1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon vs Twitter update: Elon in Israel !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 26, 2022.

?

Who is for democracy?

1. Elon

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Twitter

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Chinese democracy by Guns N Roses

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There thing wasn't just fake but inactive as well

tinman likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Audit sw defines fake as “accounts that are unreachable and will not see the account's tweets (either because they're spam, bots, propaganda, etc. or because they're no longer active on Twitter).”

I wonder how they define active. I bet a huge a number of accounts are just there to see tweets but do not tweets themselves.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so fake accounts are real!
    i mean they are really fake

what about duplicate accounts?
    @Os Trigonum

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

rock the casbah

tinman likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, wow.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He voted for whoever would give his company stipends.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He's becoming more and more like Trump by the day.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

God forbid he runs for President....

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's not eligible.

Sajan and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He wasn't born in the US

Sajan and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Doh. Crisis averted

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I get what you're saying, but no. Trump appeals to the lowest of intelligence on the right. Elon is much more dangerous.

Ive observed Musk becoming more political over the last couple years. Its going to be interesting to see if he firmly aligns behind Trump or if he wages is own little battles on the sidelines against the Left. I can see him pivot hard behind a candidate like Yang.

Keep in mind Musk does not share the views of your straight ticket Republican candidate. He is not ultra libertarian. Like all the oligarchs, he will support the candidate who supports his views. The current Democrat leadership have not hesitated to put him in their sight. Democrats continue to wage stupid battles.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is pretty much the take home lesson

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I know a lot of intelligent people who voted for Trump - I'm related to some of them. They aren't the lowest of intelligence by any means. They do live in a bubble though. I think a lot of people have learned some unfortunate lessons from Trump in how to manipulate the media and play the victim card. I see Musk doing this now. The whole thing about complaining about Tesla not being in the S&P sustainability list but Exxon being in it was just bizaare. And then to relate that to a "leftist agenda" Really, standard and poor's? That's either cuckoo or a very deliberate effort to pressure S&P and play the victim card ala Trump.

I don't think Biden has put Musk in his sites. Democratic leaders - the real ones at least, generally cozy up to oligarchs when given the opportunity. I think what happened was that California came down hard on Teslas for worker conditions during COVID, as well as a few controversies at his plants, and that pissed him off. Maybe he felt that was a leftist attack. His reaction to it was really narcissistic though, and had he been more level headed in how he responded, it wouldn't have been a big controversy.

As for Democrats waging stupid battles, yeah, I see some, but I see that what often happens is some random person I never heard of before does something stupid and the right-wing media blows it up and turns that person into "the Democrats / liberals". The right has its stupids too, its just that their stupidity doesn't get a lot of attention.

Sajan likes this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Something about this whole Twitter saga is not sitting right with me. Musk is always 2 steps ahead. Everything is a distraction. For all we know he sold TSLA shares for some other reason and killed Twitter in the process.
    We have to wait for the next episode to find out.

19. PeppermintCandy

This move is pretty much from Trump's playbook.

He tweet-screams about the evil liberal agenda, and distracts people from addressing why Tesla got booted out from the index.

Which, from what I gather, has to do with investigations into racism and poor working conditions in one of his factories, questions of safety, neglecting to track carbon emissions properly, being ranked highly on an air polluter index, and investigations into the handling of waste and spent batteries.

I would hope that he would respond to these specific charges instead of making it out to be a "political attack" by the Democrats. But like Trump, I think he's figured out the social media game.

#1179 PeppermintCandy, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Musk should announce he is going to put the first black transgender female on the moon.