1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodged A Bullet Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 17, 2022.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Only in Clutchfans will getting the 3rd instead of the 1 or 2 will be considered dodging a bullet.

Never change my deluded cfans.net friends, never change.

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Every time I see these positive Holmgren comments I laugh so hard. That dude is a BUST.

maj21 likes this.
  3. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

With us #3, I more wished the Kings got the first two picks because they have the potential to screw up more than the magic and thunder

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can understand (not that I agree) the OP's point of view. IF you believe that Chet will be a bust and IF you believe that the Rockets FO would pick Chet with the #1 pick, then you would feel that we had dodged a bullet. Of course, those are two big IFs.

Like I said in an earlier post, all these guys have star potentials as well as bust potentials. It's funny when it comes to the draft, a lot of people act like they already know exactly how every draftee will turn out. That's quite delusional to me. Almost every year, there are at least one, sometimes two or three busts who many people feel are "can't miss" prospects. It just shows you how unpredictable this business is.

5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

If there is one thing a certain breed of poster can do, it is talk with absolute certainty about something about which they know nearly nothing.

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

What make you think Banchero won't go #1?

CarlosGM likes this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We still dodged a bullet with getting the 3rd pick over the 4th or 5th which we had higher combined odds of getting 4/5 vs top 3. CF usually likes to spin things a bit without being so direct. A topic pointing out how we dodged a bullet based on statistics wouldn't garner as much attention. Just be thankful we landed a 3rd pick and not 5th.

Sonicbun8, vince, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As a small ball 5 he would.

DaDakota and raining threes like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Chet may still fall to 3.

raining threes likes this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That's my nightmare, a true damned if you do, damned if you don't pick if there ever was one...

#50 forchette49, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
    vince and seclusion like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

i was hoping rox would fall to 5th so they can bust and go another year of the tank, sponsored by @hakeem94

Yung-T and DreamR like this.
  12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Where was Luka drafted?

vince likes this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

When you have a draft like this, sure you want the highest pick, but you can surely bet on a team or two to screw up. Hawks had Luka and traded him, the team with the 5th pick ended up with Luka because they were smarter. Celtics had the higher pick and opted to trade down and get Tatum while Philly made the mistake of drafting Fultz.

In these scenarios someone is going to have screwed up, when there is this much discussion about top 3 draft order we are likely to see someone with a bust. I don't think there are many drafts where the top guys all pan out. Especially when they are all bigs. Orlando is picking #1, they are not a great franchise and could very well screw this up. OKC has a history of making the right moves, but no one is perfect. I almost feel like a lot of pressure is lifted off of Stone and the Rockets because if they were picking first they'd have to pick the right guy. If we pick the wrong guy at #3 it is not nearly as bad, unless #4 is that much better. If a random guy that goes middle first round ends up being the best player which has happened numerous times, then its not that big of a deal because a lot of people missed on him.

#53 BallSoHarden, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    forchette49 and Easy like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Chicago Bulls have entered the chat.

Williamson and RKREBORN like this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Jabrari and Chet makes me think that….

coachbadlee likes this.
  16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Kobe was the 13th pick, Giannis was #15, Mcgrady was #9, Doncic was #3, Jimmy Butler was #30. The list goes on. There will be sleepers. Keegan Murray is one of them that should be mentioned in the top 3.

#56 BasketballMind, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    ApacheWarrior and bmelo like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

yeah I like Chet as a prospect but I have a weird feeling he will either break down or loses confidence before gaining size. And best version of Chet doesn't seem so good like best version of Jabari or Banchero… You just shouldn't draft center with top pick they are easier to score a home run later in the draft

ApacheWarrior and Jontro like this.
  18. photojoe

photojoe Member

No one knows what Orlando or OKC will do. My gut feeling is that one of Jabari or Chet will be available at 3 because of a surprise pick in the first 2. Based on nothing but my gut.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

If the Rockets draft Banchero I will support the guy to the fullest extent.....

but I hope we dodge that bullet as well.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I like Keegan Murray

Mavs just showed how they directed their attack against the smaller
    CP3 again and again. They took out the #1 seed like kicking one one leg
    of a table. Rockets could use Keegan vs smaller players all day in forced switch
    bully-ball action.

And Keegan shoots well enough to play off ball as Green, Porter, Sengun work.

Jontro likes this.