1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nm

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I find myself scanning for headlines every morning for something novel.

As this war drags along with the appearance of Omnipresent Coverage, I feel myself treating this more and more like a sports event.

Didn't have this feeling a year after Iraq or Afghanistan, but maybe the "safety" of our asses not getting handed to us plus a Good/Evil narrative could potentially turn this into a 1984 style infotainment.

Are my fears unfounded?

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This war is good for risk on assets.

Your fears are unfounded. Stack those hard assets.

Hakeemtheking and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

We(st) just gifted all our stock of smart bombs, munitions, javies, humvees, small tankees, dronies, etsy...etsy... Swedes got some F-35s to fly around for NATO too.

Guess that official 735B military budget goin up cuz of Market Conditions. We goin to Costco, Genrals!!

::275 days since last official land war::

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So invest in the companies that make the weapons, because the USA and others will need to restock them.

DD

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The war crimes mount, and anyone defending Russia is supporting this.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who exactly is "defending Russia"?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of the usual suspects.
    Might as well call it defending Russia if they are against investigating Russia's war crimes.

House passes bill to document Russian war crimes in Ukraine
    BY CRISTINA MARCOS - 04/06/22 8:48 PM ET

The Republicans who opposed the bill were Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Thomas Massie (Ky.) and Scott Perry (Pa.).

https://thehill.com/news/house/3261123-house-passes-bill-to-document-russian-war-crimes-in-ukraine/

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is more about the military industrial complex or abstractions like "fighting for the American way or democracy) than caring about the people of Ukraine imho. Chances are still high that Russia will withdraw with the two Eastern Regions being semi-independent statelets under heavy Russian influence. Russia will have conquered fairly heavy Russian speaking area in a land bridge to Crimea which has mostly been part of Russia in history and remain part of Russia. .

Finland and Sweden will probably be members of NATO and what's left of Ukraine may very well be so, too. Ukraine will become much more unitedly anti-Russian and maybe even a member of NATO which would not have happened before. They will still not be admitted to the EC in any foreseeable future as the EC will not want to subsidize Ukraine which before just about the poorest country in Europe and will be much poorer unless its horrible destruction in this war is as much of an interest to the USA and Europe as the sale of arms has been.

This will allow Putin to claim some accomplishment. Zelensky will be a legendary hero and Ukraine will be much more united as a country. than before. AS Dakota says, the weapons manufactures will do well and perhaps it might even help Biden, though it is pretty hard to outdo the GOP on militarism. Except for the land bridge and probably NATO membership for Sweden, Finland, not much will be accomplished by the war that would not have been agreed to with Minsk 2. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements) which at least the US showed very little interest in.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There will be more than 2,000 participants, me being one of them. I can promise you the conspiracy theories about the WEF are largely wrong. I have been a few times.

Nook likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Did you wear masks at them Illuminati orgies?

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Much to my chagrin (if you have read any of my posts), both the WEF and the Bloomberg events are VERY heavy on masks and testing, etc. LOL.

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Well only the evil sneaky ones wear masks at those uhh "events".

15. Invisible Fan

I know because I watched a Squid Game documentary on the Netflix.

Eyes Wide Open

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Even Bush knows what an illegal invasion looks like

Nook and ElPigto like this.
  17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

A conspiracy is by definition something that is done covertly, or in secret. What these people associated with the WEF are doing, they are doing right out in the open, in broad daylight for all to see. This is not a conspiracy, it is an agenda.

There is no need to speculate about any of this. They have a website filled with videos that carefully document and promote their agenda. Further, the various leaders of this group, many of which are top leaders of national governments around the world, are frequently interviewed both by the TV and printed news media.

These are not virtuous people and their agenda is not a virtuous agenda. No doubt there are people who identify with this group who are just pleased to be associated with such an elite, globalist, powerful group and the sense of celebrity that goes along with that, who do not care about the ramifications and societal consequences of the actual implementation of this globalist agenda. However, it seems unlikely that it would appeal to any such person's sense of vanity to admit that.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Like others - @Trader_Jorge and @bigtexxx - I just like to dine with Latin American industrialists (G50) from time to time.

Like I did last night.

Nook likes this.
  19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I can't believe he said this on state TV. "We are in full geopolitical isolation ... and it's a situation we need to get out of."
    I don't see Russia getting out of it until Putin is gone.

DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member