1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodged A Bullet Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 17, 2022.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The draft didn’t happen OP, just the lottery order.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I feel there is no way Chet drops past both teams. I think Jabari could drop to us, Banchero is tempting because of his offensive potential and frankly star potential. Basically, Banchero is the J.Green of this draft, the most polished offensive player, wants to be a star, and that's always tempting for poverty franchises because this is a business too and players that get buckets sell tickets.

3. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

hey remember…. A team took Greg Oden over Durant . A team took Darko with the no . 2 pick before . A team passed up on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie …. GOT TO BELIEVE BRAA !

4. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Agree, but he probably also has the lowest downside as well: (other 'skilled skinny bigs' like Zhou Xi or Sean Bradley come to mind...)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

nah not even close. chet is a superior player by a great distance. chet gives me stress fracture that ruins a career vibes.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

#3 is probably the safest position. You just take whichever of the top 3 that's left. Nobody will question your decision. The top 3 is assumed to be Holmgrem, Smith, and Banchero.

I guess the only question is, will Ivey ends up in the top 3, surprising everyone?

BallSoHarden likes this.
  7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I actually wanted 3rd.

Jabari likely gone by then, and it's probably just high enough that we're safe from overreaching on Sharpe. Those are the two guys near the top that I most want to avoid.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

These are the threads that make this place special. Deep breath. Sigh. Tear.

jdjd likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Seeing as how OKC isn't even building a team, just collecting assets, maybe I could see them drafting Ivey and trading one of their two guards (for MORE first round picks) if they really fall in love with him.

Easy likes this.
  10. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I agree. Chet will be a huge bust. Been saying this. Jabari all the way for me but good with Banchero.

Imanimal likes this.
  11. sogood.

sogood. Member

You know who else was skinny coming in to the draft?

Durant and Giannis.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That’s called playing not to lose and while that maybe gets you job security for a minute, it wont bring a title to Houston.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Fortunately for Chet, he’s a far better athlete than either of those and far better basketball player

Williamson and raining threes like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dodged a bullet got hit by another one.

foh likes this.
  15. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Zhou xi is no where near the talent Sean Bradley or Chet will be.
    Bol bol, Bamba are more accurate comparison

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They can still draft Holmgren at 3. lol

BallSoHarden likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He's the best two way player.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure why you think it won't bring a title to Houston. Are you saying that there is a player in this draft that will bring a title to Houston and they must draft with the #1 pick? I don't see it. Everyone of those guys has bust potential as well as star potential. Even if you pick first, there's no guarantee you will bring in a generational talent.

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Especially when one of two teams picking ahead is the Orlando Magic. They were wrong about Suggs, and they could be wrong with the #1 pick as well. I am not too sure about their recent draft history (a lot of people missed on SGA in the Bamba draft), but the fact is they have been bad for a while now with little to show for it. No Doubt OKC will made the right decision. OKC, Toronto, and Boston really make the rest of the league look like fools.