1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2022.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

Scoot Henderson looks like a monster too. Not familiar with the rest of the prospects tho

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in that case i hope they didnt see silas playing sengun 6 minutes a night last year because of jalen, thus denying him of roy honors so thye dont skip rockets workout like mobley did last year

3. Rockets4Life13

I think it's next

He isn't even that underwhelming from what i've seen. I would be happy if we got him.with a 2nd rounder next year

4. Landry's Tooth

My bad, was wrong... one more year and then tanking is virtually meaningless...

xaos likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-first-projection-after-orlando-wins-lottery/

3. Jabari Smith - Smith still needs to develop in lots of ways but he's already a great shooter and switchable defender who plays with great energy. If he doesn't go first or second — and he obviously could — the Rockets will be thrilled to snag him with the third pick in this draft.

17. Dyson Daniels - Daniels isn't quite the prospect previous Ignite stars have been but is still a fascinating guard with size who can play with or without the ball. His jumper, at this point, is the biggest area of concern

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...d-size-too-good-for-magic-to-pass-up-at-no-1/

3. Paolo Banchero - Houston grabs a future star to add to its frontcourt to pair with 2021 No. 2 pick Jalen Green, one of the most electric young guard prospects in the NBA. Banchero was an All-American in his lone season at Duke whose playmaking and overall polish on offense at 6-foot-10 can add another exciting dynamic to this young Rockets core.

17. Dyson Daniels - Daniels has a chance to be the first G League Ignite talent taken in this year's NBA Draft after a strong one-and-done season with the program where he showcased himself as a do-it-all guard. Teams should find his ability to put the ball on the floor and create most impressive, and his defensive intensity and rebounding stick out to me on tape. Still some rough edges but has the skill, feel and frame to be a safe pick, especially in this range.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...raft-full-2-rounds-post-draft-lottery-edition

3. Houston Rockets: Paolo Banchero (Duke, PF, Freshman)

Houston's landing the third pick should make for a stress-free decision. Banchero would give the Rockets another creator to feature and a potential long-term replacement for Christian Wood, who will be entering the final year of his contract. With Banchero and Jalen Green, the Rockets would have two skilled scorers who can get their own shots from every level.

17. Houston Rockets (via Nets): Leonard Miller (Fort Erie International, SF, 2003)

You can already sense Miller rising on boards, and teams think there is a decent chance he will continue to climb during workouts. The intrigue over a 6'9", 18-year-old wing who can handle, use floaters, finish above the rim and hit threes seems to be growing by the week.

#1025 J.R., May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
  6. ktex

ktex Member

I guess I didn't realize how fvckng badly Morey got fleeced on that trade. My God.

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I did. You gotta problem with it?
    FE831D03-1AC5-40EE-946A-AAC16EB78DF3.gif

#1027 Houston77, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
  8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Why are people so concerned about immediate fit and having to choose between players? When teams think that way is when they make mistakes. Remember when PHX & SAC passed on Luka because they already had guards? We aren’t winning anything next year so you go BPA.

Weird how 2 months ago Paolo was the #1 pick and now we want to trade down from #3 to get away from him.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

True. But I'm pretty sure Wemby still gonna look crazy good a year from now..

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

They passed on Luka cuz they didnt know he was that good. Atlanta traded down to get Trae Young lol I doubt they passed on Luka cuz they already had guards. Nobody passed on Luka due to fit they just thought the talent diff between him, Ayton and Trae wasnt significant or maybe thought Ayton and Trae were much better than him. Vlade Divac has some sort of drama with Luka's dad so obv he passed on him.

We dont know who is the BPA thats the problem with going BPA. If you know who is the BPA then you should get a job in the NBA.

Milos likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They passed on Luka because Sarver was a U of Phoenix graduate and so was Ayton and they never brought anyone else to workout for them. Also yes wanted the ball in Booker’s hands more

12. mightybosstone

I just read an entire page of you being unnecessarily negative. We got it from the first 1,000 times you posted about it: You don't like tanking. But based on this page, I question if you even like the NBA at all. It seems like you just genuinely hate everything.

Last night was a good night, and most of us are excited about the possibilities of the young core and this pick. If you have nothing remotely positive or constructive to add, maybe keep it to yourself for once?

13. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

-_- sarcasm... He is sitting down and I don't even know what low waist is.

Nook and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No

15. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

I'm seeing some pretty weird takes on Banchero's defense.

His primary limitations are attentional and effort-based, not athleticism. Nothing about his physical profile or tape suggests that he can't effectively guard switches on the perimeter. Fluid hips, ability to get low, and quick feet are in fact some of the stronger pieces of his profile. He looks how he looks because he put on a lot of muscle between his senior year of high scohol and his first year at Duke, but he's more than fine in space on wings.

As an off-ball defender he loses his man in scheme defense sometimes (teachable). He blocks fewer shots and generally shows less effort on that end than you'd like, although a lot of scouts think a large part of that is the enormous offensive load he shouldered at Duke last year. Of course it's possible that the load-bearing explanation isn't right, and that's definitely a knock on him.

But it's probably important to be clear-eyed about his actual limitations rather than exaggerating them into things (athleticism) that are viewed as not fixable.

16. Landry's Tooth

Turned out pretty good so far...

Keep in mind, the pick swaps could be worthless since the Thunder are tanking too. Not sure if they can send us any of their pick stockpile than their own; but either way we still have a pick... in 2024 when they get the pick outright it might not be a lottery pick or close to it.

They will have a chance at a max free agent to pair with Green and this pick at the very least... then you see where KPJ, Sengun, Martin, Tate, Christopher, etc. play out...

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

As soon as I saw Sabonis, I just knew the Kings would be moving up. Even made a comment about it. I totally believe in positive player juju.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have a feeling our pick will be Jabari. I think the Magic will want an impact now rookie who can be a ROTY front runner and help them make a splash fast and I think Paolo is best suited in this draft to come right out of the gate producing at a high level.

With OKC I think Presti has so many draft picks coming up, and has so much freedom in OKC that Chet is the obvious pick for him to just swing for the fences.

I also would be prepared for OKC to potentially think about Sharpe too, and he's the type of unknown now where he could really change things in the draft in the next 4 weeks with individual workouts. If Presti thinks he's got the Kobe type of upside then I wouldn't be extremely shocked if Sharpe could be in play, and we're making a decision about Chet or Paolo/Jabari.

But logic right now tells me Jabari comes to us at 3. I know Jabari is ranked #1 in pretty much all mocks but knowing Orlando's situation tells me otherwise.

Milos and peleincubus like this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I could 100% see this. I think people are underestimating the chances of Paolo going #1.

jiggyfly, dobro1229 and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think there’s a possibility for sure.
    Jabari would be a nice consolation prize if Chet and Paolo went 1&2

D-rock likes this.