1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Hornacek and Will Weaver - NOT returning for 2022-23 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 17, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hornaceck-Good Riddance
    Weaver-Always seemed like our best coach

3. PWR

PWR Member

Good! Now, get rid of Silas, then bring in a winner...
    [​IMG]

Get Laimbeer in here.

hakeem94, Entropy and Jontro like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our coaching staff just got a lot less sturdy

The potential for an improvement in rhythm is through the roof though.

Williamson and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

sad to see jeff horny out. was hoping he’d pass down the face rub free throw wisdom to the young guys

FrontRunner, giddyup and ElPigto like this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hmm. The Weaver thing strikes me as odd. I wish him the best. This one surprises me.

10. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW Hornacek seemed miserable coaching this group, not surprised if he didn’t want to be back.

Weaver wants to run his own team and can likely go elsewhere and get better experience than staying the Rockets. He can head coach overseas or be an assistant elsewhere.

Abdel has a backbone and is very well respected… maybe he can let Silas borrow his backbone when Porter or Wood disrespect him or when he feels like hanging his head at the podium.

Diop is a nice guy and bonds with the players so I’m not shocked he will be back.

I hope they consulted with head coach John Lucas before making this move because without Hornacek to scream and roll his eyes, Lucas is going to be screaming a lot more.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We're never going to be as difficult to coach as last season. Literally, we may never be that difficult to coach ever again, and probably never were in the past. Four 19 year old kids, KPJ and Christian Wood. Pressure from the top to lose. No consistent line ups. Covid peaking.

It's just going to be easier for Silas next season. Last season had to be kind of like a pre-training camp nursery. We had huge gaps of knowledge between the 19 year olds coming from 4 TOTALLY different leagues each, plus a spoiled player plus (from my eye test) a clinically bipolar one possibly with PTSD too.

I bet if we had insight into last season's training camp, it would look nothing like the average NBA team. Probably going back to basics way more. I'm looking at the next training camp as a sign of where this staff and this roster is headed. To be frank, I'm excited. I don't think we have major defensive issues in the young core, and I do think Silas is a good offensive coach and nice guy for players born in 2001 to feel confident communicating with.

Glad we're rid of that Jazz coach. It never sat right with me. I really want a title-winning former Rocket on the staff and role playing vets with rings in the rotation now. If we're talking about winning culture, that's where it comes from. From people who won it ALL.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

of course

D-rock likes this.
  13. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Didn't he saying he prefers WNBA. Something about them being better professionals.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Abdul Fattah - Straight Forward, Gives Direct Answers, Never gives Political beat around the bush answers.

Stephen Silas - Never sticks up to his players the whole year, got ejected at the end of season. Hates Alperen giving him 5 minutes, while Christian Wood half hearted jogs, never hustles, never sets a pick for Jalen Green.
    Stephen lets veteran players run the team.

Jalen Green being a 6th option most of the year. Alperen being a bench player the whole year.

No Accountability, Porter being a misfit threw a object at John Lucas.

The Head Coach needs to be Strict, Very Disciplined, Great Personality, Charisma, Great Leader. Team Basketball.

Ime Udoka, Willie Green have these qualities.
    Abdul Fatteh I think can be a Head Coach for this Rockets Team.

Many trades need to happen.

#54 rockets1995, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    aaquaa, Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, trades and/or firing!

rockets1995 likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Abdul Fattah is from Palestine, Musilm he is tough as they come.

Alperen Sengun, Usman Garuba, Hakeem Olajuwon are Muslim also.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Love JVG... But you said innovative/creative thinking

aaquaa and Plowman like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

more turnover for the organization. What a surprise

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Abdul Fattah is a big believer in avoiding mid range shots and post ups and preaches hitting the offensive boards hard and switching on defense.... he is more about it than Silas is. He is huge into analytics as well. He is a really positive guy that believes in holding players accountable. If he joins the Rockets bench, it will be a big win for Nix, because Abdul Fattah is a big supporter or his.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that would appear to be a contradiction.

xiki likes this.