,363​
    22. Houston Rockets: $131,228,440
    Est. luxury tax bill: None
    Salary on the books for 2022-23: $141,507,452​

Highest paid player. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/average//
    Currently Steph is #1 in the league.
    #1 Curry - $53,838,416
    #2 Durant - $48,554,830
    #3 Giannis - $45,640,084

Highest paid team and highest paid player.

When Harden was in contention, we probably wanted our owner(s) to spend more too. GSW paid a premium to keep that team together.

#119 TimDuncanDonaut, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I am pro-Curry but first and foremost a Rockets fan.

Look at the Warriors' championship years and their payroll during those years. You'll see that @RocketsDraftTV is incorrect in his claims that the Warriors only won b/c they outspent everyone and that they routinely paid the super tax during all of Curry's prime.

hakeem94 likes this.