1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Lincoln Lawyer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Smokey, May 17, 2022.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My initial thoughts-

Hard for anyone to replace Matthew McConaughey.

Not sure why they made Lorna hot. She doesn’t look like someone who would be dating a tattooed biker (ex con?) like Cisco.

Edit - Before anyone craps on me. I’m not saying tattooed biker dudes with felonies can’t date hot chicks but from reading the books I always imagined Lorna to be a biker chick too (opposite of the professional Maggie).

#1 Smokey, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    clos4life likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Saw it, and it's far better than the film. McConaughey was miscast in a lousy movie. He's great, I'm a huge fan, but I've read the novels and the series, actually based on the second "Lincoln Lawyer" novel by Michael Connelly (they are terrific reads, btw), not the first, is vastly better. Didn't see this earlier, @Smokey, or I would have put in my 2 cents. This is my 2 cents.

clos4life likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

It's watchable.

Liked the Lead. The Prosecutor. Lorna. Wife. The Prosecutor is where the story should hover. He's interesting.

Did not Like the Laslow biker Dude. It didn't feel right. Especially with him marrying who should be the love interest. Did not have an interest in the Daughter.

The chemistry was missing in parts, felt disconnected, though it was getting better, but as the chemistry started to get better, the plot became a little predictable. They should have let the baddie get away with it. The ending was a little too convenient.

They haven't quite put it all together. Overall tho', they did suck me into it. So they have a chance to elevate.

clos4life likes this.
  4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I didn’t realize the script was based on the Brass Verdict. I’m sure they’ll do a season 2. I wonder which book is next.

Kind of far fetched the defendant used a drone to get rid of the evidence while waiting for the police to arrive. Also being murdered at the press conference lol

Deckard and clos4life like this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Personally really enjoyed it, good show. I liked both the movie and the show.

Deckard likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Good show

Deckard and clos4life like this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

About that wall ornament...

I was certain there would be something in the fish.

8. Buck Turgidson

Chekhov's Fish?

9. Buck Turgidson

His novels can get pretty silly, too. Black Ice was good...what was the one where the Hollywood guy sets him up at some sort of Chuck-E-Cheese amusement park thing, using his SFX skills as a movie guy?

I think both the movie and show are "ok" or "better".

Bosch is really good, though.

Deckard likes this.